• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who's gone??

WOW!!

If they bring in Oubre and Lauri markkanen.. Who is on the trading block??

PJ, Miles, Hayward, McDaniels...

With the addition the  3/4 spot is loaded with not alot of minutes to go around... 

The Martin's are most certainly gone for the money alone they need to be gone to make these other deals work.... Who else

Technically they can use Graham’s deal to complete a sign and trade for Markkanen as part of a three team trade. We could maybe even ship the Martin twins and Nick Richards out as part of the package.

G - Ball, Smith

G - Rozier, Bouknight

F - Hayward, Oubre, McDaniels

F - Markkanen, Bridges, Thor

C - Plumlee, Washington, Jones, Carey

Kulboka and Lewis in the G-League.

That’s still a log jam at the 4/5 and at that point packaging Plumlee and Washington for a rim protector like Turner would be in the best interest of the team. This would also open up room for LiAngelo Ball to make the roster.

so then you move to:

G: Ball, Smith

G: Rozier, Bouknight, Ball

F: Hayward, Oubre, McDaniels

F: Markkanen, Bridges, Thor

C: Turner, Jones, Carey

Kulboka and Lewis as two-ways

Will this happen… hell no. But the thought is fun.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

I think a positive way to look at this is no matter what scenario happens, our team is going to be DEEP next year. Great depth coming off the bench is always a positive, and I think it’s really going to benefit us come playoff time. 

• Pie 1

I think that the Oubre deal leaves Markkanen out in the cold.. we will probably waive 1 or Both Martin twins to make room on the roster but I don't think there is a trade brewing to net us Markkanen..

PG: Ball - Smith
SG: Rozier - Bouknight
SF: Hayward - Oubre
PF: Miles - PJ - McD
C- Plumlee - Kai

Reserves: Vernon Jr., Richards, Thor will all probably see G-league time.

The versatility we have on the wings is solid now. There's really only 3 players that are locks at there position; meaning everyone else can play multiple positions. Oubre can play 2-4, Miles 3-4, PJ 4-5, McD 3-4, Kai 4-5.. this roster is night and day from last year with Zeller and Biz being almost UNplayable in certain games.. i'm liking what i'm seeing

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

I think that the Oubre deal leaves Markkanen out in the cold.. we will probably waive 1 or Both Martin twins to make room on the roster but I don't think there is a trade brewing to net us Markkanen..

PG: Ball - Smith
SG: Rozier - Bouknight
SF: Hayward - Oubre
PF: Miles - PJ - McD
C- Plumlee - Kai

Reserves: Vernon Jr., Richards, Thor will all probably see G-league time.

The versatility we have on the wings is solid now. There's really only 3 players that are locks at there position; meaning everyone else can play multiple positions. Oubre can play 2-4, Miles 3-4, PJ 4-5, McD 3-4, Kai 4-5.. this roster is night and day from last year with Zeller and Biz being almost UNplayable in certain games.. i'm liking what i'm seeing

For the first time in how many years we can say we ACTUALLY have a 2nd unit - Smith-Bouknight-Oubre-PJ/Miles-Kai.  If this team doesn't make a run it will not be because ownership didn't make some great moves to build a solid roster.  First time, at least in a looooong time, I can remember ever making this kind of long term play to build around a guy to become legit....I'm loving this.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

For the first time in how many years we can say we ACTUALLY have a 2nd unit - Smith-Bouknight-Oubre-PJ/Miles-Kai.  If this team doesn't make a run it will not be because ownership didn't make some great moves to build a solid roster.  First time, at least in a looooong time, I can remember ever making this kind of long term play to build around a guy to become legit....I'm loving this.

an older regime would have drafted Sengun or Kai at #11, still probably have gone after Richaun Holmes and missed - then give Drummond $20m for 5 years and sunk our chances at retaining our young guys..

In Mitch I Trust

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

an older regime would have drafted Sengun or Kai at #11, still probably have gone after Richaun Holmes and missed - then give Drummond $20m for 5 years and sunk our chances at retaining our young guys..

In Mitch I Trust

So far I am sold on the upgrade in leadership - bad draft scouting and lottery luck have sunk this franchise for decades.  If these picks look good it will be more than just luck.