• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Grier or PJ

20 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You're reaching by going back. Their more recent performances are way more relevant than previous ones.

And again, that "helps in practice" argument is still one of the stupidest things I've seen. You don't take up a roster spot for something as dumb as that.

So it's reaching to discus their actual play in the NFL.  lol. 

Only 2021 preseason first half play (recent performance only)...

PJ lead offense - 15 points (plus missed FG)

Grier lead offense - 3 points (plus missed FG). 

PJ longest drive - 91 yards

Grier longest drive - 53 yards

PJ second longest drive - 81 yards

Grier second longest drive 47 yards

So I would say the Panther O moved the ball better and was more productive in the first half with PJ over Grier.   Which echos what also happened in the actual NFL games when they saw the field. 

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

So it's reaching to discus their actual play in the NFL.  lol.  Ok....

So I would say the Panther O moved the ball better and was more productive in the first half with PJ over Grier.   Which echos what also happened in the actual NFL games when they saw the field. 

Pj  sucks Grier might not be the answer but pj ain't it either

• Flames 1

39 minutes ago, CRA said:

In Will Grier’s one NFL start he took 5 sacks….and had a worse completion % than PJ did in his one start.  He also had less yards, more INTs, less TDs, etc. 

Will Grier and PJ both aren't very good QBs.  So yeah, I'll take the mobile QB given what our OL looks like.   And again, PJ would be more useful prepping with our D before we play all the mobile QBs on the schedule.   

I don’t really think either are great and neither are starting qbs but to called Grier on that game is terrible. Panthers threw him out to fail big time in that game, we all knew that was going to be bad. We definitely had no oline then and I would have to disagree with you 100%. Also this offense isn’t made for a mobile QB I think that was one reason Cam was let go. I’m not saying this because I like Grier but he is better for this offense than PJ. But either way we going too 5 pick if Darnold is hurt or sucks.

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

I see you don't like to mention things like passing stats and QB rating.

PJ is a big play guy, which is fine when he gets lucky. But if we learned anything by watching Drew Brees, it's that consistency wins way more games than big plays 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

U can thank Chuba and Marshall for those long drives by the way lol

1 minute ago, BurnNChinn said:

I don’t really think either are great and neither are starting qbs but to called Grier on that game is terrible. Panthers threw him out to fail big time in that game, we all knew that was going to be bad. We definitely had no oline then and I would have to disagree with you 100%. Also this offense isn’t made for a mobile QB I think that was one reason Cam was let go. I’m not saying this because I like Grier but he is better for this offense than PJ. But either way we going too 5 pick if Darnold is hurt or sucks.

I think they both suck, for the record. 

and just for the record, Joe Burrow had 115 rushing attempts when LSU set the world on fire in Brady's offense that year. 

and if Grier is better for this offense.....why has it moved better and had more production in the preseason with PJ? 

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think they both suck, for the record. 

and just for the record, Joe Burrow had 115 rushing attempts when LSU set the world on fire in Brady's offense that year. 

and if Grier is better for this offense.....why has it moved better and had more production in the preseason with PJ? 

Your talking about one quarter in the colts game mainly.  He literally did nothing against Ravens, 1 for 8 like I’m talking just terrible. Grier hasn’t been that bad. Also Shi Smith was killing his defenders and PJ couldn’t get it to him, he looked really bad. He had a total of 12 yds rushing and passing combined. I mean I don’t see how u could really take up for him. Then in two games last year he had 1 td and 5 ints. Can’t really make a good case for him.

29 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I see you don't like to mention things like passing stats and QB rating.

PJ is a big play guy, which is fine when he gets lucky. But if we learned anything by watching Drew Brees, it's that consistency wins way more games than big plays 

I see you keep deeming everything irrelevant when it points to PJ. 

So in actual NFL games, the team has managed better with PJ.  Irrelevant.  In the recent preseason play, the offense has performed better with PJ.  Also, irrelevant. 

I'd rather the team move the ball better and score vs having a guy who you can brag about pulling off a slightly better completion percentage.   Name of the game is points and production.  Maybe we should just find an even shittier version of Teddy Bridgewater to replace both PJ and Grier then.  He would have a better completion % than these two.  

15 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Your talking about one quarter in the colts game mainly.  He literally did nothing against Ravens, 1 for 8 like I’m talking just terrible. Grier hasn’t been that bad. Also Shi Smith was killing his defenders and PJ couldn’t get it to him, he looked really bad. He had a total of 12 yds rushing and passing combined. I mean I don’t see how u could really take up for him. Then in two games last year he had 1 td and 5 ints. Can’t really make a good case for him.

I was comparing first half performances.   It is the only fair comparison to make.  And I am only talking about that because Mr Scott deemed everything else reaching. 

Make a good case for Will Grier then.  The case for Will Grier seems to be ignoring how bad he also is....and just talking about how bad PJ is.  Which he is.  But that isn't actually making a case for Will Grier. 

and we all deep down know why the PJ/Grier topic is the probably the hottest debate of this offseason.....it's about what is in front of them.   

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Like the Saints game?

You told me I couldn't talk about those games.  You called it reaching to go back that far.  So I steered the conversation to the criteria you selected.  Is it now relevant again? 

and again, shitting on PJ isn't actually making case for Will Grier.   It's just shitting on PJ.  Which is easy to do.  

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

You told me I couldn't talk about those games.  You called it reaching to go back that far.  So I steered the conversation to the criteria you selected.  Is it now relevant again? 

and again, shitting on PJ isn't actually making case for Will Grier.   It's just shitting on PJ.  Which is easy to do.  

You wanted to talk about actual games.

How come you don't want to talk about that one?

54 minutes ago, CRA said:

I was comparing first half performances.   It is the only fair comparison to make.  And I am only talking about that because Mr Scott deemed everything else reaching. 

Make a good case for Will Grier then.  The case for Will Grier seems to be ignoring how bad he also is....and just talking about how bad PJ is.  Which he is.  But that isn't actually making a case for Will Grier. 

and we all deep down know why the PJ/Grier topic is the probably the hottest debate of this offseason.....it's about what is in front of them.   

Just they're way of knocking PJ down, after cuts, hopefully we're only carrying two QBs, then it's one down 1 to go...

1 hour ago, BurnNChinn said:

U can thank Chuba and Marshall for those long drives by the way lol

I'm sure Will does...

1 hour ago, BurnNChinn said:

Ha! Because your recent starters wasn't deem mobile...teddy actually was supposed to be, and they keep talking about Darnold's athleticism...oh and the new GM loves that style of play....

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Because that game was over when PJ stepped on the field, the WRs have up on routes, it was the last game, so everyone was just trying to save face n go home, but PJ was trying too hard because he has that fight in him no matter what, but once again he didnt start that one...so let's just stick to started games then...or shall we say this preseason...I mean Darnold is getting the clean slate treatment...

1 hour ago, CRA said:

So it's reaching to discus their actual play in the NFL.  lol. 

giphy (10).gif

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Let's talk about it.  Which Saints game did you want to talk about though?

The one where PJ came in late and was horrible in a comeback attempt?  

Or the Saints game where Will Grier came in late and had an even worse completion % and QBR than PJ did in his.