• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

***Discuss Thursdays game with some friendly Dolphin Fans***

Henne Given Sunday

I heard Pat Kirwin saying that visiting teams playing on a short week are something like 3-14 over the past 2 years. The logic is that most teams and veterans need several days of rest to recover from the Sunday game. That usually means they don't put on the pads until Wednesday. Even on a short week that means Tuesday with lots of guys sitting. So they usually travel on Wednesday for the Thursday game meaning they lose a day in the process. Meanwhile the home team has no interruption and have more time to plan and install a gameplan.

Consequently the home team has a distinct advantage over the visiting team. Given we are evenly matched and at home spells good luck for us this week.

being without ronnie brown is going to be the toughest thing for their offense.

we'll have some adjusting to do with the Oline but i'm not too worried there. wharton has done the job before and done well enough.

jake looks like he's good jake for the moment. the run game is doing well. smitty and moose are happy because they are a part of things again. if we keep the no huddle going i like our chances against the dolphin D.

peppers is limited but i'm fairly confident that the rest of the Dline will handle things up front pretty well.

being without TD is going to be the hardest thing for us. i think landon did well yesterday. not as good as davis but well enough. 6 tackles and one assist isn't too bad.

i love having martin as the FS. he's looking like a real ball hawk. i'm fairly confident that the defense will be able to handle things. at least it will help prevent a blowout.

the score won't be high. it won't need to be.

the short week is going to play a huge part in helping us against the dolphins. time will be on our side.

Pat White will not be a big issue. Brown was fast and a load to bring down. White is pretty small and will go down pretty easily. Henne also looks like a 2nd year player when he is under pressure and doesn't have easy throws much like Ryan.

I actually expect a grind it out physical running game which is pretty low scoring. Turnovers will be the key for us as it has been all year.

Pat White will not be a big issue. Brown was fast and a load to bring down. White is pretty small and will go down pretty easily. Henne also looks like a 2nd year player when he is under pressure and doesn't have easy throws much like Ryan.

I actually expect a grind it out physical running game which is pretty low scoring. Turnovers will be the key for us as it has been all year.

i believe special teams will play a role as well......we have the #1 kick returner in the league with ted ginn jr......that could be a deciding factor, whether or not he breaks a TD i dont know....but he could set us up with good field postion a few times. and give us a short field....which is beneficial in a smash mouth type game

Hopefully I don't work late,I want to go to this game!Both teams are in the same boat(4-5),the winner has a better chance of making the playoffs.This game will not be easy for the Panthers,their run D still needs a lot of work,Turner ran all over us b4 he got hurt!Here's to a good game,the weather looks alright,sweater weather!How many of you Phin fans are traveling up from southern FL?BTW,when the Dolphins,my AFC team,aren't playing the Panthers,I root for them,cheers!

I'll be there. My only game this season since I moved last spring :( looking forward to it, got some friends meeting me there, should be a blast. I have a feeling it's going to be like the Carolina/Chicago game last year...

I'm also going to the State UNC game. The way State is playing, the Panthers have a much better chance in winning theirs.

Hey guys i love it here, you all have been great to me.....the minute i moved up here i joined here to get to know some panther fans (my nfc team)

i post full-time at www.thephins.com

we have a family atmosphere over there, great people....and a close-knit group. we talk some good football there....i invited them over here, and id like to invite you guys there for some football talk if you'd like.

hope to see you there....

iam "SICK" @ thephins....they sponser my radio show....introduce yourself, and tell em' i sent ya!!!

goodluck thursday night, ill be there and at Bo's tailgate!!!!

You have a radio show? That sounds sweet

You have a radio show? That sounds sweet

yea it started out as the rinky-dink BS show....now i have sound bites....and actually landed 1996 miami dolphins 1st round draft pick Daryl Gardener on the show last night after our win.....pretty proud of getting him on my show....we text often now.

the shows are archived.....

www.blogtalkradio.com/thephinsradio

its fun....and i do it from my living room from my laptop. thephins.com sponsers me, and sent me some sweet equipment.

i worked radio in miami, producing shows down there...came up here and havent found the success applying to radio stations in charlotte (not as many sports stations), so i work at a bank now....with a broadcasting degree, so i do a weekend internet show to stay sane....haha

Archived