• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Verge's 2021 Mock Draft

Verge

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Verge, are you like me in that you see the possibility of a short trade back to get a top CB and then LT in second?  I could be off on a tangent, but I am thinking they might trade back even if Slater is on the board.  I think #1 CB is perhaps a bigger need than we are realizing, considering our 31st ranking "off the field on third down" ranking.  Just went off on a tangent, read some tea leaves, shook my magic 8 ball, and spent $20 on Psychics.com.  

There was also that mention about length showing up on tape at CB and at LT. That made me change my opinion as to who they may draft in the first. I'm now leaning towards it being a CB myself.

I have to disagree on fields though. I'd say no way. He may be the reason we can trade back for that CB you mentioned and get the best haul for it.

Edited by Panthers Rhule
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, Panthers Rhule said:

There was also that mention about length showing up on tape at CB and at LT. That made me change my opinion as to who they may draft in the first. I'm now leaning towards it being a CB myself.

Great point.   We could be chasing the false bread crumbs they are dropping, but it makes sense.  At first, I was pissed about CB, but frankly there are 3 who could change our secondary a lot---right now.  And the LT draft is solid.  We could get Cosmi for example, and he was a mid first round pick in the past few drafts.

Somewhere I read about Surtain (I think it was Peter King on PFT):  "He does not get fooled by double moves...."  He is a press, can play zone, is tall, long arms..."

The double move comment got me, because you can leave him on an island, shade the S behind Jackson who has frequently bitten on double moves, and that S help allows him to play more aggressively.  They mentioned the job Hartsfield was doing at the end of the season during the presser--they just seemed really focused on the secondary.  I think THEY THINK they have addressed LT well enough to wait until round 2....

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Great point.   We could be chasing the false bread crumbs they are dropping, but it makes sense.  At first, I was pissed about CB, but frankly there are 3 who could change our secondary a lot---right now.  And the LT draft is solid.  We could get Cosmi for example, and he was a mid first round pick in the past few drafts.

I read you analytics post and agreed with you. I really started thinking about that when I saw the predraft presser. And yes they may be bread crumbs, they are dropping a lot but at the same time there sounded like too much truth in it. We haven't had a shut down corner for even longer than we haven't had a great LT. Who was our last shut down corner? Have we ever had one? I honestly can't remember one. Surely we've had one and it's just been so long ago that the name escapes me. 

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Verge, are you like me in that you see the possibility of a short trade back to get a top CB and then LT in second?  I could be off on a tangent, but I am thinking they might trade back even if Slater is on the board.  I think #1 CB is perhaps a bigger need than we are realizing, considering our 31st ranking "off the field on third down" ranking.  Just went off on a tangent, read some tea leaves, shook my magic 8 ball, and spent $20 on Psychics.com.  

I think ideally they want to trade back and go get Horn/Surtain, but if Sewell is there at 8 they will just take him. Don't overthink it. 

• Pie 2