• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teams To Have Never Won a Super Bowl

SBBlue

24 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Its a longer list than the list of teams that have never had back to back winning seasons. I believe that list would only have one team on it. 

Six division titles and 2 conference championships and eight playoff appearances...and never back to back winning seasons.

tbh, I really don't care about that stat.  I'd rather have SB's sprinkled in there than be what the aints have been the last 5 years.

Edited by SBBlue
  • Pie 4

21 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Its a longer list than the list of teams that have never had back to back winning seasons. I believe that list would only have one team on it. 

Oof.  But if you don't lay out the red carpet for every decision mgmt makes some folks will go off the deep end and ask why you are a fan 🤣

• Beer 2

14 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

tbh, I really don't care about that stat.  I'd rather have SB's sprinkled in there than be what the aints have been the last 5 years.

Division champs four years in a row with a Super Bowl trophy nestled under their tree every fall? Yeah that must be awful.

• Flames 1

Just now, frankw said:

Division champs four years in a row with a Super Bowl trophy nestled under their tree every fall? Yeah that must be awful.

I only covet the  SB trophy, which they haven't acquired in the last five years. 

Hopefully their fall from grace has begun, they've lost some important pieces.

7 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I only covet the  SB trophy, which they haven't acquired in the last five years. 

Hopefully their fall from grace has begun, they've lost some important pieces.

To win a championship in this current league you have to either get extremely lucky by catching lightning in a bottle like the Panthers did in 2015 or you have to build some semblance of consistency. I do not care for Sean Payton at all but I am not expecting a crash and burn unless he just forgets how to coach. What he brings to the table is what we need from Matt Rhule. Here's to hoping.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, frankw said:

What he brings to the table is what we need from Matt Rhule. 

You mean the SB, right?

... Not the most severe sanctions in the NFL history, and among the most severe punishments for in-game misconduct in North American professional sports history, including a suspension for a year, a team  $500,000—the maximum fine permitted under the league constitution...you know, for the cheating they did to get that trophy.

BTW...

The Saints were started in 67.  They  had 20 consecutive seasons without a winning record or qualifying for the playoffs. They earned their first winning record and postseason berth in 1987, while their first playoff win would not occur until 2000, their 34th season.

If we were the  aints, we wouldn't even had a playoff win until 2029. 

Then they cheated to get their trophy.

Edited by SBBlue
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 5

5 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

You mean the SB, right?

... Not the most severe sanctions in the NFL history, and among the most severe punishments for in-game misconduct in North American professional sports history, including a suspension for a year, a team  $500,000—the maximum fine permitted under the league constitution...you know, for the cheating they did to get that trophy.

X's and O's and some quality drafting. We know about Payton on a personal level and the bounty scandal. He still knows how to coach. We can sit around crying about how unfair it is or we can build a better team and get back to beating them 🤷‍♂️

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, frankw said:

X's and O's and some quality drafting. We know about Payton on a personal level and the bounty scandal. He still knows how to coach. We can sit around crying about how unfair it is or we can build a better team and get back to beating them 🤷‍♂️

Just checking what you were referring to.  You seemed to really like the guy.

1 minute ago, SBBlue said:

Just checking what you were referring to.  You seemed to really like the guy.

Except the part where I stated I dont care for him at all. You can not like someone but still be an adult and acknowledge reality. Winning can mask a lot of things and his checkered past is proof of it. That's why he is still where he is and our previous head coach is in Washington.

1 hour ago, SBBlue said:

Six division titles and 2 conference championships and eight playoff appearances...and never back to back winning seasons.

One thing all SB winning teams have in common... back to back winning seasons. 

• Flames 2