• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Predators @ Hurricanes 3/9-3/11

Harbingers

It's no secret Nashville should have won that game in OT about 3 times. Definitely not the best show on ice last night. The Canes showed up twice last night, and that was for both scores. Everything else was pretty unnerving. Hell, they couldn't even clear the zone a few times in the 3rd for what seemed like 2-3 minutes.

Did I think Staal could break away like that? No.

Did I think Staal was going to shoot? No.

Did I think Staal could get a shot off with 2 sticks behind him? No.

There was nothing about that play I thought could or would end the game. How he separated and got a clean shot off is beyond me.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

There was nothing about that play I thought could or would end the game. How he separated and got a clean shot off is beyond me.

Tripp said it right after the game.  Jordo is skating like a teenager with the wisdom of a 15 year vet.

IDK what happened but, Staal is playing faster and more confident than I've ever seem him. 

13 hours ago, 54th man said:

Tampa and florida are making this one hell of a division race

Its gonna come down to the last game of the season. 

NHL might see it's best ratings ever this year. Compact, shortened season with 2-3 game divisional series makes for tight races and intense hockey games.

Rivalries grow, bad blood simmers and every game counts. I love covid hockey!

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

It's no secret Nashville should have won that game in OT about 3 times. Definitely not the best show on ice last night. The Canes showed up twice last night, and that was for both scores. Everything else was pretty unnerving. Hell, they couldn't even clear the zone a few times in the 3rd for what seemed like 2-3 minutes.

Did I think Staal could break away like that? No.

Did I think Staal was going to shoot? No.

Did I think Staal could get a shot off with 2 sticks behind him? No.

There was a fair amount of luck with the Predator wiffing on the puck and him being in the purpose place to take it from behind him unopposed. Once he started skating away I thought maybe he could do something. Glad he just took the shot even with Necas waiting in the wings. Last night was not our best passing or puck handling night.

• Pie 1