• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers about to trade for CJ Henderson?!?!

joemac

Just now, TheRumGone said:

All three can which is crazy. You can literally just pick which cb matches up better on what receiver. We’re playing man straight up. When we drafted jaycee I thought it would still take us a year or two to get to this. But this was the direction we obviously wanted to go.

This is true but DJ is just that much more talented than the other two bc he's actually a special player

Terrace and Robby are both starting X receivers

3 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Yes, he's like the best C PFF has ever graded and they're gonna be all over him as a first rounder. He's an elite athlete and bigger than Ryan Kalil. So some team is drafting him in like the 20s bc GMs like David Gettleman always fall in love with IOL

Thanks, I would be down if we are picking in the 20's, just that centers in the first are somewhat rare.   Still wanting that elite LT in the first

• Beer 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Thanks, I would be down if we are picking in the 20's, just that centers in the first are somewhat rare.   Still wanting that elite LT in the first

He's gonna be a Mel Kiper fave too. They always go crazy over guys they think is the next Steve Hutchison or the rare first round C. Tyler is actually that guy, the media and analytics will both support him next draft season and he's a fit here lol. 

6 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

All three can which is crazy. You can literally just pick which cb matches up better on what receiver. We’re playing man straight up. When we drafted jaycee I thought it would still take us a year or two to get to this. But this was the direction we obviously wanted to go.

Jaycee gave up two catches and the Corey Davis TD was almost a great play by him, he's legit (Surtain is too but it's fine)

This is like when Champ Bailey and Christ Mccallister (that old Ravens CB who was awesome) both went in the top ten at the same time

Panthers acquire CB C.J. Henderson, 5th-round pick from Jaguars for TE Dan Arnold, 3rd-round pick
I occasionally like a trade for both teams. However, it's also possible to dislike a trade for both teams as well. That's how I feel about this swap between the two 1995 expansion franchises.

C.J. Henderson was a top-10 prospect entering the 2020 NFL Draft, but he hasn't lived up to that billing. Henderson has struggled when healthy, and he's been banged up frequently. He could still have a bright future ahead of him, and if so, the Panthers are getting him for a discount. However, cornerback wasn't a position of need. Carolina already has Jaycee Horn, Donte Jackson and A.J. Bouye. Horn is hurt at the moment, but he's expected to return later in the year. Granted, you can never have too many cornerbacks against Tom Brady and his excellent receiving corps, but given how Henderson has performed so far in his career, his presence won't matter.

The Jaguars, meanwhile, have seemingly given up on Henderson too quickly. A third-round pick and a pedestrian tight end talent is not enough compensation for a top-10 pick from 17 months ago. There is something to be said about getting rid of a sunk cost, but the Jaguars should've been able to obtain more for Henderson.

Lastly, let's pour one out for the "Darnold to Arnold" jokes so many NFL announcers have fed us over the past couple of months. They will not be missed.

Grade for Panthers - C
Grade for Jaguars - C-

This is Walter's grading of the trade so we must have done very well. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If Brady C could play tackle we would have seen it by now

No, he's young. These guys need to learn, he played all preseason at RT. They might be gearing up to move Moton to LT. And Brady also has a Joe Thuney profile for LG which is also a need. He's gonna start by end of the year, I'm confident

1 minute ago, ImaginaryKev said:

No, he's young. These guys need to learn, he played all preseason at RT. They might be gearing up to move Moton to LT. And Brady also has a Joe Thuney profile for LG which is also a need. He's gonna start by end of the year, I'm confident

He's 25.  If Moton was going to LT and him to RT it would have happened by now.   I see BC more of a depth piece rather than a starter.  Just the way it is. 

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He's 25.  If Moton was going to LT and him to RT it would have happened by now.   I see BC more of a depth piece rather than a starter.  Just the way it is. 

Inexperienced, young, you know what I meant. He's also an offensive lineman, they can play into their thirties, the rest of your post is just your opinion

Edited by ImaginaryKev

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• That albatross still hung around our neck. We paid 20 million in dead cap for a second round pick and lost cmc. Paid 16 million in dead cap for moore to be traded to Chicago   Owed burns nothing but wouldn't trade him for 2 first round picks. Shitterer was beyond the most incompetent gm I've ever seen.
    • I did a lot of research on Xavier Legette for the past few weeks, and as some of you know, I was in favor of making him our first pick. I must say that I got tired of going back and forth seemingly every other day about X, and was so ready for the draft to come in order for the team to "put up or shut up" where X was concerned, and enable discussions on X to move forward. X was (is) the most polarizing player discussed on the Huddle in terms pick 33, and that brought a lot of contentious discussion as well as information. See, you never know what to believe during the draft season, and ever since the Senior Bowl, hints and outright stories of the Panthers' and X's mutual attraction appeared and ramped up so easily, that it was almost unbelievable. So, even though I liked X, and really figured that he should be the pick, the ease of which everything fell into place and the outside noise of different analysts made me lose a little conviction. But one ex-scout developed unshakable conviction all the way through.  Dan Kelly, who used to scout for the Jets back in the day, chose Xavier Legette as the top receiver in the 2024 draft class. I came across his thoughts weeks ago, but I'm sharing them now just to give you some positive food for thought since X is indeed a Panther. There is no boom-or-bust aspect to X in Kelly's estimation, as X is reminiscent of a damned good one. "This Gamecocks receiver conjures memories of how Pro Football Hall of Fame wide receiver Art Monk — the former Washington star — ran his routes." "Legette's sudden and spontaneous moves win initial route leverage against corners and then he wins again at route breakpoints." For as critical as some have been of X's release off the line, when I look at X work, I can't say that Kelly is wrong here. X certainly seems to get open (though admittedly sometimes he just out-physicals the DBs ). "Legette is the best in this draft class at "Mossin'" defenders — that is acrobatically outjumping corners for passes and coming down with circus catches. Legette isn't the next Moss, but he is darn good. He can go deep or sell the deep route well before settling back underneath and making those vitally important chain-moving intermediate-level receptions (11-19 yards)." https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/scouts_view_the_top_receiver_in_the_nfl_draft_isnt_who_you_think/s1_13132_39987216 On Kelly's own site, First Round Mock, he was a little more specific: "Legette has this spontaneous and impulsive ability to put little moves on corners, whether releasing from the line of scrimmage...or...when going deep. Either way, it’s enough to earn Legette route leverage (position advantage against the cornerback he’s matched up against)." There's that term again: route leverage. Say what you want about X, but he knows how to get it. Lastly, within the scouting report, Kelly really mentions the term again without saying it. "Strong target who showed high-level receiving skills beyond his years...Runs routes to get open rather than well-defined routes which makes him tough to cover. Gets to the spot..." That's ironic, no? X in his roughness makes it ugly for defensive backs to cover him. For me, this was an epiphany when I was looking at some of his clips. Yeah, he may not be the technician that a Diontae Johnson or (dare I say) a Ladd McConkey is, but he always seemed to get where he needed to be. He just simply is not built to be bullied or redirected from the task at hand, and I don't think that's a characteristic or talent (if you will) that can be taught. Sure, he'll be polished up as best that the coaches can, and perhaps that will allow him a smoother release. And I'm sure that the coaches will devise ways to scheme him open, but he's built---physically and mentally to get to where he's going. You saw it last season, and you're going to see it in the pros. Watch what I'm saying. https://firstroundmock.com/2024/02/xavier-legette-reminds-former-nfl-scout-of-these-legends/
    • This is from his draft / combine profile from NFL.com.   https://www.nfl.com/prospects/austin-corbett/3200434f-5200-8097-d4cb-2bd53a7e3b55   Overview Corbett won't blow you away with any of his measurables or play traits, but he's solid in most areas. Corbett is definitely sharp enough to move inside to guard or even center and has good technique, but his average to below average play strength and lack of length may be a concern. He has the size and talent to compete for a guard/center spot early on, but he may elevate above an average starter during his career.   Sources Tell Us "He's smart and just solid all the way around. Long time starter in the league. I think he'll end up at center." - AFC offensive line coach