• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The CJ Anderson trade gives me hope that Fitty and Rhule can fix the Oline this year.

1of10Charnatives

1 hour ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I'd trade Robby even though I like him if it gets us a quality OL, so I'm down with that idea. Before Fitty I would have said no one would give up anything valuable for shi or the likes of Daley, but poo man, the dude got something for Greg Little. Greg @#%ing Little! Nothing is beyond him. Do I think any of that is likely? Nah, but atm I'm enjoying the possibilities in a way that I never did under previous regimes. I think what's far more likely than a far fetched dream scenario I outlined fairly tongue in cheek is at most we're able to add one decent but not outstanding vet, and one of the two rookies proves up to holding down the fort at a spot for the second half of the season, and we finish up with an O line better than what we have now, but that is still only mediocre instead of bad. I see this being enough for us to get to the playoffs, but not make a lot of noise in them.

I agree with most of that. But I find it very unlikely he will get much out of a late round WR with zero regular season snaps, much less a decent o-line player. If he pulls that off then we can be sure he has some serious Watson level dirt on the GMs of the NFL.

• Beer 1

21 hours ago, mbarbour21 said:

There would be no reason to trade Shi. If he makes himself worthy of that spot and we feel like we can succeed by trading a receiver that will be Robby. (unless he has a no trade clause)

I don't want to see him leave, but we just spent all that money extending him and we have a lot of guys on the defensive side that will require a pay day. Plus, Robby's numbers are not that good. If we wanted to trade for a starting caliber offensive lineman, it won't be for a WR # 3/4.   

While trading Robby is a good deal for another team since he recently signed an extension. We would be taking a huge gamble on Smith and Marshall. Though Robbie hasn't had as many targets as we would like he is still a critical part of our offense.  #1 CBs are targeting Anderson which is leaving Moore in one on one situations.   Losing Robbie moves the double team to Moore and will leave two rookies and/or Zylstra to find openings in the defense.

As much as I hate to say it, I think we are going to have to ride this O-line as it is.  Hopefully, the Rookies step in and take over.  We've addressed the line in the draft and need our rookies to step in and contribute, rather sooner than later.  

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

While trading Robby is a good deal for another team since he recently signed an extension. We would be taking a huge gamble on Smith and Marshall. Though Robbie hasn't had as many targets as we would like he is still a critical part of our offense.  #1 CBs are targeting Anderson which is leaving Moore in one on one situations.   Losing Robbie moves the double team to Moore and will leave two rookies and/or Zylstra to find openings in the defense.

As much as I hate to say it, I think we are going to have to ride this O-line as it is.  Hopefully, the Rookies step in and take over.  We've addressed the line in the draft and need our rookies to step in and contribute, rather sooner than later.  

Yeah.  Some here severely underestimate the mere presence of Robbie.

Just 'cause he hasn't gotten much touches, doesn't mean he's ineffective for us.

He stretches the field and gives DJ and TMJ room to maneuver.  

On 9/28/2021 at 8:14 AM, 1of10Charnatives said:

Are you saying you would not trade your rookie late round draft pick 4th WR as part of a package for a starting quality OL?

I'll give you time to consider your answer carefully.

Pretty sure there your words brother. No putting words in your mouth on my end but I digress. If it was light hearted I'll go with it.

7 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I completely agree with you. I don’t want to trade Robby, but i just don’t think trading Shi for a starting caliber lineman is gonna happen. Lol! If Shi was that good then I would keep him over Robby because of contract.

2 minutes ago, mbarbour21 said:

I completely agree with you. I don’t want to trade Robby, but i just don’t think trading Shi for a starting caliber lineman is gonna happen. Lol! If Shi was that good then I would keep him over Robby because of contract.

I believe Shi Smith is going to be another steal of this draft.  He's in a perfect situation where we can groom him slowly and put him in the lineup as needed. 

Trading him for a lineman is only going to give us the caliber of players we already have.  There aren't many teams that are going to give away upper echelon talent for a WR.

• Beer 2