• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers and WR Robby Anderson have agreed to a 2-year, $29.5 million extension, per source.

SgtJoo

13 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Whose ignoring it? I’m the one talking about all of it and you are ignoring that his cap hit(again what matters) is now 8.8M instead of 12M. This is a restructure. The 12M that was there, and the 29.5M in new money for the two years extension. I didn’t restructure it, the team did. They changed the 2021 cap hit. And stuck more money on 2022-23. Which is why those numbers are bigger than 29.5M. It really is this simple. 

Find me any article that mentions the words “cash paid”. Where is this written? This is that make believe I was talking about. Nobody’s gives a crap about when players get their money. It’s cap hit and guaranteed/dead money that the team cares about. You can dance around it all you want but I posted facts and they came to pass. You, meanwhile, keep trying to circle around the fact that you don’t understand any of this. Or you wouldn’t have to ask the same question over and over about simple grade school math. 

1) Lol goalpost moving at what the team cares about... That the team cares about his cap hit and not what they pay him when is completely something I agree with.  However, if we're talking about how much the player is actually making across the duration of his remaining time here, it doesn't make much sense to look at only 2 years of his cap hit when it covers 3 years. That is what my point was a bit earlier, why I was calling out the 2022 numbers vs his cap hit, etc. ALL of this started because of an argument of if he is making $14.75M/year over the duration of the contract, lol, and my point has been all along that it isn't a 2 year contract but a 2 year extension.

2) You claimed multiple reporters, me, and other posters made up numbers. I showed you where they originated.  That they weren't described as "cash paid" in the press is irrelevant; they weren't made up, clearly, as the likelihood of a bunch of reporters all having sources telling something that happened to actually be real but was actually fake at the time is nonsensical.  The point is nobody was making poo up and you're just flying off the handle at nothing.  That is the point.

3 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

1) Lol goalpost moving at what the team cares about... That the team cares about his cap hit and not what they pay him when is completely something I agree with.  However, if we're talking about how much the player is actually making across the duration of his remaining time here, it doesn't make much sense to look at only 2 years of his cap hit when it covers 3 years. That is what my point was a bit earlier, why I was calling out the 2022 numbers vs his cap hit, etc. ALL of this started because of an argument of if he is making $14.75M/year over the duration of the contract, lol, and my point has been all along that it isn't a 2 year contract but a 2 year extension.

2) You claimed multiple reporters, me, and other posters made up numbers. I showed you where they originated.  That they weren't described as "cash paid" in the press is irrelevant; they weren't made up, clearly, as the likelihood of a bunch of reporters all having sources telling something that happened to actually be real but was actually fake at the time is nonsensical.  The point is nobody was making poo up and you're just flying off the handle at nothing.  That is the point.

Who moved goalposts besides you and your “cash paid” meaning anything. I’ve said this entire thread it was 3/41.5M. Just like every chart you AND I have posted in the last few pages has proven. Or are your still delusional enough to believe the false reports of 3/37M? Answer this. Robbie plays out his contract without any changes. How much will he count against the cap in 2021-23? And where are all the “cash paid” articles? Why didn’t they mention it at all. 

Actually, most just believed a false report. When shown the truth it was accepted. You were the only one that came up with “cash paid” or “ignoring” BS that no one else even considered. So it was just you for the most part. I’ll stake my reputation with the salary cap on here against you, or anyone else on here, and any person involved with reporting anything about the team. Forget talking. Lets just see which one of us has a resume of success and which one hasn’t got a clue . Name a player. All the proof is on here. 

6 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

That was hilarious, but please carry on.

All the numbers I post constantly, I’ll live with one mistake that meant nothing to the conversation. But if it helps with your insecurities about not knowing what’s actually being discussed, by all means, have at it. It’s sad that it’s the best you could come up with. Is Greg Little still a good pick? 

2 hours ago, Toomers said:

Who moved goalposts besides you and your “cash paid” meaning anything. I’ve said this entire thread it was 3/41.5M. 

What is 3/41.5 and how is it 14.75?  Please tell me how.  Demonstrate your sixth grade math skills to me.

Just a reminder my initial response was to the claim that he got 14.75m/year:

On 8/25/2021 at 7:38 PM, Toomers said:

And he got within 250k/year from it. What’s your point? It’s enough of a science that it eludes you as it has for many years of rants about how “good” any signing was, when most were awful. 

You wanna say we are both wrong? I'm fine admitting that I was going off cash paid amounts and not salary cap, unintentionally. Are you willing to admit you were just wrong and he didn't get within 250k by your own 6th grade math?

Edited by mav1234

Now that over the cap has published some of the structuring of the contract, looks like there's only about $3 million in dead cap if we cut him after next season. So for those still worried about DJ's extension, when it actually comes into play, we have an easy out on Robby's contract with minimal cap hit. I personally don't think it matters regardless because we can structure DJ's extension so more money comes in the latter part of it, but that should at least put to rest the idea thought there's any impact at all on our ability to resign DJ.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Toomers said:

All the numbers I post constantly, I’ll live with one mistake that meant nothing to the conversation. But if it helps with your insecurities about not knowing what’s actually being discussed, by all means, have at it. It’s sad that it’s the best you could come up with. Is Greg Little still a good pick? 

Lol just don’t hurl around the “3rd grade math” insults if you don’t know how to perform basic addition…all I’m saying. The rest of your post is irrelevant floundering. Greg Little? Huh? Talk about meaning nothing to the conservation…nice self-own. Almost as good as your math.

• Pie 1

56 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

What is 3/41.5 and how is it 14.75?  Please tell me how.  Demonstrate your sixth grade math skills to me.

Just a reminder my initial response was to the claim that he got 14.75m/year:

You wanna say we are both wrong? I'm fine admitting that I was going off cash paid amounts and not salary cap, unintentionally. Are you willing to admit you were just wrong and he didn't get within 250k by your own 6th grade math?

Seriously? What is 3/41.5? 

The 12M from his old contract and the 29.5(14.75/yr) from the 2 year extension. Now follow along. My statement of RA wanting 15M had a shot taken at it and I responded with that statement about per year. Never said those would be the any relevant numbers. If I said I missed by 500k on total would that be better? And it doesn’t matter because they will use 41.5M in cap space over the next 3 years on him. There are many charts that prove this. You even posted one. 

And what is 29.5 over 2 years. 14.75M. When CMC signs a 4 year/64M contract, it’s reported by average. Because no one has the exact numbers for days. When I’m wrong, I’ll let you know. It’s not my fault you don’t know what you are doing and still are trying to put this partially on me. Either learn about what you’re talking about, or stay quiet. Show me anything I’ve posted that wasn’t correct(not a typo). And it’s 3rd grade. Not 6th. 

15 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Lol just don’t hurl around the “3rd grade math” insults if you don’t know how to perform basic addition…all I’m saying. The rest of your post is irrelevant floundering. Greg Little? Huh? Talk about meaning nothing to the conservation…nice self-own. Almost as good as your math.

And how many times has me posting false numbers occurred. Couldn’t have been a 50 year old not seeing it and mistaking a 6 for an 8. That would be like you misspelling an outlier to any thought not rah-rah for the team. Anytime you want to test my math skills against yours let’s go. For someone whose place in this conversation is targeted spell checker, with no ability to even discuss any of this. The only thing you ever contribute is complaining someone thinks the team did something wrong. How’s that working out? 

33 minutes ago, Toomers said:

And how many times has me posting false numbers occurred. Couldn’t have been a 50 year old not seeing it and mistaking a 6 for an 8. That would be like you misspelling an outlier to any thought not rah-rah for the team. Anytime you want to test my math skills against yours let’s go. For someone whose place in this conversation is targeted spell checker, with no ability to even discuss any of this. The only thing you ever contribute is complaining someone thinks the team did something wrong. How’s that working out? 

Targeted spell checker? So you flubbing basic addition was more of a typo, got it. I couldn’t have cared less about your embarrassing gaffe if you didn’t come in shortly after with the condescending “3rd grade math” insult. Just hilarious irony in the same vein as someone making a “Your so dumb” insult.

So far you like to complain about me not contributing to this discussion meanwhile you’ve done nothing but flounder and deflect about Greg Little this and rah rah team that. Clearly whatever previous arguments we’ve had are still raging on in your head so you’ll have to refresh my memory on those…cause I only remember you as the guy with a massive boner for Gettleman. How’s that going btw? I imagine it must have gone pretty soft these past few years.

I dunno what it is about the combination of 50 years old + the Carolina Huddle that creates such delicate, fragile little egos here. But damn, you might have the rest of them beat.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Toomers said:

Seriously? What is 3/41.5? 

The 12M from his old contract and the 29.5(14.75/yr) from the 2 year extension. Now follow along. My statement of RA wanting 15M had a shot taken at it and I responded with that statement about per year. Never said those would be the any relevant numbers. If I said I missed by 500k on total would that be better? And it doesn’t matter because they will use 41.5M in cap space over the next 3 years on him. There are many charts that prove this. You even posted one. 

And what is 29.5 over 2 years. 14.75M. When CMC signs a 4 year/64M contract, it’s reported by average. Because no one has the exact numbers for days. When I’m wrong, I’ll let you know. It’s not my fault you don’t know what you are doing and still are trying to put this partially on me. Either learn about what you’re talking about, or stay quiet. Show me anything I’ve posted that wasn’t correct(not a typo). And it’s 3rd grade. Not 6th. 

All of this started because I said you weren't right with Robby getting within  250k of 15M/year.   Now if you'd said you were >1M off I wouldn't have responded... So, either explain with your third grade math how 41.5 over 3 years is within 250k of 15m/year or maybe admit you were wrong.  

I admit the numbers I'd quoted didn't tell the whole story.  I don't mind admitting my mistakes - fug, I post here while drinking.    Of course I'm wrong sometimes lol.  And hell, you don't get where I am in my career by always being right.  You, though, act like a condescending dick while refusing to acknowledge your mistakes. 

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

Honestly, I was probably high with the 6-8 million at this point. Right now he deserves vet min. 

A lot of our current best players make our old best players look even besterer(no not better besterer)

Smitty balled no matter who the QB was.
Cam balled no matter who the whoever was
Luke balled no matter what
Peppers balled until JR called him out then left then balled 

• Pie 1