• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule after 1st Joint Practice with the Colts

SBBlue

"I thought we got better as it went on really not real happy with our receivers today not a lot of discipline in terms of route running wrong depths a lot of wrong with missed assignments today and so put a lot of pressure on our quarterbacks to have to adjust "

"Paradis was out today Cam got some rest ... but for having some young guys have to go in there I thought we protected pretty well"

"I thought Sam was he was the least of our problems. (he) was good "

How live is the line play?
"Far as the line it's not live. I mean we're not cutting they're not tackling so it's a it's a controlled.  Like you're trying to not be on the ground so you're trying to play as fast as possible but not be on the ground "

"On the offensive line some of those down the line guys did a really nice job with some things today."

"They're an 11-5 team I mean they their playoff team last year. So that's one of the reasons why we came here was to see how far away are we from them "

" I think we protect the quarterback pretty well except for a couple pressures and some play actions which are when they pressure into play action you just gotta get rid of the ball.   So I was  frustrated about some things today and I didn't really notice that as being something that really bothered me."

"I thought early on on offense we were really sort of kind of hesitant I thought guys like Christian got really upset about that and they brought the group along but it has to be way better "

"Tomorrow will be a great day for us to learn from this tape and come back tomorrow."

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

We needed this.   They're watching tape now and seeing how we can get better against a good team.

C'mon now stop being positive. You need to bitch and complain about how bad we were. Everything Rhule said was coach-speak just to shine the turd. Everyone knows that players don't get better over time.  

• Pie 7
  • Poo 1

Just now, panthers55 said:

C'mon now stop being positive. You need to bitch and complain about how bad we were. Everything Rhule said was coach-speak just to shine the turd. Everyone knows that players don't get better over time.  

/sarcasm

😉 

What worries me is that the passing game i sway off. The WRs are not running the routes correctly per Rhule, and we're hearing through the grapevine that the o-line is not protection well. We can't start the season this way and hope to make the playoffs imo. We have to come out hot.

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

What worries me is that the passing game i sway off. The WRs are not running the routes correctly per Rhule, and we're hearing through the grapevine that the o-line is not protection well. We can't start the season this way and hope to make the playoffs imo. We have to come out hot.

I agree, which is exactly why we are doing this.  If we can compete with this 11-5 playoff team, we will be in really good shape.  We are watching tape and learning now, and I guarantee you the O won't come in slow tomorrow.  

3 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I agree, which is exactly why we are doing this.  If we can compete with this 11-5 playoff team, we will be in really good shape.  We are watching tape and learning now, and I guarantee you the O won't come in slow tomorrow.  

I wonder which receivers were running the wrong depth. I don't think it would be DJ or Robby, but who knows.

9 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Go to 1:53 of the video above. Sooooo...

Oh good catch.  

So they're talking about how it's live and the question was, how can you evaluate o and d line when it isn't live... and he says it is what it is.

Your post implied he was referring to our performance, not that its hard to gauge the oline/dline when we are restricted from live hits.  It is what it is dude.  League rules.  What did you want him to say there?

Edited by SBBlue

3 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Oh good catch.  

So they're talking about how it's live and the question was, how can you evaluate o and d line when it isn't live... and he says it is what it is.

Your post implied he was referring to our performance, not that its hard to gauge the oline/dline when we are restricted from live hits.  It is what it is dude.  League rules.  What did you want him to say there?

Sheesh. 

I was just kidding around about him saying that. I don't think he's morphing into John Fox or anything. I was not making a serious criticism.

• Beer 1

I'm more concerned about the defense honestly.  Although not scoring at least one TD us concerning.   

I have to remind myself that it's a work in progress and it's just practice.  The test come when the game counts, then we will see if they've learned anything. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1