• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

22 cap space will be 208 million

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

There were a lot of guys that avoided long term contracts this past offseson because the expectation is that the salary cap will skyrocket with the new TV deal.

Yup, extremely smart from them. 

Im just talking about for the people who think bigger cap space means that we’ll be able to sign our pending free agents and still have a lot to spend on others in free agency. 

• Beer 1

Just now, DeSim said:

Yup, extremely smart from them. 

Im just talking about for the people who think bigger cap space means that we’ll be able to sign our pending free agents and still have a lot to spend on others in free agency. 

Yeah, the market will adjust. Luckily we have been cleaning up our cap issues the past couple of years and we should be good for a bit.

If our draft picks start panning out at a higher rate, we will have some tough choices in the next 4-5 seasons, however. You can't keep them all, not even the Saints can.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Basbear said:

Thats not correct. That figure does not include Reddick, Boston, or Paradis dead cap. There maybe a couple more that I over looked, but each of them takes away about 5(paradis I think is 10) million each in dead cap form the 58 number. The number is closer to 40 .

has my link been updated since posted?  It now shows all 3 with their cap hits, with Paradis combining his dead cap of two years of 4 both being counted next year for a hit of 8,  for 53 million of cap space.  

Are you using spotrac?

8 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

has my link been updated since posted?  It now shows all 3 with their cap hits, with Paradis combining his dead cap of two years of 4 both being counted next year for a hit of 8,  for 53 million of cap space.  

Are you using spotrac?

sportac- I viewed it days ago and they still did not have Reddick, Paradis, or Boston dead cap hits for 2022. Over the cap only shows Tre Boston for 5.33 dead cap and thats wrong as well. Click the year 2022 to see.

Reddick signed a 5 yr deal with 4 years voided to lower this years cap hit. All four years hit next year and its dead space cause the contract is voided, he could re-sign.

Paradis added 3-4 years as well and lowered his 2021 cap munber, same as Reddick they void and all hit next year.

Boston was a 2021 Post june cut, it allows to spread the dead cap over two years. 

Click the players to see for yourself, my numbers are rough. I just didnt want people to get a false sense that panthers have nearly 60 million in space, when they truly are closer to 40. I watched before free agency and the panthers had over 100+ million in space for 2022, but finesser borrowed about 50 million form that to use this year on free agents. I believe out of everyone signing no cap hit is above 4+/- million. Fox was the highest at one point at 2.75, before Jones signed. Even AJ only hits for 2.2 this year. Nearly all rocket up in 2022 in cap number terms. 

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

I have no idea what you guys are looking at. I see Boston’s full hit in 2021, Reddick and Paradis’ voided hits in 2022 and $58M on the 2022 page. It’s sure seems like it’s all there and accounted for except that Boston isn’t split, but it’s the full dead cap, nothing is missing. I assume come June 1st that amount splits into two years but with rollover there is not overall change. 

28147884_Screenshot2021-05-26at9_40_23PM.thumb.png.583c34d655f5dc27a4a1ed81396e8aa0.png1946897366_Screenshot2021-05-26at9_42_04PM.thumb.png.6413d1f30e3718bb2a07b1029deaa497.png

21 minutes ago, Basbear said:

sportac- I viewed it days ago and they still did not have Reddick, Paradis, or Boston dead cap hits for 2022. Over the cap only shows Tre Boston for 5.33 dead cap and thats wrong as well. Click the year 2022 to see.

Reddick signed a 5 yr deal with 4 years voided to lower this years cap hit. All four years hit next year and its dead space cause the contract is voided, he could re-sign.

Paradis added 3-4 years as well and lowered his 2021 cap munber, same as Reddick they void and all hit next year.

Boston was a 2021 Post june cut, it allows to spread the dead cap over two years. 

Click the players to see for yourself, my numbers are rough. I just didnt want people to get a false sense that panthers have nearly 60 million in space, when they truly are closer to 40. I watched before free agency and the panthers had over 100+ million in space for 2022, but finesser borrowed about 50 million form that to use this year on free agents. I believe out of everyone signing no cap hit is above 4+/- million. Fox was the highest at one point at 2.75, before Jones signed. Even AJ only hits for 2.2 this year. Nearly all rocket up in 2022 in cap number terms. 

thanks I'll take a look tomorrow

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Why are you showing two different sites? All the ones below are from Spotrac and they show all of Boston in 2021 and Reddick/Paradis voided cap in 2022 and the 2022 cap space is $58M.

892CBCA2-BDF7-4818-94ED-9C3B3C833718.thumb.png.f2fa31a3e9f601bb10425257cbeae834.png4776C873-3D14-4A09-A792-8DE0ADA9F109.thumb.png.7bed777168b97d14a72dd254d7d8d456.png7F79D503-1C2E-4EFA-A4D4-61111A031A1B.thumb.png.5d9c79618f0217d747680d116e175dd5.png

I showed over the cap and sportac. Over shows Boston is the only 2022 dead cap(thats off/wrong) . Sportac shows nothing as the picture shows at 2022 dead cap players (0).