• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Backup QB NOT on the roster?

MHS831

21 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Available free agents (via Spotrac)

- Alex Smith (pretty sure he retired, but...)
- Robert Griffin III
- Matt Barkley
- Josh McCown (excellent mentor type ) 
- Blake Bortles
- Brett Hundley
- Sean Mannion (been getting a lot of tryouts) 
- Ryan Finley
- Jamie Newman (yeah...no)
- Josh Johnson
- Case Cookus (yes, that's a real guy; I looked him up)

Not a great list. 

Disgusted Charlie Brown GIF by Peanuts

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, stirs said:

In all actuality, none of those backups are going to get you to the playoffs and win anything.  Like most teams, if our starter goes out, so do our playoff hopes.  We might be better off trading for a LT if our musical chairs experiments do not work to produce one from within.  Keeping Darnold upright and healthy is probably the better option.

I get ya. Build the line, and turn Sam into TB. Give him some time, but just throw the ball away, or fall down when trouble arises.

Tampa has a pretty good Oline. Brady does get the ball out quickly on most plays. But they max protect on the longer plays as well. All designed to keep TB safe. 

That is what we need to do for Sam. Then let the kid have some fun.

1 hour ago, iamhubby1 said:

I get ya. Build the line, and turn Sam into TB. Give him some time, but just throw the ball away, or fall down when trouble arises.

You forgot the part where he turns around and whines to the ref if anybody touches him, gets near enough to touch him, or hurls and insult as he runs by.

• Beer 2

@MHS831  I already stated my opinion on backup QBs months ago. 

What I do what is to ask you about Matt Rhule's hair....... Do we need to stage a intervention? Need opinions form other huddlers that had hair issues too. Im starting to get minor powers alleys on each side, but its very early in the change. Matt has the the look of someone stressed out that still cares but give up in hair regards. Looks like he already got some transplant as well. Is it hard to let it go and go for a short buzz look, that is my plan for the great lost. *If it happens lucky I was blessed with father and grandfather genes. Each had hair long into life..... What say thee??

image.jpeg.9be892cdece29236917e24125c346afc.jpeg