• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seems like Mrs. Gilmore wants to make this the last stop

Proudiddy

9 minutes ago, joemac said:

Charlotte and the surrounding area really is a great place to live.  Amazing food, great weather, great city.  Can't really beat it.  I have lived all around the country and I may be biased a little, but Charlotte is my favorite place bar none.  I had to move from Harrisburg last year to San Antonio TX and I miss it like crazy. 

I'm not trying to argue this. I do miss living there and would consider it again other than the price of housing now.

However, most everyone I know left or wants to leave as soon as they can. Granted most everyone of these people  grew up there, moved there in the late 90s or early 2000s and wish it was 20 years ago.

I can see how it is attractive to people with wealth.

Edited by Moo Daeng

1 minute ago, Moo Daeng said:

I'm not trying to argue this. I do miss living there and would consider it again other than the price of housing now.

However, most everyone I know left or wants to leave as soon as they can.

Well, take it from me -  the grass is not always greener on the other side. I mean, there is nothing wrong with Texas but its not home. 

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, joemac said:

Well, take it from me -  the grass is not always greener on the other side. I mean, there is nothing wrong with Texas but its not home. 

My friends who have left or want to leave have gone to the mountains, etc. All are fortunate to work from home. That's a big difference.

2 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

My friends who have left or want to leave have gone to the mountains, etc. All are fortunate to work from home. That's a big difference.

Oh well if I could run off and live in Boone/Watuga Co. somewhere for the rest of my life thats exactly what I would do. 

2 minutes ago, Smithers said:

DJ would have to be willing to take on a lesser role, which usually means less money then he’d get elsewhere.  I personally think we will resign whichever of the 2 plays better this season.  

I  get that. I just don't think that makes sense. DJ is younger, is playing as well as most CBs, and is a home grown product. If we are only keeping 1, I would prefer DJ.

Personally, I would keep both. Within reason of course.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I  get that. I just don't think that makes sense. DJ is younger, is playing as well as most CBs, and is a home grown product. If we are only keeping 1, I would prefer DJ.

Personally, I would keep both. Within reason of course.

Yeah that would be ideal.  I’m still curious if anyone will make the switch to safety.  Would love to see Chinn in the box more

32 minutes ago, Smithers said:

DJ would have to be willing to take on a lesser role, which usually means less money then he’d get elsewhere.  I personally think we will resign whichever of the 2 plays better this season.  

Idk, Rhule and Fitterer seemed adamant about Donte being a big part of this team, and one of them, I can't remember who now, used the word "priority" when talking about Donte yesterday, saying the deal didn't change that and was independent of Donte's standing with the team.  They seem to love him.  I know things can quickly change, but he really seems to be highly regarded here.

I also mentioned in another thread, it wouldn't surprise me if we extend Stephon and he eventually moves to safety.  Fitt mentioned in his presser yesterday that as a lot of guys age, they may lose a step physically, but their football ability and smarts give them a step in terms of instincts, anticipation, angles, etc.  He also mentioned that the priority in this deal was the opportunity to bring in an incredible talent and they would figure out the fit after the fact and said we have guys that can play all over the field, and specifically included safety after naming all of the corners.  Knowing how renowned Gilmore is for his football IQ, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he transitions to safety if he is willing.  We clearly wanted him and want to retain him, and he wants to be here so I'm sure they'll find a way to work it out both with the contract and the scheme-fit.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

Idk, Rhule and Fitterer seemed adamant about Donte being a big part of this team, and one of them, I can't remember who now, used the word "priority" when talking about Donte yesterday, saying the deal didn't change that and was independent of Donte's standing with the team.  They seem to love him.  I know things can quickly change, but he really seems to be highly regarded here.

I also mentioned in another thread, it wouldn't surprise me if we extend Stephon and he eventually moves to safety.  Fitt mentioned in his presser yesterday that as a lot of guys age, they may lose a step physically, but their football ability and smarts give them a step in terms of instincts, anticipation, angles, etc.  He also mentioned that the priority in this deal was the opportunity to bring in an incredible talent and they would figure out the fit after the fact and said we have guys that can play all over the field, and specifically included safety after naming all of the corners.  Knowing how renowned Gilmore is for his football IQ, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he transitions to safety if he is willing.  We clearly wanted him and want to retain him, and he wants to be here so I'm sure they'll find a way to work it out both with the contract and the scheme-fit.

Makes sense. Id sure love it if all 4 (Horn, Henderson, Jackson, Gilmore) were here next season with Taylor learning behind them all.  Would be the best secondary the Panthers have ever fielded.  

• Pie 1