• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Free Panthers/Dolphins Tailgate Thread

mush

Miami comes to town for a Thursday night primetime matchup. The Huddle has your FREE to everyone tailgate starting 5 hrs. before kickoff to get you started. Nobody else in town offers this and it's a no brainer way to get your fill of food and good times before the game. Tailgating can be expensive, and this opportunity allows you to eat great food much cheaper than trying to do it yourself.

How do we do this? We line up sponsors who donate their time and money to provide you all with free food. When you come through the line to eat and drink, you donate as much as you can in the bucket. At the end of the year we take all the money and buy brand new bikes and give them to the Marine Corps Reserve toy drive outside the stadium, this year on Dec. 20th. 100% of the money donated goes to this cause, no overhead. To date we have raised over $15,000 and given over 500 new bikes to the Panthers Marine Corps Reserve Toy Drive at the stadium.

The tailgate this week is sponsored by Bo in Monroe. Please thank him for doing this if you see him this Thursday. Without sponsors we cannot provide the food for free. There are still sponsorship opportunities available for the last 3 home games of the season please PM me if interested.

The food this week will be prepared by Alex Ranucci of Ranucci's Big Butt BBQ (www.ranuccis.com). Alex is competing this May in the BBQ nationals in Memphis and we are thankful for every day he spends cooking for us. The menu this week will include shrimp scampi, BBQ ribs, chicken on the bone, salad, and flank steak crostini among other dishes.

Here's the rest of the details:

1. Where? Our Free Huddle Tailgate is at a parking lot that borders Church St, Poplar, and 3rd St. downtown. The lot is right across the street from Picassos's downtown. Specifically in that lot our tailgate is closest to the corner of Poplar and 3rd. right on the sidewalk. We have 3 tents and lots of Carolinahuddle.com banners to help you locate us. We are RIGHT beside the lower entrance to this lot.

2. When? This week we will start at 3pm. The food will not be ready until after 6 pm though.

3. What will be there? Lots. We have plenty of tents for cover from sun or rain. We provide for free all the food and the following drinks: Coke, diet coke, root beer and waters. There will also be plenty of music and good people.

4. How much? If you park in that lot it's $30. You DO NOT HAVE TO PARK THERE TO PARTY WITH US! There are many lots a few blocks back that are MUCH cheaper, even down to $5. Take advantage of that or take the train into town for a few bucks. To tailgate please donate as much as you can til it hurts. Please be generous and consider how convenient our tailgate makes things for you and how much you save vs. going into the game and buying all this or trying to do it yourself.

5. Who is there? Most of the people there are people on this website and their friends and family. All of us were new at one time or another. Please don't be shy if you've never been here before. We make friends easily. We give our food and non-alcoholic drinks away for free to ALL, even opposing fans are welcome.

6. Is this tailgate kid friendly? We do not police adult behavior before football games. We do not take responsibility for what kids may see or hear during the tailgate. Generally most adults mind their manners around them, but you never know what they may be exposed to during their time there so use your own judgment.

Most important please bring your own drinks if you want alcohol. The Official Huddle Tailgate does not in any fashion provide alcohol as part of its tailgate. We do not accept responsibility for anyone's actions as a result of what they consume at a tailgate.

I hope a bunch of you make it out for this tailgate. I agree with mush that the drinks need to come with you but there will be a lot of jello shots for you all if you ask nice.:)

Thanks Bo.

I will be there. I think your grape shots yesterday were the best so far! Setting the bar high for Thurs. :smile5:

I hope a bunch of you make it out for this tailgate. I agree with mush that the drinks need to come with you but there will be a lot of jello shots for you all if you ask nice.:)

You da man Bo.....I'm bringing some guys that I work with to this one....their first Panther tailgate and sadly one of 'em is a Dolphin fan but he is our DD so I'll cut him some slack....I was bragging about your shooters and they would love to 'sample' a few.

:party:

Archived