• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

3 Things from camp today

SBBlue

3 minutes ago, X-Clown on 1 said:

4. CMC looks like a LT/FB when checking into camp at night in the middle of the day.

4MR posted that CMC said

fine, I'll block for my damn self

I'll be my own damn line.

Edited by SBBlue
  • Flames 1

Latest from Person (The Athletic

The Moton-to-left tackle talk is real

When Moton lined up occasionally at left tackle in the spring, it felt like an in-case-of-emergency proposition. But listening to Moton and Panthers coach Matt Rhule talk Tuesday, it sounds like there may be a little more to it.

Moton’s best position remains right tackle, where he’s made 47 of his 48 career starts. But if the left tackle competition goes poorly, Moton could slide to the left side as the Panthers seek to get their five best linemen on the field.

“We’ll put him over there. I know it’s a challenge that he probably would like to undertake,” Rhule said. “We did a little bit in the spring, but it’s hard to do without pads on. We’ll maybe give him some reps here and there, and then just get a feel as we go of who the other four best guys are.”

Cam Erving and Trent Scott — two of the guys who will compete at left tackle — are both good to go after missing OTAs and minicamp with injuries, Rhule said. If third-round pick Brady Christensen — or even Greg Little — look like they can handle the right side, it might make it easier to move Moton, who prepared this summer to be ready to play either side.

“It’s just feeling more and more comfortable, repping it out day in and day out until you feel like you’ve got it down,” he said. “You can only do so much on air. It’s gonna come down to when you’ve got a real NFL pass rusher in front of you till you get the real feeling of it and feel comfortable.”

• Beer 1