• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

[Person] Panthers were also in on DL Denico Autry and CB Michael Davis. Probably a good indicator of where they'll look today and in coming days

hepcat

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I think Leonard Williams could be the FA prize. I didn't think the Panthers would spend big money at DT but after cutting Kerr I think it's a possibility. They have to have a DT lined up to sign today after cutting him this late in the game.

He's franchise tagged.

• Beer 3

3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I think Leonard Williams could be the FA prize. I didn't think the Panthers would spend big money at DT but after cutting Kerr I think it's a possibility. They have to have a DT lined up to sign today after cutting him this late in the game.

The Leonard Williams that got franchise tagged by the Giants? You think Gettleman is going to pull another "yank the tag offer" move late in the offseason?

1 minute ago, Pup McBarky said:

Young and talented? Not our style. We could go after Artie Burns...he tore his acl, so he fits our preferred profile.

You'd think with the Fitterer/Seattle connection, the Panthers would either be the first team to jump into the mix to sign Griffin, or it's telling if he's getting let go by Seattle AND the Panthers aren't interested....he's good but inconsistent from what I've read/seen about him.

• Beer 1

Just now, BurnNChinn said:

Yep injured guys!

That's about all they can afford to sign this year.  It's a gamble they decided to take apparently. Sign guys who may be good but have had injuries in the past.  These guys will be cheaper than the guys everyone is clamoring for.  It's a sad reality that most or ignoring.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

You'd think with the Fitterer/Seattle connection, the Panthers would either be the first team to jump into the mix to sign Griffin, or it's telling if he's getting let go by Seattle AND the Panthers aren't interested....he's good but inconsistent from what I've read/seen about him.

Perhaps we just don't want to pay the price of admission for him. 

Just now, Jon Snow said:

That's about all they can afford to sign this year.  It's a gamble they decided to take apparently. Sign guys who may be good but have had injuries in the past.  These guys will be cheaper than the guys everyone is clamoring for.  It's a sad reality that most or ignoring.

I would say that, but Panthers have done this for almost 27 years. 

Just now, Jon Snow said:

I would honestly have just preferred to go heavy OL in the draft. I suppose we will see how that works out. We would need depth guys, regardless.

1 minute ago, BurnNChinn said:

I would say that, but Panthers have done this for almost 27 years. 

It's a new regime, so I'm trying to not let my ingrained fear from the past 2 decades to cloud my perspective on what they are "trying" to do with the team.  It will take a couple of seasons to determine if it's just more of the same.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It's a new regime, so I'm trying to not let my ingrained fear from the past 2 decades to cloud my perspective on what they are "trying" to do with the team.  It will take a couple of seasons to determine if it's just more of the same.

Well, it might only take one season. I can understand the one season "denial" buffer though. I remember looking back wistfully on the "Hurney 2.0" buffer year, the "Riverboat Ron" buffer years, the "Gettlemagic" buffer years, the "John Fox" buffer years......

Good times.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Well, it might only take one season. I can understand the one season "denial" buffer though. I remember looking back wistfully on the "Hurney 2.0" buffer year, the "Riverboat Ron" buffer years, the "Gettlemagic" buffer years, the "John Fox" buffer years......

Good times.

That's why I'm not going to label anything as good or bad.  I'm just trying to determine what the actual plan is going forward.  Whether it works out or not will take some time to figure out.