• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Weathering the Storm..

bLACKpANTHER

So I have been keeping a running list of what our remaining schedule is while highlighting specific things:
- potential wins (green circle)
- potential loses (red circle)
- KEY matchups (yellow/green circle)
- road trips [3 games or more] (pink shade)
- back-to-backs (red bracket)

I also highlighted when Ball, Monk and Hayward were injured and their projected return/re-evaluations on our schedule.. FYI, I made these predictions before the Monk/Hayward injury..
In the upcoming games, if we can beat OKC, ATL and Cleveland - I think we will have weathered the worst of the storm.. There are tougher stretches of our schedule but to be honest, we can lose against the tough teams as long as we pick up W's in the yellow KEY matchup games..

1973527935_ScreenShot2021-04-07at9_42_52AM.thumb.png.6d006b5db24a8bd5822e9a2279294206.png

After looking at the schedule of other teams in the hunt, i think - even if we ONLY won 6 more games against CLE x2, DET x2, ORL & WAS - that would put us at 31 wins and probably still good enough to be the last team in the playoff (IND & CHI have tough schedules).. but I think we will be closer to 36-36 final record..

Those 8 yellow/green games will determine how things shake out the rest of the way..

Edited by bLACKpANTHER
  • Pie 4

Thanks for putting that together, nice way to look at it. Gonna be a rough couple of weeks at least. Hopefully our injured guys can get back sooner rather than later. I really want to get a top 6 seed, otherwise it's pretty much just an instant elimination at the hands of Philly or Brooklyn, even if we do get healthy. If we can get a top 6 seed I could see us winning a series if we're healthy. Either way I'll be thrilled for our younger guys to get playoff experience, and hopefully Melo is 100% by then so we can see what playoff Melo looks like.

• Pie 2

If Monk is healthy by the 4/16 Brooklyn game, I'd still hold him out until that Knicks game on the 20th. Like you outlined, Brooklyn and Portland are likely losses so bring back a key role player for the NYK game and don't risk reinjury for those games we are outmatched regardless. 

If we can get Ball/Hayward back by May, that's a win imo. 

• Pie 2

On 4/7/2021 at 9:50 AM, bLACKpANTHER said:

So I have been keeping a running list of what our remaining schedule is while highlighting specific things:
- potential wins (green circle)
- potential loses (red circle)
- KEY matchups (yellow/green circle)
- road trips [3 games or more] (pink shade)
- back-to-backs (red bracket)

I also highlighted when Ball, Monk and Hayward were injured and their projected return/re-evaluations on our schedule.. FYI, I made these predictions before the Monk/Hayward injury..
In the upcoming games, if we can beat OKC, ATL and Cleveland - I think we will have weathered the worst of the storm.. There are tougher stretches of our schedule but to be honest, we can lose against the tough teams as long as we pick up W's in the yellow KEY matchup games..

1973527935_ScreenShot2021-04-07at9_42_52AM.thumb.png.6d006b5db24a8bd5822e9a2279294206.png

After looking at the schedule of other teams in the hunt, i think - even if we ONLY won 6 more games against CLE x2, DET x2, ORL & WAS - that would put us at 31 wins and probably still good enough to be the last team in the playoff (IND & CHI have tough schedules).. but I think we will be closer to 36-36 final record..

Those 8 yellow/green games will determine how things shake out the rest of the way..

Don't forget there's a play-in for seeds 7-10.

Would have rather lost to Bucks and beat Hawks.. we own tiebreaker against them but they and Miami are most likely teams to leapfrog us for #4 and #5 seeds.. Boston could get #6 and we have to compete for spot in playoff if we continue to slip..

Staying in #4 or #5 is key because I feel we can win a series against any of the teams mentioned earlier - when we are at full strength.. if we fall to #6 and have to deal with one of those Elite 3 seeds - we are cooked..

• 2 weeks later...