• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Erving didn't look bad overall

Zod

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I remember it being lauded by all the sports journalists and writers at the time too. I guess sometimes you just never know. I remember a lot of us trying to excuse it as him recovering from that broken leg but this dude looks like he is playing with two broken legs.

I think us fans see what we want to see.  It's more hope than reality.  The number one rule in watching sports is never buy into what a journalist is selling.  Most of the time it's just fluff pieces to make a paycheck. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Paradis was looking decent last year, so let’s see if he was just needing to get his feet wet. Also how does everyone feel about a Moton, Elf/Daley, Erving (C), Miller, Christensen early on? I believe Erving has played C before…

I don't think Erving at C is going to be an improvement over Paradis.

This I can agree with.  You might as well throw that rookie long snapper out there if you are down to trying  Erving. Even considering Eflien who supposedly played center is a downgrade. 

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think center was the position he played in college. If he looked decent at LT with bad play at LG he might be serviceable there. I think Elf also played center, but he didn’t look so hot last night from what I hear.

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

This I can agree with.  You might as well throw that rookie long snapper out there if you are down to trying  Erving. Even considering Eflien who supposedly played center is a downgrade. 

Yeah, I don't think we are going to see anyone there but Paradis. Last year of his deal, so just one more to get through.

In fairness to Paradis, he has played well in stretches. Maybe we can see a few hot streaks during the year.

8 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I don't think we are going to see anyone there but Paradis. Last year of his deal, so just one more to get through.

In fairness to Paradis, he has played well in stretches. Maybe we can see a few hot streaks during the year.

If he could just be average the rest of the season Darnold might have a fighting chance.  But I still see the same issues on offense.  The run game will be an issue I fear.  They did manage to run against the second team with our backups but it didn't look good.  Time will tell I suppose. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Beer 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

If could just be average the rest of the season Darnold might have a fighting chance.  But I still see the same issues on offense.  The run game will be an issue I fear.  They did manage to run against the second team with our backups but it didn't look good.  Time will tell I suppose. 

It didn't look good in that unit after free agency nor after the draft nor after the camps nor after the preseason. It just is what it is. 

If nothing else, let's hope the younger OL members show some flashes or start performing well over the course of the year. At least then we can see there is something to build from. Otherwise, it's gonna be year two of attempting to build a line around a single player(Moton). 

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It didn't look good in that unit after free agency nor after the draft nor after the camps nor after the preseason. It just is what it is. 

If nothing else, let's hope the younger OL members show some flashes or start performing well over the course of the year. At least then we can see there is something to build from. Otherwise, it's gonna be year two of attempting to build a line around a single player(Moton). 

I have a good feeling about the rookies.  I think you will see a noticeable difference when they finally get to start.  The left side is still a mystery however.  But I'm like everyone else in that I am totally mystified as to why Moton is not on the left and Christensen is not on the right at tackles. The left guard and center positions are a mess right now.

Edited by Jon Snow

Just now, Jon Snow said:

I have a good feeling about the rookies.  I think you we see a noticeable difference when they finally get to start.  The left side is still a mystery however.  But I'm like everyone else in that I'm am totally mystified as to why Moton is not on the left and Christensen is not on the right at tackles. The left guard and center positions are a mess right now.

I am not even asking much, just let one of them pan out. If we can get one quality starter out of a couple of 6th rounders and a 3rd rounder, that's a win. 

Agreed on the tackle situation. I think they are just really sold on Erving. I don't know why, I can't see it personally but we will see how it works out.

I am not even asking much, just let one of them pan out. If we can get one quality starter out of a couple of 6th rounders and a 3rd rounder, that's a win. 

Agreed on the tackle situation. I think they are just really sold on Erving. I don't know why, I can't see it personally but we will see how it works out.

I don't know that is that they are sold on him as mush as they think his experience is bit more of an advantage than pure physical talent for them at the moment.