• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NCFan week Prior Mock

ncfan

First off.  I believe the Panthers are going to try Hard to shop this pick.

one scenario I have and could see is trading with New England.  They then would take Jaycee Horn.  Our staff is Really Really high on this kid.  They have him CB1.  Former Seattle CB that Fitterer knows well, Richard Sherman, said Horn is the best CB in this draft.  If this scenario.  Expect the next 2 picks to be OL.

That being said.  This is hard to predict. So with the most likely scenario.

8. RaShawn Slater- This pick could be Sewell.  But think he will be gone here.  There are also rumors that our staff like Slater over Sewell.  Panthers are in dire need to solidify the LT position.  It has been a revolving door (no pun intended) since Gross left.  I’ve lost count on how many different guys we’ve started there since Gross retired.  Also import to note.  Joe Brady’s offense heavily relies on 5 man protection.  This puts a Lot of Pressure on the OL, and the need to have a solid one at that.

2nd:

trade down!

I expect a few teams to move up for a QB in rd 2.  And I expect we will be calling everyone to try to move down and get more picks.   Here, I am going to project the Bears to move up here.  We get their 3rd.

52.  Ifeatu Melifonwu- This kid is a Kid Fitterer would’ve most definitely taken in Seattle.  Panthers get another CB with Big upside as they still try to replace Bradbury.

73. Richie Grant-it’s no secret the Panthers want to upgrade at FS. They cut Boston.  And while everyone has been focused on what QB pro day our staff has been at.  Rhule and co have been at All the TOP Safeties in this drafts pro day.  On top,  Rhule absolutely fell in Love with Grant at the Senior Bowl. Think if they feel he won’t be here.  They will make a move up for him the same way they did with Chinn.

84(via Bears).  Jackson Carman- Clemson LT struggled this year.  But his film and tools say the kid could transition well to OG.  Rhule likes these Versatile kids.

113. David Moore- Panthers throwing draft picks at this OL that needs major help.  Moore from Grambling State, had a good senior bowl week and has plenty of upside.

151. Shi Smith- Another Senior Bowl kid, who performed well in front of our staff.  Smith has potential to compete for that WR3 spot.

rest of the picks bpa

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

Well we got our top CB Horn, when I wrote this, I didn’t think we’d get him at 8.

Got Moore and Smith.  

we liked Grant but didn’t get him in the trade down.

instead of Carman we got Christensen 

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

Well we got our top CB Horn, when I wrote this, I didn’t think we’d get him at 8.

Got Moore and Smith.  

we liked Grant but didn’t get him in the trade down.

instead of Carman we got Christensen 

Good going man!  I didn't do nearly as well this year as I did last year.  I got CB Taylor and in a few instances Christensen in the 3rd round.   That was it this year.