• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The best way to give the Falcons the finger: Vick!

top dawg

The fact that I'm a dog lover would make me stop liking the Panthers. But that aside, seriously, WTF has he done with the Eagles that makes you think he can come down here and light it up? Well other than weed I guess.

A little peanut butter and your dog can love you back.

Not saying that Vick is even in the realm of reality because of the current philosophy of the organization, but let's talk some reality here. Some of you keep asking what has Vick done since he has been back? Not a damned thing. But, why would he even have the opportunity to do anything after being out of the league for a couple of years? The guy had to get in football shape first, both physically and mentally. Moreover, why would Vick, or anyone be playing any kind of major role when Donovan McNabb is the established QB and leader of the team? McNabb ain't going anywhere. As for any special deals that Vick got when he returned to the NFL, there was no one pointing a 50mm cannon at the Eagle's FO when they signed Vick. He is getting paid more than a mil, plus the Eagles have an option to extend his contract. In other words, they must have wanted him (even if it is just for a peripheral role). Now, show me evidence to the contrary.

As for him being a poor passer, you may have a point. The point is that Vick being a poor passer is in many ways a myth when you look at the fact that Vick's career passer rating is right around the mid 70s, it can be argued that he isn't as horrible a passer as he is made out to be (and in fact is better than a few HOFERs, and others who have Super Bowl rings). The fact is is that he could stand some improvement in that department, but his mobility probably more than makes up for his shortcomings at passer efficiency. The Falcons apparently thought so a few years back, and that's why they made Vick the highest paid player in the NFL at that time.

Some of you are always saying all that the Panthers need is a game manager anyway (which I kind of hate), and Vick could probably manage the game, but his mobility would also give him the opportunity to run away with it on occasion.

Personally, If I were in charge, I'd skip Vick too, in favor of a true, pure passer who makes good decisions---one who could actually turn into a real "franchise QB", but looking at history of the organization, that doesn't seem the way that our FO rolls. Our FO would rather roll the dice by investing in second and third string "game managers" from someone else's bench or a first stringer from NFL Europe. That being the case, at least Vick was "the man" on an NFL franchise at one time---the highest paid player in the game who put fear in the opposition because of his legs. Now, you may argue that his legs aren't there anymore, which would be really hard to believe (and probably somewhat disingenuous on your part), but I am thinking that his perceived problem as a pocket passer is probably the most rational argument from a pure football perspective.

All I am saying is that---being objective---if we are going to get some retread, draft project, or third rounder who is not a marquee guy, then Vick should be in the conversation, notwithstanding his stint in the pen.

Im a dog lover too, and frankly, Im sick of people bringing it up. The man did his time. who cares? Thats beside the point. the point is, he has nothing to offer on the field. What has anyone seen out of him? he has a career passer rating lower than Jake, and hes not even fast anymore. Let it go.

Archived