• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What do you see going on in the draft next year?

rayzor

-Sign Peppers... We can't replace him, he is a beast.

-Sign Gross... O-Line continuity please.

-Maybe Cut Lucas... This could leave us thin at CB but his play doesn't warrant his contract.

-Try to restructure Jake's contract.

-Attempt to free up as much cap room as possible.

-Sign Albert Haynesworth... This would be awesome; him and Julius would dominate.

-Repeat a Super Bowl win.

Oh boy, this would be awesome. Albert HAynesworth and Julius Peppers? Wow.....just Wow.

you people can keep dreaming about haynesworth, just go ahead and cut all that mess out

i think we can sign gross or peppers and then we would have to franchise the other one, but i sure hope we can sign both of them

restructure some of our older guys for the sake of being able to pay our younger fellas, lucas is a great player but we need cap room elsewhere

also re-signing peppers would actually be cheaper than what he's been making the past two years, I'm sure

then in the draft, try and snag 2 DTs high

maybe find a replacement for goings if we can find a well rounded FB/HB hybrid in the draft,

then after that it's all about depth and BPA as we will be in the late rounds by then

All FA dreams are frivolous, we have two of the most highly demanded players of the FA market on our team, no way we can look at ANYONE else

i think we can sign gross or peppers and then we would have to franchise the other one, but i sure hope we can sign both of them

I don't think it will be a problem. They both seem to be playing for the team, and not the money. I imagine they are both rich enough already anyway. But then again...

There was an article linked to here where the author was making an educated guess that Peppers didn't care about the money so much. Obviously, he doesn't know for sure, but it seemed pretty educated.

I don't think it will be a problem. They both seem to be playing for the team, and not the money. I imagine they are both rich enough already anyway. But then again...

There was an article linked to here where the author was making an educated guess that Peppers didn't care about the money so much. Obviously, he doesn't know for sure, but it seemed pretty educated.

nah I'm sure he was well educated, peppers proudest moment of his life was buying his momma a house, but then again he has stated he would like to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL

he's lived here all his life and done well, very few players of his caliber have done that he had his choices all of his life to leave home for somewhere else but he has continued to stay here, i think that speaks alot about him

The only thing I would agree with is the signing of Aso, but even the Raiders aren't so fuging stupid as to let him walk. He's their defense, flat out.

No way we can resign all of our FAs AND Aso, but it would be sweet. But I do agree Lucas needs to renegotiate his contract to a lower pricetag, if nothing else to help the team sign everyone it needs to.

No thanks to Cassell... ever. I'm not sure about Haynesworth. He seems to have gotten his poo together this past year, but would he be yet another locker-room cancer or community malcreant? Not sure if I'd be willing to chance team chemistry for a basass DT - we just got rid of Jenks cause of that.

Keydrick Vincent has been awesome at RG.

I'll respond to this a few different ways.

1) Moose has been a great No. 2. It doesn't mean that we cant upgrade and get younger at the position. Point is...get better and younger whenever possible.

2) Our offensive line improvement has been the biggest key to our success this year. That and Jake coming back of course.

3) Offensive line depth is the ONLY thing that has kept the offense on track, in light of various injuries throughout the year. Our defense certainly hasn't stepped up when needed.

4) Vincent will be 31 in a couple of months. I think he has been wonderful, but would rather have a 23 year old version, if given the option!

Finally, more often than not, it takes lineman a couple of years to break in as well. Theoretically, Vincent could be our starting RG for the next two years until such a replacement would be ready. At that point he would certainly be long in the tooth.

I would go after Linemen. Defense 1st and then Offense. We will have to get 1 in FA because we dont have but 1 premium draft choice.

I honeslty would consider trading our 2010 #1 pick for one this season, (were hot- these windows dont stay open forever) but considering the current PA/NFL stalemate it doesnt look like a valid idea.

There's a lot more likely to be talent in the second for a 1 at DT (Hood and Perry are my favorites) and a big run stuffer can be could later (as Kemo was).

Still a good guard (Duke or Herman) slipping to the 2nd could cause a surprise pick.

I completely agree on a good 3rd RB and as far as a CB, how can we pass up DeAngelo Smith?

much of the problems that we have in the secondary can be fixed by improving our front 4.

I wish more people would keep that in mind, especially as they look back at last week's game. And I really wish people would get off the "Matt Cassel" idea. It's not gonna happen, it isn't needed, and there's a pretty good chance he stays in New England anyway. If not, there's also a good chance that he winds up next year's version of Scott Mitchell and A J Feely.

(the Albert Haynesworth and Nnamdi Asomugha ideas are pretty much fantasy too)

I'm not terribly certain that the front four needs an "upgrade" per se, though I could see adding a DT that allows us to use Lewis as a situational rusher again as an idea. Bottom line: What the line needs more than anything else is the re-signing of Julius Peppers.

Ken Lucas may well be gone, but it's not definite that his role is the one we'll be looking to fill. If the team believes Richard Marshall can be a starter, he'll move to the other corner spot and the team will backfill the nickel.

Similarly, the team could be looking for successors to Brad Hoover and, possibly, Muhsin Muhammad. Yes, the team could see Jarrett in that second role, but I'm not certain they're sold on that idea.

The one spot I'd probably most like to see us address is tight end, but I'm not holding my breath. I'd love for the team to finally give up on the scheme of one blocking TE and one receiving TE and acquire one guy that can both block well and be a legitimate receiving threat.

Making a trade for the Steelers Heath Miller would accomplish that. Miller was a first round pick but has been underused in Pittsburgh and has been said to be in Coach Mike Tomlin's doghouse for unknown reasons. Barring that move, there are one or two free agent options that could fit the bill too.

In the end, the most important free agents for us to re-sign are going to be our own guys, especially Peppers, Gross, and Hangartner. Bring back those three and I'll consider it a decent offseason regardless of who else comes on.

I thought Barnidge was the best of both worlds TE you are wanting here. Some draft experts (and yes, I use that term very loosely) were calling him the next Jay Novacek. I'd be stoked if it were true, but I'm not holding my breath by any means. I don't think we need to bring in Miller myself, I'd rather we pick up another Kemo FA this offseason instead.

As for RG, as long as we have Hangman, the spot is covered pretty well if Vincent can't go. I agree we have to re-sign all three to be successful in the offseason. I also think Lucas renegotiates instead of a straight up cutting. It's about time we started grooming Hoover's replacement too. I wanted Schmidt this draft, but them's the breaks... time to look for v.2.0 as well.

Archived