• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Updated Vegas Odds to land Fields

ncfan

7 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I am with you--we made our QB choice, now lets build around him.   Sorta reminds me of the time the Cowboys drafted Aikman and gave up another #1 pick in the supplemental draft by drafting Steve Walsh.  That did not really pan out. 

Of course you could say, we gave up a 1st (2021), a second (2022), and fourth (2022) and a sixth (2021) for 2 QBs with starting potential.

Now, I have to think if Tepper was behind the Darnold move, he would also be behind the Fields decision.  Does that mean Darnold was simply insurance?  Here is the rub.  You get Darnold, and no matter what these people say about him, he has the tools to be successful.  Imagine getting #15, a second and maybe a first in 2022 to move back and take Horn, for example? 
To me, you do not put all of your resources in one basket and hope for a miracle.  You research the player, build around him, and go to war.

Sometimes I feel like Bill Cosby when Coca Cola trotted him out to tell everybody with a straight face that he liked "New Coke" better.

Of course, in the years since, I've learned that feeling like Bill Cosby probably isn't a good idea 😕

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Sometimes I feel like Bill Cosby when Coca Cola trotted him out to tell everybody with a straight face that he liked "New Coke" better.

Of course, in the years since, I've learned that feeling like Bill Cosby generally isn't a good idea 😕

What exactly was in that Jello Pudding that he raved about so much?

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

You have to read those ingredients on the label.  There are some chemicals in there that are probably not good for you.

If you figure that out, then do me a favor and tell me what the hell's in Scooby Snacks that can make a complete coward ready to risk their life.

(yes, I know the theorized answer)

I will be honest--I want to see what Darnold can do and if Fields is there, I want NE to send me 2 firsts and a second or so to swap.  I think we compete in 2021 with a T and CB and maybe a WR---not 2 qbs fighting for one center's ass to grab.

• Pie 1

I will be honest--I want to see what Darnold can do and if Fields is there, I want NE to send me 2 firsts and a second or so to swap.  I think we compete in 2021 with a T and CB and maybe a WR---not 2 qbs fighting for one center's ass to grab.

Well, there's an image...

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Smithers said:

That’s not true if you study his tape.  Besides, this draft has plenty of talent at LT

Got me, I have not studied his tape-- saw him at G when i watched.  Smithers, I would love it---but I am so afraid of ignoring other positions.

Well, there's an image...