• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Marty was still the GM we would have

Hotsauce

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

This was always one of the dumbest takes found on this board, but amazingly it got even dumber with this post.

The dumb the thing is confusing a "take" with a "facts". You are just in denial. That's your problem. 

Edited by CPF4LIFE

3 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

The dumb the thing is confusing a "take" with a "facts". You are just in denial. That's your problem. 

Quick Tip: Calling your opinion a fact actually makes your take look even worse.

The notion that Marty deserved credit for rosters he didn't build back then was stupid, but even that wasn't as absolutely dipsh-t goofy as giving him any sort of credit for Fitterer's work now.

Hell, some of Fitt's best work involved getting anything in return for some of the crap Hurney left behind.

27 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Quick Tip: Calling your opinion a fact actually makes your take look even worse.

The notion that Marty deserved credit for rosters he didn't build back then was stupid, but even that wasn't as absolutely dipsh-t goofy as giving him any sort of credit for Fitterer's work now.

Hell, some of Fitt's best work involved getting anything in return for some of the crap Hurney left behind.

Okay.... lets analysis my "opinion" for a second since you want to go down this rabbit hole

Cam Newton, Luke Kuechly, Jonathan Stewart, Greg Olsen (trade), Ryan Kalil, Charles Johnson, Thomas Davis, Josh Norman, Greg Hardy, DJ Moore, Brian Burns, Jeremy Chinn, Derrick Brown, Donte Jackson, Ian Thomas, Marquis Haynes, Franke Alexander, Jermaine Carter Jr., YGM, Jeremy Chinn, Bravvion Roy, Robbie Anderson.

When the Panthers have had winning teams the last 10 years a lot of these players were on the roster and most of them were starters or contributed heavily to the teams success. Gettleman never had to build a roster from the ground up, he filled in around great core players already here. He said it himself. Fitt is building off a great draft from last year and players the years before. Does he deserve more credit the Gettleman? Yes... because he managed to find us a QB and a top corner to complete the defense...his biggest task will be fixing the O line which has never been good the last 10 years. So Who drafted or brought in the players i named?

Whats the "OPINION" about anything i just said? 

Edited by CPF4LIFE

15 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Okay.... lets analysis my "opinion" for a second since you want to go down this rabbit hole

Cam Newton, Luke Kuechly, Jonathan Stewart, Greg Olsen (trade), Ryan Kalil, Charles Johnson, Thomas Davis, Josh Norman, Greg Hardy, DJ Moore, Brian Burns, Jeremy Chinn, Derrick Brown, Donte Jackson, Ian Thomas, Marquis Haynes, Franke Alexander, Jermaine Carter Jr., YGM, Jeremy Chinn, Bravvion Roy.

When the Panthers have had good teams a lot of these players were on the roster and most of them were starters and contributed heavily to the teams success. Gettleman never had to build a roster from the ground up, he filled in around great core players. He said it himself. Fitt is building off a great draft from last year and players the years before.  Who drafted or brought these players in?

Whats the "OPINION" about anything i just said? 

First off, Frank Alexander? Ian Thomas? Wow 😄

But anyway, Hurney had all those guys to build around too, and yet continuously built losing teams. Part of it being that for every one of the guys you named, there were guys like Greg Little, Rashaan Gaulden and Jordan Scarlett.

And that's the key: a GM builds the whole roster. Not just part of it. Even sh-t GMs like Matt Millen are capable of drafting good players but if you can't put a winning roster on the field, you're not good enough.

Happily, the vast majority on here are smart enough to be glad Marty's gone. Only one or two numbskulls remain.

The rest of us are living in the present. If you wanna pine for the dumbass GM that we used to have, feel free.

Just don't expect a lot of company.

Edited by Mr. Scot

56 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

First off, Frank Alexander? Ian Thomas? Wow 😄

But anyway, Hurney had all those guys to build around too, and yet continuously built losing teams. Part of it being that for every one of the guys you named, there were guys like Greg Little, Rashaan Gaulden and Jordan Scarlett.

And that's the key: a GM builds the whole roster. Not just part of it. Even sh-t GMs like Matt Millen are capable of drafting good players but if you can't put a winning roster on the field, you're not good enough.

Happily, the vast majority on here are smart enough to be glad Marty's gone. Only one or two numbskulls remain.

The rest of us are living in the present. If you wanna pine for the dumbass GM that we used to have, feel free...

...but don't expect a lot of company.

Actually....No.....Hurney didn't have time to build around those guys as he was out the door by the middle of the 2012 season which was cam and riveras second year and kuechlys rookie year...it is what is. He then was brought back right before the team got a whole new owner....the writing was on the wall regarding his future here. Yes, GM builds a whole roster BUT the key is for us....gettleman never had too and neither will Fitt. The simple fact that we are already talking about resigning players instead of drafting them to fill a bunch of holes like the jets speaks volumes of what we ALREADY HAVE on the roster.

Lastly, i have no issue with Hurney not being here anymore. New regime means new things. This isn't about pining for Hurney but acknowledging he did make some key decisions in certain roster areas that will get this team back to prominence sooner than later while he was here. You choose to make it about the results while ignoring the terrible coaching and a franchise QB with a messed up shoulder at the time that couldnt play to help us win. I guess that was Hurneys fault too. Whatever....he is gone, and we are in the present. Nobody is living in the past,  just want to enjoy current things without being reminded of old let downs...if you cared that much about the present you wouldnt keep bringing his name up everytime the new gm does something and gets you giddy like a lil school girl because last time i checked.....Hurney is the PAST.

Edited by CPF4LIFE

2 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Actually....No.....Hurney didn't have time to build around those guys as he was out the door by the middle of the 2012 season which was cam and riveras second year and kuechlys rookie year...it is what is. He then was brought back right before the team got a whole new owner....the writing was on the wall regarding his future here. Yes, GM builds a whole roster BUT the key is for us....gettleman never had too and neither will Fitt. The simple fact that we are already talking about resigning players instead of drafting them to fill a bunch of holes like the jets speaks volumes of what we ALREADY HAVE on the roster.

Lastly, i have no issue with Hurney not being here anymore. New regime means new things. This isn't about pining for Hurney but acknowledging he did make some key decisions in certain roster areas that will get this team back to prominence sooner than later while he was here. You choose to make it about the results while ignoring the terrible coaching and a franchise QB with a messed up shoulder at the time that couldnt play to help us win. I guess that was Hurneys fault too. Whatever....he is gone, and we are in the present. Nobody is living in the past,  just want to enjoy current things without being reminded of old let downs...if you cared that much about the present you wouldnt keep bringing his name up everytime the new gm does something and gets you giddy like a lil school girl because last time i checked.....Hurney is the PAST.

Yikes 😄

Lemme just caution you dude, if you're really going to push this notion that Hurney deserves credit for what Fitterer is building now, you're gonna get, shall we say, somewhat negative feedback.

(and given that it's one of the stupidest ideas I've ever seen on here, you'll probably deserve it)

13 hours ago, t96 said:

No chance. we made the playoffs 4 out of 5 season DG was here. He had some serious flaws but he also brought us one of our most successful stretches of play in team history along with a 15-1 season and SB appearance. 

With a core of Marty’s work. Both were bad but Gettleman was a complete ass to boot!!