Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Ned has to play 9 of the remaining 25 games.


Recommended Posts

If he doesn’t, he becomes an UFA per his contract. If he does, he can be tendered as an RFA.

Sara Civian has the full explanation in her Athletic article. If you don’t subscribe to the Athletic, you should. It costs the same, per month, as one of those Venti lattes you drink every day.

https://theathletic.com/2470563/2021/03/23/the-hurricanes-may-have-finally-found-their-goalie-in-alex-nedeljkovic-after-waiving-him-in-january/

 

Edited by zacka77ack
  • Pie 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ned should be our #1 goalie unless/until he falters. Mrazek #1b when he comes back. Ned has shown more than enough at this point for that opportunity. He could be our Binnington for a deep playoff run...

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zacka77ack said:

If he doesn’t, he becomes an UFA per his contract. If he does, he can be tendered as an RFA.

Sara Civian has the full explanation in her Athletic article. If you don’t subscribe to the Athletic, you should. It costs the same, per month, as one of those Venti lattes you drink every day.

https://theathletic.com/2470563/2021/03/23/the-hurricanes-may-have-finally-found-their-goalie-in-alex-nedeljkovic-after-waiving-him-in-january/

 

I know that, if he doesn't get those games, he'll be unrestricted. But, if he does qualify as a RFA, that makes him eligible for the land of Starbucks to steal away, no?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Stumpy said:

I know that, if he doesn't get those games, he'll be unrestricted. But, if he does qualify as a RFA, that makes him eligible for the land of Starbucks to steal away, no?

Pretty sure he would be eligible to be taken by Seattle but every team can protect one goalie without sacrificing a forward or defenseman slot.

Right now he is the only goalie under contract beyond this season.

Edited by zacka77ack
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, zacka77ack said:

Pretty sure he would be eligible to be taken by Seattle but every team can protect one goalie without sacrificing a forward or defenseman slot.

Right now he is the only goalie under contract beyond this season.

That sounds right. But, I remember reading somewhere that there was a scenario where Ned doesn't qualify and we get penalised another expansion pick AND Ned is an UFA.

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

Edited by Stumpy
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, zacka77ack said:

Pretty sure he would be eligible to be taken by Seattle but every team can protect one goalie without sacrificing a forward or defenseman slot.

Right now he is the only goalie under contract beyond this season.

Well RFA. He’ll still have to be tendered.

On the full subject I bet we give Reimer some “rest” when Mrazek is ready until they playoffs. I bet we run Mrazek Reimer though in the post unless Ned is playing insanely good by then. 

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

Does he have to start? Play the entire game? Can he come in to replace Reimer and have that count? Part of a game?

 

 

Pretty sure games will only count if he plays at least 30 minutes, so realistically he has to start 9 more games (and not get pulled early in any of those 9).

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, t96 said:

Pretty sure games will only count if he plays at least 30 minutes, so realistically he has to start 9 more games (and not get pulled early in any of those 9).

What if we dress Reimer up in Ned's gear and tape some of those fuzzy caterpillars to his face.

Keeps him eligible as a RFA and inflates his stats, driving his price down on an extension. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, thrilled that we're rolling with Ned right now. I believe this'll be his first consecutive starts of his career, hope he dominates again tonight and can take hold of the starting job, or at least be in the mix over Reims when Petr comes back.

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...