• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Cowboys Predictions Thread

Zod

On 10/1/2021 at 11:43 AM, PghPanther said:

Dallas 31..........Panthers 17.

No CMC.........no power running game on short yardage.........and a few holes in the defense and they realize they are not quite there yet.

Dallas while no powerhouse plays a good overall game..............

Sucks but I don't see it happening the other way around on the score. 

I disagree, I think they are a powerhouse, the best team in the nfc.  (And no, I don’t trust stafford with Rams in big games),  they should have won the Tampa game at Tampa if they had a decent kicker snd refs didn’t favor Tampa in that game such as a clear push off end of the game, they dominated controlled the game against a great San Diego team that is my pick to go to sb who dominated the chiefs and simply decimated the Eagles which should have been won by 5 tds.  I have to go with my head not my heart and say we lose like 31-17.   I believe we are playing this years nfc Super Bowl team.

• Poo 2

8 hours ago, electro's horse said:

i think this game will hinge on how well sam darnold plays. whether or not thats good or bad is up to you to decide

I’m afraid Darnold will be overmatched against Dallas defense which is underrated.   Say what you want about Quinn as a head coach but as a dc with good players he is very good.  This game could get very ugly for us early in the game.  Out of all the games left on our schedule, this is the only game I fear, I thunk we can beat arizona for example 

17-10 Cowboys

I’m not worried about keeping the Cowboys to a low scoring game, but I think (once again) people underestimate how awful this offense (oline) is without CMC - particularly how he covers up the oline weaknesses…and by that I mean pretty much the entire line. 

Only way I see Panther’s offense having a chance is if Chuba explodes out the gate.

Still don’t think the oline allows the Panthers to outscore a legit team/defense.

1 minute ago, onmyown said:

17-10 Cowboys

I’m not worried about keeping the Cowboys to a low scoring game, but I think (once again) people underestimate how awful this offense (oline) is without CMC - particularly how he covers up the oline weaknesses…and by that I mean pretty much the entire line. 

Only way I see Panther’s offense having a chance is if Chuba explodes out the gate.

Still don’t think the oline allows the Panthers to outscore a legit team/defense.

Well we are supposed to be the best defense in the league but we are playing arguably the best offense/most balanced team in the league, so it should be interesting.  I don’t fear their running game with zeke, we can stop him, not the same player as before, that other running back dude they have is electric pollard though, my fear is dak lighting it up against us in the air as he is playing on a mvp level, anyone know if our new cb we acquired from Jacksonville is suited up to play today?

15 minutes ago, Carolina fan 88 said:

I disagree, I think they are a powerhouse, the best team in the nfc.  (And no, I don’t trust stafford with Rams in big games),  they should have won the Tampa game at Tampa if they had a decent kicker snd refs didn’t favor Tampa in that game such as a clear push off end of the game, they dominated controlled the game against a great San Diego team that is my pick to go to sb who dominated the chiefs and simply decimated the Eagles which should have been won by 5 tds.  I have to go with my head not my heart and say we lose like 31-17.   I believe we are playing this years nfc Super Bowl team.

Say what you want about the Eagles, but the Eagles absolutely destroyed the falcons.  I like our chances against Tampa and don’t fear them at all, with Tampa we get at least a split with them and will win our division, way to beat Brady is pressure upfront which we can do.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Carolina fan 88 said:

Say what you want about the Eagles, but the Eagles absolutely destroyed the falcons.  I like our chances against Tampa and don’t fear them at all, with Tampa we get at least a split with them and will win our division, way to beat Brady is pressure upfront which we can do.  

Had Dallas kicker against Tampa was decent (missed an extra point, and two field goals, one which was like only 28 yards), Dallas would have won by six even with the no call clear push off end of the game

34 minutes ago, Carolina fan 88 said:

I’m afraid Darnold will be overmatched against Dallas defense which is underrated.   Say what you want about Quinn as a head coach but as a dc with good players he is very good.  This game could get very ugly for us early in the game.  Out of all the games left on our schedule, this is the only game I fear, I thunk we can beat arizona for example 

Better we play cowboys now than later on, as that defense will jell better over time under quinn as they are playing a completely different defensive scheme and missing some top defensive players, even so, each week their defense is getting better and made hurts last week play his worst game ever possible as a Nfl qb

1 minute ago, Carolina fan 88 said:

Uglier and closer than we think? You do realize we are 5 point underdogs right and missing cmc and horn on top of it right?

Darnold is going to have to play the game of his life without any turnovers against the team that I think will represent this years nfc super bowl team against San Diego and whose defense leads the league in turnovers even though that defense has only played 3 games under Quinn’s new defensive scheme there

On 10/1/2021 at 3:39 PM, jfo89 said:

Dallas will put an emphasis on quick passes and the run game, have some success early. Panthers trail for the first time this year. 

Defense tightens up, will hold Dallas to under 80 total rushing yards.

Add 5 more sacks to the tally. Burns or Reddick will pick off a screen pass.

Panthers have 120+ yards rushing. Sam throws for 300 and 3 TDs. Robby eats.

31-20 panthers.

Super Bowl: Bills over Rams

My Super Bowl pick cowboys over chargers, stafford chokes in big games, him changing teams won’t solve that, same with Allen, too inconsistent, Herbert now is the real deal.

Panthers 24

Cowboys 14

Panthers have faced two top 10 defenses so far this season, and despite that we are still a top 10 offense in terms of yards.

Dallas is the 26th ranked defense the worst ranking we've faced. Alot of people forgot the Cowboys had a historically bad defense last season, and it looks like they are picking up where they left off. They've only been held up by the ridiculous amount of turnovers they've created. 

Protect the ball and you can make plays on this defense that still isn't great. 

Dak will be under the most pressure he's faced this year.  Let's see if the Cowboys O-line can hold up. 

The more I've crunched the numbers and looked at all the factors, even though it's a road game, every thing is pointing to the Panthers being the better team and getting this victory.