• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is not a playoff team

NAS

20 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

And he has generally been more successful when he is using that mobility than standing in the pocket too.

How long do those running QBs last? They all get hurt, a lot. Cam is bigger and better than most, and he only lasted 8 years. Give me a QB that can last. Let him do some things, but mostly just be a QB.

12 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

Who are the NFCS qbs? 

Mobility does not equal running ability. Winston has always been seen as mobile and can run when he wants. Brady is mobile in the pocket, but doesn't often need to be since he has good protection and a quick release. Ryan? That one I could give you, but he can move in the pocket a little too.

Even if you wanted to say the Panthers were being built to beat those three teams and their QBs aren't mobile, that is just six wins at most, which is crap.

2 hours ago, NAS said:

There simply isn't enough time for Darnold to step up into these throws when they're constantly pushing linemen into his face. 

I agree with some of you points on whether we are playoff team.

However, it is a myth that Time to Throw is directly correlated with Intended Air Yards, as if the height and speed of the ball for every throw is the same.  It is not.   Ball placement and TT  are simply not linearly aligned.     

Tom Brady has the 3rd shortest time to throw, but the 10th highest in intended air yards per attempt at 9.1.     That is theoretically impossible assuming  that it takes longer to throw longer.  It does not.

If you throw a touch higher  you can throw earlier with just enough air time for the wr to get there.  The challenge is if you loft too much, defenders have time to get there too, so you have to lead the receiver so that he is full speed when he meets the ball.   

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, NAS said:

I project we will finish 8-9 or 9-8 at best and miss the playoffs. 

This was my prediction in the preseason.  Then came the Saints blowout and I thought we looked like a playoff team.  Then we lost Burris, Horn,  CMC, Shaq, Elflein, Erving, and Arnold.  We lost 2 games.  We have replaced Horn, and the other injures are not season ending.

Lets see if that team we saw in the Saints game returns.   We've lost one we were supposed to win.  I'm thinking we might win one we're supposed to lose.

Edited by SBBlue
  • Pie 2