• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

53 Man Roster Projection After Preseason Game One

Seltzer

Here's my best based off camp reports, depth chart release, and the game today.  Think we could definitely still be looking to upgrade at offensive line, particularly Tackle, Linebacker, and perhaps Kicker.  How does it look?

QB (2)

• Sam Darnold
  • PJ Walker

RB (3)

• Christian McCaffrey
  • Reggie Bonnafon
  • Chuba Hubbard

TE (3)

• Dan Arnold
  • Tommy Tremble
  • Ian Thomas

WR (7)

• Robby Anderson
  • DJ Moore
  • Terrace Marshall
  • David Moore
  • Brandon Zylstra
  • Shi Smith
  • Trenton Cannon

Offensive Line (10)

• Taylor Moton
  • Matt Paradis
  • John Miller
  • Cam Erving
  • Pat Elflein
  • Dennis Daley
  • Deonte Brown
  • Sam Tecklenburg/ TBD
  • Brady Christensen
  • Trent Scott/ TBD

Defensive Line (10)

• Brian Burns
  • Derrick Brown
  • DaQuan Jones
  • Yetur Gross-Matos
  • Marquis Haynes
  • Brayion Roy
  • Daviyon Nixon
  • Morgan Fox
  • Christian Miller
  • Hassan Reddick

LB (6)

• Frankie Luvu
  • Shaq Thompson
  • Jermaine Carter
  • Denzel Perryman
  • Julian Stanford/ TBD
  • Josh Bynes/ TBD

ST(3)

• Joe Charlton
  • Joey Slye/ TBD
  • Thomas Fletcher

S (4)

• Jeremy Chinn
  • Juston Burris
  • Sam Franklin
  • Sean Chandler/ Kenny Robinson

CB (5)

• Jaycee Horn
  • Donte Jackson
  • AJ Bouye
  • Keith Taylor
  • Stanley Thomas-Oliver/ Rashaan Melvin 
    • Both guys might make initial roster until after week 2 b/c of Bouye's suspension

• Pie 4

4 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Im guessing Troy Pride gets IR'd 

For sure... he was in danger on not making the team, so although I hate it for him having to deal with the injury and rehab, it will allow him to heal and come back next year

4 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

That LB corps is disgusting and not in a good way.

No doubt... they didn't look egregiously bad today, but they didn't look great either.  We have been spoiled with great LB for most of team history. 

My hope is just that they can do their part in what is hopefully a dangerous defensive line and much improved secondary.  And be better than last year, when like Smitty said, having Whitehead out there was no better than having 10 men on defense.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Seltzer said:

No doubt... they didn't look egregiously bad today, but they didn't look great either.  We have been spoiled with great LB for most of team history. 

My hope is just that they can do their part in what is hopefully a dangerous defensive line and much improved secondary.  And be better than last year, when like Smitty said, having Whitehead out there was no better than having 10 men on defense.

That Patty Fisher made some Luke like reads out there if I recall...long shot but hey maybe a hidden gem

9 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Rhule seems to LOVE Myles Hartsfield. I feel like he makes it somewhere s/cb hybrid.

You would think, but he was near the end of the rotation today and for all of camp as best I can tell.  He was a nice story last year, especially for his versatility, it seems like he is on the outside looking in unless something changes.

Maybe he makes the initial roster while Bouye is suspended since he can play nickle over STO or Taylor.

3 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

That Patty Fisher made some Luke like reads out there if I recall...long shot but hey maybe a hidden gem

His reads looked good but that's where the comparisons end unless you're looking for Luke that runs like he has a piano on his back...

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

I’m sure we try make a move for another veteran LT 

Have to IMO... this offense has the firepower to light up the scoreboard... got to do something b/c Erving has never been able to stay healthy, and Trent Scott and Greg Little look awful.  

Unless the plan really is to move Moton to LT, it has to be done.

1 minute ago, Seltzer said:

You would think, but he was near the end of the rotation today and for all of camp as best I can tell.  He was a nice story last year, especially for his versatility, it seems like he is on the outside looking in unless something changes.

Maybe he makes the initial roster while Bouye is suspended since he can play nickle over STO or Taylor.

Did he play today? I thought he was hurt. If he did you may be right. Not a good sign. Also, he was low on the depth chart. Maybe Chandler has taken his spot. And we know Rhule is going to go with his former players.