• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Houston police opening investigation on Deshaun Watson

TheSpecialJuan

28 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

How will people cope their way out of this one?

It's not really--nor has it ever been--about coping a way out of something, it's always been about letting it all play out before you draw a solid conclusion. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 3

23 minutes ago, Asurfaholic said:

IMO this is the difference between a legit complaint of a sexual assault and blackmail. 

DW is innocent until proven guilty. How you like them apples, Sean Payton’s Vicodin? 

That’s sad the courts control your thoughts.

Innocent until guilty is a proceeding l, a right to due process, not a mentality and excuse to not use your own brain.

O.J. is and was guilty. People are often innocent and/or guilty despite what courts rule. 

Also evidence is the primary (but not all encompassing) difference between sexual assault and blackmail not a criminal or civil suit or even if there isn’t at any court filings period.

Hence the DA being able to take a civil suit criminal by reviewing the evidence which still may happen.

• Poo 3

42 minutes ago, onmyown said:

That’s sad the courts control your thoughts.

Innocent until guilty is a proceeding l, a right to due process, not a mentality and excuse to not use your own brain.

O.J. is and was guilty. People are often innocent and/or guilty despite what courts rule. 

Also evidence is the primary (but not all encompassing) difference between sexual assault and blackmail not a criminal or civil suit or even if there isn’t at any court filings period.

Hence the DA being able to take a civil suit criminal by reviewing the evidence which still may happen.

The courts control my thoughts???

are you retarded? 

(Some) women lie. Evidence doesn’t. If there’s no evidence DW may not or may not be innocent, but you won’t find me piling on the mob justice and throwing stones long before any actual investigation has taken place.

If he’s guilty he will pay for it one way or another. His presumption of innocence is not something I am willing to throw away just because some women have made allegations. 

Also, you might be right that a DA can use evidence from a civil court and bring criminal charges, but the burden of proof is much lower in a civil case which is why I suspect a money grab and not an actual interest in putting a dangerous criminal away. Some of the allegations are very serious. It baffled me that none were brought forward in a formal complaint to the police- especially once everything went public. People like to defend that silence because the women might fear repercussions- but that excuse goes out the window as soon as the civil complaint was brought. 

Edited by Asurfaholic
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Police open an investigation into a 20+ plaintif civil suit within its jurisdiction? Surprise or am I supposed to belive that it doesn't take 20+ legal accusations in Texas to get thr police's attention on a possible horrendous repeat criminal activity? This is a long ways from truly shedding light on everything. It's big but all of this still reeks from every angle. It just drips WTF? 

I hope any victims get justice. I have no idea what that means right now. This particular action is hardly surprising given the scope of the allegations.

At some point there is going to be a list of facts but this is still not that point. Regardless, NFL radioactive. The only positive here is that it had zero to do with Carolina football. 

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1