• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So... Sam Darnold. Are you encouraged or discouraged

Zod

18 hours ago, KillerKat said:

"Darnold needs to start!"

*Darnold starts. Plays well*

"Well, it was against backups!"

The Huddle is full of morons. You guys are clowns.

Right ? We didn’t have mccaffrey there our online looked fine after every time we gashed in the run. Get this team rolling and the o line is not a problem cause of these playmakers . Tough but poo we wanted penei it takes time to sort things out but you have to be excited or your just never going to be . Remember people didn’t start rooting for the panthers until we were legit 13-0

18 hours ago, Dragoon11 said:

All it takes to be a hair better than Teddy, and I'd call it more than a hair, is to score in crunch time. Inside the 20 score TD's, finishing two minute drives and not crapping the bed on EVERY game winning drive... yes, I think that would make him quite a bit better than "can't finish" Teddy.

Exactly, I think teddy is the floor. That was the analysis I felt to be accurate. 

Although he could be alot worse if turnovers become a problem. But I think he does better

I was really impressed with the two minutes drill to finish the half.  He was decisive in making throws, which is fantastic to see.  Having CMC out there is going to change how defenses approach our offense.

I don't care about the stats except for turnovers and improving in the red zone.  If Darnold can improve in those area, it's going to be a pleasant surprise!

Everyone is talking about the TD to Anderson because, well, we didn't see much of that last year and it was beautiful. But it was the 1st TD that impressed me more. We fought to get down there. Then, a quick, short pass to Marshall in a crowd and 4 lineman truckin' into the end zone with him. OMG, yes. At no point did Darnold give up.

The O-line played better than I expected and, yes, I'm encouraged by Darnold. CMC will be back, Darnold will find that rhythm with his receivers and they will trust him. It's not all rainbows and unicorns but it's looking up. We finished the half strong; let's see if we can finish games too.

Edited by GRWatcher
  • Pie 3