Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

  • panthers-redskins-1.jpg

This loss is on the receivers, not Sam.


onmyown
 Share

Recommended Posts

Sam is probably the second biggest problem on the team behind the raging dumpster fire at OL.

But this was just a game we were destined to lose. The stalwart defense wilted, our WR's got a case of the Crisco hands.....it was crazy.

At some level I am glad it is Sam out there getting drilled and not some promising rookie we drafted. It's pretty clear Darnold is going to be the future here so let him work out the kinks on offense while we keep building that OL in 2022. 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

At some level I am glad it is Sam out there getting drilled and not some promising rookie we drafted. It's pretty clear Darnold is going to be the future here so let him work out the kinks on offense while we keep building that OL in 2022. 

Oh hell no you don't want a rookie behind this line. We'd be well on our way to ruining one. At least Darnold if he is ruined was already there. Quite frankly he doesn't conduct himself like Carr and isn't gun shy. I don't think he's broken at all he's just a gun slinger with the demeanor of a game manager so it gets people twisted.

  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It's pretty clear Darnold is going to be the future here so let him work out the kinks on offense while we keep building that OL in 2022. 

I don't think that's at all clear. If anything, it may be getting clearer that he's not the future. I know this staff is adverse to rookie QBs but  they might find themselves in survival mode this off-season. Drafting a first round rookie QB might be their best survival strategy. Sam's fifth year option is already picked up, so let him play wet nurse next year and you've essentially bought yourself two more years barring disaster.

  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think that's at all clear. If anything, it may be getting clearer that he's not the future. I know this staff is adverse to rookie QBs but  they might find themselves in survival mode this off-season. Drafting a first round rookie QB might be their best survival strategy. Sam's fifth year option is already picked up, so let him play wet nurse next year and you've essentially bought yourself two more years barring disaster.

Grand scheme of things already having the roster sans a QB is a better place to be than only having a QB and nothing else. After spending a year to build up the OL if we get a later round QB or even an early draft pick and put him in with this defense/weapons and the hypothetical OL we'd build that's how a SB window could be open the longest.

 

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

Grand scheme of things already having the roster sans a QB is a better place to be than only having a QB and nothing else. After spending a year to build up the OL if we get a later round QB or even an early draft pick and put him in with this defense/weapons and the hypothetical OL we'd build that's how a SB window could be open the longest.

 

I can't agree. That franchise QB puzzle piece is the hardest one to find. Either way, right now we need that piece and at least 2-3 starting OL and we don't have a 2nd or 3rd round pick. We better make a helluva lot better decisions in OL free agency next year, that's all I can say about that.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think that's at all clear. If anything, it may be getting clearer that he's not the future. I know this staff is adverse to rookie QBs but  they might find themselves in survival mode this off-season. Drafting a first round rookie QB might be their best survival strategy. Sam's fifth year option is already picked up, so let him play wet nurse next year and you've essentially bought yourself two more years barring disaster.

Yeah, I missed the key word which changes that entire post. 

NOT

  • Beer 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I can't agree. That franchise QB puzzle piece is the hardest one to find.

And easiest to fug up. It's very hard to find one and can literally take one OL/coach to break.

What my comment was mostly about is having a QB on the rookie contract while having an already good roster. Seattle won with their roster + low money given to Wilson and now the HoF QB which they have is useless behind a non roster same with ATL.

Brady in NE always had a defense and their SBs were 1 score games where the defense held opponents down and he always had an OL. Mahommes defense in KC, and so on.

Denver with a broke neck Manning

Can really keep going btw...that everything on the QB poo is for ESPN

Edited by Fox007
  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

And easiest to fug up. It's very hard to find one and can literally take one OL/coach to break.

What my comment was mostly about is having a QB on the rookie contract while having an already good roster. Seattle won with their roster + low money given to Wilson and now the HoF QB which they have is useless behind a non roster same with ATL.

Brady in NE always had a defense and their SBs were 1 score games where the defense held opponents down and he always had an OL. Mahommes defense in KC, and so on.

Denver with a broke neck Manning

Can really keep going btw...that everything on the QB poo is for ESPN

There's more to it than JUST the QB but having a legit franchise QB is pretty much a prerequisite.

  • Beer 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

There's more to it than JUST the QB but having a legit franchise QB is pretty much a prerequisite.

Yea no argument there. I'm saying getting one while having the team set is a good spot to be in and we have a large portion of our team set. LIke fug it i'd take Watson with a line next year for example and that team could compete for the SB.

Still need the Watson or the good rookie contract QB but just having a QB run around alone ain't the ticket. We seen that with Cam already

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Fox007 said:

Yea no argument there. I'm saying getting one while having the team set is a good spot to be in and we have a large portion of our team set. LIke fug it i'd take Watson with a line next year for example and that team could compete for the SB.

Still need the Watson or the good rookie contract QB but just having a QB run around alone ain't the ticket. We seen that with Cam already

I just don't think you have the luxury to pick and choose your timing. You have to jump when given the opportunity. I thought we had that opportunity this year with Justin Fields but we decided he wasn't the answer. We'll see how that decision ultimately plays out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I just don't think you have the luxury to pick and choose your timing. You have to jump when given the opportunity. I thought we had that opportunity this year with Justin Fields but we decided he wasn't the answer. We'll see how that decision ultimately plays out.

I wouldn't put him or any rookie behind this OL. So if it was me he'd be sitting which is something they should be doing anyway if you don't have poo to go with them.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

I wouldn't put him or any rookie behind this OL. So if it was me he'd be sitting which is something they should be doing anyway if you don't have poo to go with them.

I'd be fine with Fields sitting and learning while Darnold takes this pounding. I just think this staff believed they could fast forward the rebuild by focusing on the rest of the roster while dumpster diving at QB. It just doesn't work that way in today's NFL. They keep tweaking the rules to benefit offense to give the casual fans the high flying high scoring games they want to see. In response, you better build a roster capable of putting up points in bunches.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


  • sam.jpg

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I don't think it has anything to do with moving the team. The Market in the Carolina's is one of the fastest growing in the country. There is a reason Tepper is making the moves he is with the Rock Hill Complex and the MLS Team. In 5 to 10 years everything he is invested in will be worth double. He may not know football but this kind of business stuff is his bread and Butter and a major reason he wanted to buy the team. As far as the NFL and the football stuff, It all falls on Goodell and how much of a piece of human trash he is. It is the same story with Rob Manfred and the MLB. David Stern was in that same camp but look at Adam Silver now and what he has done with the NBA. The NBA is the fastest growing sport in the world and at the best place it's been since the world wide draw of Michael Jordan in the 90's 25 years ago. Even though super teams are still a think there are actual signs of parity now that haven't been seen in the NBA in decades. With all of the positive rule changes and things Adam Silver has done since taking over, He is easily the best commissioner in professional sports. Meanwhile guys like Goodell and Manfred are turning their sports more and more into the WWE each year while only caring about making the owners and themselves as much money as possible. They don't give a damn about the actual product they're putting out there. Player safety, cheating??? They let their public relation teams try and manipulate the media into promoting that these things are their top priorities and when these issues actually make it to the forefront, they show their true colors and do the exact opposite of what should be done and go back to their PR teams to sweep the poo under the rug while trying to pull the blinders down over their customers and players faces.
    • Basically dont draft a one dimensional player top top and a meh athlete. Fat run stoppers can be had rounds 2-5. Phil has look decent for example. Roy has his moments as well... But Brown... this I run a 5.2 whatever he did and I'm mostly a run stuffer but not really...is looking as busty as  42 year old mom on the rebound. Very dissapointed.
    • This coaching staff is too terrible for literally any QB/player to overcome. I've never seen anything like this in the history of the Panthers, even in our 2-14 season with a lame duck Fox. That team was bad because of Pickles. Insert Matt Moore or who ever at the time and that same team would have gone 6-10 or Panthers classic 7-9. People are mad because the talent on this team is good enough to make the playoffs. When you look at the roster it isn't crazy to expect playoffs even with a second year coaching staff. The talent on this team sometimes overcomes the lack of coaching and wins games. It was like Rivera's tenure. The team constantly won in spite of the coaching and when they needed the coaches to do their jobs ("cough cough" Super Bowl "cough cough') They failed the players every time.  4 QB's now and the same terrible results. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize what the problem is. Same thing goes for the defense. As soon as a team counters what our defense is throwing at them and they need the coaches to counter, they get nothing. Literally, our coaches do nothing, week after fuging week. I'd be more than happy to have Cam and Sam back next season to compete for the starting job as long as we have a coaching staff in place with legitimate NFL experience. 
×
×
  • Create New...