• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Note for Trey Lance fans...

Mr. Scot

14 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

I want Lance at 8, and I do not think someone will trade up to 5 to get him. Or 6 or 7. Several mock drafts don’t have him going in the first round at all. It’s a need pick and it’s one we should make. I’ll go on record as saying I want one or two guys in the first round: Lance or Sewell.

Lance isn't my guy, but I wouldn't be upset if we took him. There's a lot to like about the kid and he has the look of a modern QB and seems to have good leadership skills.

What worries me about him is that he is SOOOOO young and has SOOOO little experience as a QB, even going back to high school. He has the arm, he can move like a Maserati, but does he have enough experience to read a defense and process the info? Does he have the maturity to dig in and keep working when the game gets tough or the team racks up a couple of losses in a row? Has he seen enough of the game to really influence it and bend both teams to his will?

That's a lot for a kid who will turn 21 in May. Still, he looks the part, really looks the part.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Phil? 🤔

She prolly meant Billy and added an M accidentally.

image.jpeg.71bee613184c43b5170b970ac4d26c60.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Verge said:

Pretty weird for someone who Chris Simms thinks is a 2nd round pick at best 😉

Seriously, Chris Simms probably watched the 1 game this season and based it on that.  How hard would it be to prepare for 1 game?  I can't imagine everything in the program was running normally-must have seemed like playing in the Spring Practice game.

10 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Lance isn't my guy, but I wouldn't be upset if we took him. There's a lot to like about the kid and he has the look of a modern QB and seems to have good leadership skills.

What worries me about him is that he is SOOOOO young and has SOOOO little experience as a QB, even going back to high school. He has the arm, he can move like a Maserati, but does he have enough experience to read a defense and process the info? Does he have the maturity to dig in and keep working when the game gets tough or the team racks up a couple of losses in a row? Has he seen enough of the game to really influence it and bend both teams to his will?

That's a lot for a kid who will turn 21 in May. Still, he looks the part, really looks the part.

Pretty much this. There's a lot to like about the talent. If we're sold on the guy and draft him, I'll root like hell for him.

• Pie 3

8 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

He was running a pro-style offense--albeit not throwing a whole lot--reading defenses and calling his own plays during the first year that he was the man. That should say something about his mental acuity for the game.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

He will become my draft crush and be there at 8, while we draft Mac...

That happens to me every year--the guy I want is sitting there and then we take a guy I had scratched off my list.

Mac has me intrigued--I think boom or bust is the best way to describe him.  While most Huddlers are not in the Jones camp, I see the potential for him to be great in the right system.  They say, "Yeah, but at Bama he had a great OL and WRs"  That would be "the right system".   So I see both sides--but I post "Pro Jones" stuff because there is literally NOTHING statistically that says, "write him off."  Nothing.  So what are people seeing that they don't like?  They want a mobile qb and he aint that.  Gonna be a fun six or seven weeks.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

He was running a pro-style offense--albeit not throwing a whole lot--reading defenses and calling his own plays during the first year that he was the man. That should say something about his mental acuity for the game.

Good point.  I see something special in him--he will need the right system.

• Beer 1