• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers and WR Robby Anderson have agreed to a 2-year, $29.5 million extension, per source.

SgtJoo

18 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Really? Where did you “read” that. Who was the source? What’s there track record. It doesn’t matter what year it comes off, if he plays those two seasons, it’s 29.5M. 

Now, since this has been available since yesterday, here is what actually happened. Not some guess. The Panthers took cap space from this year and kicked it along with the 29.5M to the next two years. For a 3 year total of 41.5M. As I’ve said from the beginning. 

Current Contract

(Extension, signed 2021)

Year Cap
Number
Dead Money & Cap Savings
Cut (pre-June 1)Cut (post-June 1)Trade (pre-June 1)Trade (post-June 1)RestructureExtension 
Total $41,500,000
2021 $8,826,666
$24,500,000
($15,673,334)
2022 $16,836,666
$15,673,334
$1,163,332
2023 $15,836,668
$3,836,668
$12,000,000

And OTC has a detailed breakdown of all of it. 

https://overthecap.com/robby-anderson-extension-creates-3-2m-in-cap-space/

Who wrote that other article? How did they have specific(and very wrong numbers) as soon as it was announced? No one will even claim the lie. But people’s eat up whatever they want to believe. 

"Per a league source, the Panthers added $4 million to his earnings for this season. Anderson will average $12.5 million over the next three years, tied for 20th most among wide receivers."

That's from Charlotte Observer.

The $29M includes this year's salary addition.  He isn't getting paid $15M a year.  In your over the cap article they even point out that, consistent with my link, he'll be getting about $13M in 2022 barring anything insane:

"In 2022 Anderson will have a $10 million salary of which $8 million is fully guaranteed. In addition there is a $2.8 million roster bonus. "

$10M+$2.8M != 15M 🙂

edit: his cap hit is irrelevant to his ask and compensation.  He's not getting *paid* $15M a year as far as we know right now.  I've seen no link that lists his year by year breakdown as anything close to that.

Edited by mav1234

@ToomersI think the difference is if articles are including potential bonuses in the total compensation or just his salary.  It's possible in that way both are right, although I've not seen it listed what his bonuses actually are anywhere to know if they are hard or easy to hit... $9M+ is tied up in them, since everything agrees the guaranteed money appears to only be $20M.

16 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

"Per a league source, the Panthers added $4 million to his earnings for this season. Anderson will average $12.5 million over the next three years, tied for 20th most among wide receivers."

That's from Charlotte Observer.

The $29M includes this year's salary addition.  He isn't getting paid $15M a year.  In your over the cap article they even point out that, consistent with my link, he'll be getting about $13M in 2022 barring anything insane:

"In 2022 Anderson will have a $10 million salary of which $8 million is fully guaranteed. In addition there is a $2.8 million roster bonus. "

$10M+$2.8M != 15M 🙂

Dear God…..the details(real ones) are posted above. With a detailed description of all of it. And none of it adds up to 3/37M fairy tale. Minds from a respected site. Yours is from a hometown newspaper without a source. Or a credible one at least. 
10M +2.8M+3.8M(prorated bonus) equals 16.8M. Which is the exact number of his cap hit in 2022. As shown below. 

Current Contract

(Extension, signed 2021)
 (📝: indicates contract trigger occuring during that year)

Year Age Base Salary Prorated Bonus Roster Bonus Workout Bonus   Guaranteed Salary   Cap
Number
Cap %  
Dead Money & Cap Savings
Cut (pre-June 1)Cut (post-June 1)Trade (pre-June 1)Trade (post-June 1)RestructureExtension 
Total   $19,790,000 $15,510,000 $5,800,000 $400,000   $8,990,000   $41,500,000  
2021 28 $990,000 $7,836,666 $0 $0   $990,000   $8,826,666 4.8%  
$24,500,000
($15,673,334)
2022 29 $10,000,000 $3,836,666 $2,800,000 $200,000   $8,000,000   $16,836,666 8.1%  
$15,673,334
$1,163,332
2023 30 $8,800,000 $3,836,668 $3,000,000 $200,000   $0   $15,836,668 7.0%  
$3,836,668
$12,000,000

Edited by Toomers

3 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

@ToomersI think the difference is if articles are including potential bonuses in the total compensation or just his salary.  It's possible in that way both are right, although I've not seen it listed what his bonuses actually are anywhere to know if they are hard or easy to hit... $9M+ is tied up in them, since everything agrees the guaranteed money appears to only be $20M.

They are not both right? One is a source. One is/was a guess? Believe what makes you happy. I’ve shown more than enough to prove my point. I know when I check salaries, I always go to a TV station website with nameless articles instead of the top resource in the field. 

18 minutes ago, Toomers said:

They are not both right? One is a source. One is/was a guess? Believe what makes you happy. I’ve shown more than enough to prove my point. I know when I check salaries, I always go to a TV station website with nameless articles instead of the top resource in the field. 

Man dude, you're awfully aggressive.

OTC confirms his cash paid per year is 12.5M in 2021, 13M in 2022, and 12M in 2023.  I suppose the discrepancy is in incentives, no?

edit: well and the way we're spreading the hit out over the cap, but you're talking about compensation vs cap hit I'm assuming.

Edited by mav1234

12 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Man dude, you're awfully aggressive.

OTC confirms his cash paid per year is 12.5M in 2021, 13M in 2022, and 12M in 2023.  I suppose the discrepancy is in incentives, no?

And this is why I get frustrated with these conversations. Everything I posted is from OTC. So tell me how/where those numbers are posted anywhere on their site? People make up their own versions, like you are, and disregard all facts. Post me that link to OTC and we can go from there. Because the one I use has this…..  And cash per year means nothing. Gano counts 1.5M on this years cap. He hasn’t kicked for Panthers in 3 years. 

In 2022 Anderson will have a $10 million salary of which $8 million is fully guaranteed. In addition there is a $2.8 million roster bonus. Given the large $8 million guarantee that other $4.8 million in non-guaranteed compensation is virtually guaranteed unless Anderson was to completely fall apart this year. His cap number in 2022 will be $16.8 million and the cost to cut $15.6 million, basically making the June 1 the option if things went way south.

Nothing is guaranteed in 2023 and Anderson will carry a $15.8 million cap charge that year.

Edited by Toomers

Just now, Toomers said:

And this is why I get frustrated with these conversations. Everything I posted is from OTC. So tell me how/where those numbers are posted anywhere on their site? People make up their own versions, like you are, and disregard all facts. Post me that link to OTC and we can go from there. Because the one I use has this…..

In 2022 Anderson will have a $10 million salary of which $8 million is fully guaranteed. In addition there is a $2.8 million roster bonus. Given the large $8 million guarantee that other $4.8 million in non-guaranteed compensation is virtually guaranteed unless Anderson was to completely fall apart this year. His cap number in 2022 will be $16.8 million and the cost to cut $15.6 million, basically making the June 1 the option if things went way south.

Nothing is guaranteed in 2023 and Anderson will carry a $15.8 million cap charge that year.

Year Team Base Salary Prorated Bonus Roster Bonus Workout Bonus   Guaranteed Salary   Cap
Number
Cap % Cash Paid

2021 Panthers $990,000 $7,836,666 $0 $0   $990,000   $8,826,666 4.8% $12,500,000
2022 Panthers $10,000,000 $3,836,666 $2,800,000 $200,000   $8,000,000   $16,836,666 8.1% $13,000,000
2023 Panthers $8,800,000 $3,836,668 $3,000,000 $200,000   $0   $15,836,668 7.0% $12,000,000

This is a table from OTC, https://overthecap.com/player/robby-anderson/5208/ . The Cash Paid is where the numbers everyone is quoting comes from, from the Charlotte Observer to the Athletic to people on this fuging forum.

Stop saying I'm - or other people are - making poo up, dude. Seriously. Here's reality: NFL contracts are weird and complicated as poo.  Some of may be working on old info. Or maybe you are.  Not everyone that may not be reading things the same way as you - maybe even not correctly - is just making poo up.

We coulda had a conversation about contract numbers, cash paid vs cap hit, bonuses, and instead you come in here beating your chest without paying poo all attention to anything.  Maybe you know more than me about this poo, or maybe you're just an internet asshole, but we're probably never gonna know.

3 minutes ago, mav1234 said:
Year Team Base Salary Prorated Bonus Roster Bonus Workout Bonus   Guaranteed Salary   Cap
Number
Cap % Cash Paid

2021 Panthers $990,000 $7,836,666 $0 $0   $990,000   $8,826,666 4.8% $12,500,000
2022 Panthers $10,000,000 $3,836,666 $2,800,000 $200,000   $8,000,000   $16,836,666 8.1% $13,000,000
2023 Panthers $8,800,000 $3,836,668 $3,000,000 $200,000   $0   $15,836,668 7.0% $12,000,000

This is a table from OTC, https://overthecap.com/player/robby-anderson/5208/ . The Cash Paid is where the numbers everyone is quoting comes from, from the Charlotte Observer to the Athletic to people on this fuging forum.

Stop saying I'm - or other people are - making poo up, dude. Seriously. Here's reality: NFL contracts are weird and complicated as poo.  Some of may be working on old info. Or maybe you are.  Not everyone that may not be reading things the same way as you - maybe even not correctly - is just making poo up.

We coulda had a conversation about contract numbers, cash paid vs cap hit, bonuses, and instead you come in here beating your chest without paying poo all attention to anything.  Maybe you know more than me about this poo, or maybe you're just an internet asshole, but we're probably never gonna know.

That’s because cash paid isn’t a relevant number. And shows exactly how much you understand any of this. It’s about cap space. And when it hits. And how did the Observer quote numbers for him on Tuesday when they had no new information posted until Friday on OTC? Why doesn’t the guy who wrote the accurate article never bring it up? 

What’s to discuss. The numbers are there and everything you have said is irrelevant or plain wrong. Sorry if you don’t like me understanding what you don’t. You called me out. Every word I’ve said in this entire thread has been correct. I guess I should have just said you were right because you said so. The only accurate thing you posted was that I know way more about this than you do. 

13 minutes ago, Toomers said:

That’s because cash paid isn’t a relevant number. And shows exactly how much you understand any of this. It’s about cap space. And when it hits. And how did the Observer quote numbers for him on Tuesday when they had no new information posted until Friday on OTC? Why doesn’t the guy who wrote the accurate article never bring it up? 

What’s to discuss. The numbers are there and everything you have said is irrelevant or plain wrong. Sorry if you don’t like me understanding what you don’t. You called me out. Every word I’ve said in this entire thread has been correct. I guess I should have just said you were right because you said so. The only accurate thing you posted was that I know way more about this than you do. 

edit2: nevermind, not worth it

Edited by mav1234
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

So how much is Robby going to make in 2022, and how did you come to that conclusion?

edit: lol the reason the Observer et al quoted those numbers is because they were circulating by 'sources' the day the deal was signed.

10M(base salary) and 2.8M roster bonus. But as I already told you, and it’s on all these graphs, his cap hit(what matters) includes 3.8M from his restructure done on this year to lower his cap hit from 12M to 8..8M. So it’s a 16.6M cap hit. 

And what sources? Why have the words cash paid never been mentioned by anyone, anywhere until you did? But class is over. I’m just repeating things that a third grade math student should understand. 

15 minutes ago, Toomers said:

10M(base salary) and 2.8M roster bonus. But as I already told you, and it’s on all these graphs, his cap hit(what matters) includes 3.8M from his restructure done on this year to lower his cap hit from 12M to 8..8M. So it’s a 16.6M cap hit. 

And what sources? Why have the words cash paid never been mentioned by anyone, anywhere until you did? But class is over. I’m just repeating things that a third grade math student should understand. 

Right right, but it would be a little ridiculous to talk about average salary ignoring a year of the contract, yah?  So since this contract includes 2021, shouldn't we include that if we're talking about how much the player is making per year?  That's what gets back to if this is $14.75M/year or not... The reality is it isn't that simple. 

The cash paid numbers match the reported numbers across multiple sources *exactly* and you actually think it's something that a bunch of reporters and posters just made up?  Whomever was circulating it did it for a reason.  Turns out it isn't the full story, which is fine, and I appreciate you pointing that out. 

Edited by mav1234

44 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Right right, but it would be a little ridiculous to talk about average salary ignoring a year of the contract, yah?  So since this contract includes 2021, shouldn't we include that if we're talking about how much the player is making per year?  That's what gets back to if this is $14.75M/year or not... The reality is it isn't that simple. 

The cash paid numbers match the reported numbers across multiple sources *exactly* and you actually think it's something that a bunch of reporters and posters just made up?  Whomever was circulating it did it for a reason.  Turns out it isn't the full story, which is fine, and I appreciate you pointing that out. 

Whose ignoring it? I’m the one talking about all of it and you are ignoring that his cap hit(again what matters) is now 8.8M instead of 12M. This is a restructure. The 12M that was there, and the 29.5M in new money for the two years extension. I didn’t restructure it, the team did. They changed the 2021 cap hit. And stuck more money on 2022-23. Which is why those numbers are bigger than 29.5M. It really is this simple. 

Find me any article that mentions the words “cash paid”. Where is this written? This is that make believe I was talking about. Nobody’s gives a crap about when players get their money. It’s cap hit and guaranteed/dead money that the team cares about. You can dance around it all you want but I posted facts and they came to pass. You, meanwhile, keep trying to circle around the fact that you don’t understand any of this. Or you wouldn’t have to ask the same question over and over about simple grade school math.