• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Houston police opening investigation on Deshaun Watson

TheSpecialJuan

2 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Look at these dudes just making poo up about the massage therapists but wanting no conclusion jumping about Watson. Pathetic.

Typical misogyny. It's really sad what women have to go though to just have the same rights. 

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Ok so simply just awnser the question and you won't be misrepresented. Do you think believing a victim is wrong? Or is the victim a lier till they can be proven right? 

From a legal perspective, you have to be proven to be a victim! Whether you admit it or not, Watson could be the victim here. That's why you let all the facts come out before you rush to judgement, particularly when you have suspicious circumstances and people reluctant to step out from behind the veil of confidentiality to the opposing counsel at the very least. 

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

No, some of us actually believe in the theory behind American jurisprudence (which has its origins in English common law), even if hypocrites don't mete it out fairly. 

So now you've a hypocrite for supporting female victims though sexual assault? Or do laws only apply to men? 

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

From a legal perspective, you have to be proven to be a victim! Whether you admit it or not, Watson could be the victim here. That's why you let all the facts come out before you rush to judgement, particularly when you have suspicious circumstances and people reluctant to step out from behind the veil of confidentiality to the opposing counsel at the very least. 

Ok so what you are saying is the victim is a lying until proven right? 

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

You love your straw man arguments!

You love not defining your arguments. Either say what you mean or don't say anything. Dancing around trying to not seem like a misogynist while saying misogyny statements is the game you play. 

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

It's pathetic that you don't appreciate the spirit of the law.

Oh I appreciate it. I appreciate the 12 jury members more though. People have progressed a bunch in the past 12 year and the old Ad hominem defense doesn't work anymore. 

Just now, Snake said:

You love not defining your arguments. Either say what you mean or don't say anything. Dancing around trying to not seem like a misogynist while saying misogyny statements is the game you play. 

If you're not strong enough in reading comprehension to understand what I've said very clearly, that's a personal issue!

I don't support misogyny, lying, misrepresenting the facts, or plain old hypocrisy, which is a big part of America's existence, and I feel great about it! I don't have any moral dilemmas at all about my sense of fairness and justice! You may, but that's your issue!

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

If you're not strong enough in reading comprehension to understand what I've said very clearly, that's a personal issue!

I don't support misogyny, lying, misrepresenting the facts, or plain old hypocrisy, which is a big part of America's existence, and I feel great about it! I don't have any moral dilemmas at all about my sense of fairness and justice! You may, but that's your issue!

Yeah your argument is so Propositional fallacy I'm trying not to laugh. 

Edited by Snake
  • Flames 1

You can't believe either side.  You have to let the facts make the case.  I am not going to believe a woman who is afraid to reveal her name even in confidentiality to the man you are accusing.

@Snake Let me ask you this.  If a woman came in here and said you sexually assaulted her.  Are we supposed to ban you until you are proven innocent or are we supposed to get the facts and make a decision after all the facts are in.

We can't as a society just assume that because a woman or women come out and make a claim against a person.  The case must unfold and both sides need to investigate a prove their case.

I don't know whether he did it or not.  What I find extremely unfair is that so many women came out in 2+ weeks and not a one of them has given their name.  To me they are hiding something.  

• Beer 2