Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

The QB School 2021 NFL Draft - QB rankings


Recommended Posts

JT is pretty thorough when you're looking at just film study.  He's very open about the fact he hasn't actually talked to any of the prospects and bases his opinion purely on the film.  He'd probably make a pretty darn good QB coach if he wanted to go that route.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For a comparison, last years ranking:

 

1) Tua

2) Burrow

3) Jake Fromm

4) Jordan Love

5) Nate Stanley (Iowa)

6) Anthony Gordon (Wash. St.)

7) Jalen Hurts

8. Justin Herbert

9) Jacob Eason

10) Steven Montez (Colorado)

 

Maybe not the best guy to go to for rankings.  Excellent film breakdown though, very educational.  

Edited by shaka
  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, shaka said:

For a comparison, last years ranking:

 

1) Tua

2) Burrow

3) Jake Fromm

4) Jordan Love

5) Nate Stanley (Iowa)

6) Anthony Gordon (Wash. St.)

7) Jalen Hurts

8. Justin Herbert

9) Jacob Eason

10) Steven Montez (Colorado)

 

Maybe not the best guy to go to for rankings.  Excellent film breakdown though, very educational.  

His rankings are strictly off of film. Nothing else. He doesn’t talk to scouts or the kids to get a feel for how successful he thinks they will be in the pros. He’s ranking them on the bits of film he watches which is typically not every game each year. 
 

There is no go-to guy for ranking how prospects will turn out in the pros. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, shaka said:

For a comparison, last years ranking:

 

1) Tua

2) Burrow

3) Jake Fromm

4) Jordan Love

5) Nate Stanley (Iowa)

6) Anthony Gordon (Wash. St.)

7) Jalen Hurts

8. Justin Herbert

9) Jacob Eason

10) Steven Montez (Colorado)

 

Maybe not the best guy to go to for rankings.  Excellent film breakdown though, very educational.  

Ouch.

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Varking said:

His rankings are strictly off of film. Nothing else. He doesn’t talk to scouts or the kids to get a feel for how successful he thinks they will be in the pros. He’s ranking them on the bits of film he watches which is typically not every game each year. 
 

There is no go-to guy for ranking how prospects will turn out in the pros. 

Oh yea, absolutely agree.  He even gives like 10 minutes of disclaimer saying how it's just off film.  That's the problem with rankings, they're easy to take out of context.  I'm sure his Herbert film breakdown talked a lot about potential and consistency but that's not taken into a single top 10 ranking.  But rankings are easy to criticize and debate.   

I'm a pretty big fan of QB school and All Things QB.  They both have some good content on Darnold also

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, shaka said:

Oh yea, absolutely agree.  He even gives like 10 minutes of disclaimer saying how it's just off film.  That's the problem with rankings, they're easy to take out of context.  I'm sure his Herbert film breakdown talked a lot about potential and consistency but that's not taken into a single top 10 ranking.  But rankings are easy to criticize and debate.   

I'm a pretty big fan of QB school and All Things QB.  They both have some good content on Darnold also

Yeah his content is outstanding. As he said in the video he only watches 4-5 games of film on any given prospect and he shares that footage with YouTube. I would consider his rankings more definitive if he reviewed all their tape but that’s not the goal of his channel. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...