• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

And this is how you make a legend...

Khyber53

We're six games in, and sitting at .500. We have injuries, a bad o-line and a college coaching staff. This year was going to be tough no matter what, but we're still in this.

If Sam can be that guy he was at the end of the game, he'll be a world beater. If he can be that guy and we can just hold our own until CMC and Shaq come back, then we've got a chance to do more than exist.

There are still 11 more games left and nine after CMC comes back from IR. Those will be our toughest nine, but our opponents have to go through a lot to get there, too.

It ain't over yet folks, but if you want to head on out to the parking lot, see ya next year. Me, I'm here to the end, just live every year.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

The 5-10 yard rockets...I can't help but think he's talking about Chuba which is hilarious because Chuba is now in the NFL.

He should've been learning how to catch those rockets.

This ain't College anymore, son.     If he's expecting the lame ducks thrown to him on his college team, he better think again.

And for all of the Panthers, not just Chuba --- this is the pro game. If the ball hits you in both hands you are expected to catch it. If you don't then it's on you. 

While I'm mainly looking at Sideshow Rob Anderson, there weren't any receivers out there that didn't drop one of those to the best of my recollection.

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

"And this is how a legend starts." That's what I said to my wife when the Panthers lined up at their own four yard line on fourth down and ten, behind by eight points. It was meant to be ironic, sarcastic and just a way of saying, it's done, let's call it a day.

And then Darnold took the ball, dropped back and threw a dart forty yards down field to Ian Frikkin' Thomas.

And then he converted another first down by running it.

And then the fourth down conversion to DJ Moore.

And then miracle of miracles a pass in the end zone is caught by slick-handed Sideshow Bob Anderson.

And then Sam Darnold flicks a shovel pass in heavy traffic to rookie TE Tommy Tremble for the two point conversion and the tie.

And then the defense holds up enough for a missed FG to throw this game into overtime. We went from one of our worst games to a nail-biter.

It was over after the first Minnesota possession and we're three and three right now, back in the losing skid.

But don't hang this one on Sam Darnold. He did the unthinkable, the unimaginable. He put a team on his back and willed it 96 yards down the field to tie a game that we had no business being in. It's a loss, so the legend wasn't born, it'll just fade away into vapors. But don't give up on Sam yet. On a day when everyone else was losing the game for him, he carried the Carolinas on his back and gave us something to believe in, something to grown on.

Congratulations on a great post.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Khyber53 said:

And for all of the Panthers, not just Chuba --- this is the pro game. If the ball hits you in both hands you are expected to catch it. If you don't then it's on you. 

While I'm mainly looking at Sideshow Rob Anderson, there weren't any receivers out there that didn't drop one of those to the best of my recollection.

And who knew that the one person who came up BIG during that drive....

...the one person who made the BIG CATCH....was IAN FREAKIN' THOMAS!!!

Recall the picture I put up of last week where in the Game-ending INT, Sam had IAN wide open but he didn't bother to look his direction....many here were sh*tting on me saying that IAN would've dropped the pass.

Now here we are and it's just so damn funny.   lol

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

And who knew that the one person who came up BIG during that drive....

...the one person who made the BIG CATCH....was IAN FREAKIN' THOMAS!!!

Recall the picture I put up of last week where in the Game-ending INT, Sam had IAN wide open but he didn't bother to look his direction....many here were sh*tting on me saying that IAN would've dropped the pass.

Now here we are and it's just so damn funny.   lol

There's no way I would think Ian Thomas would be the go to guy. That's why I think Sam went completely off script with that throw. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

There's no way I would think Ian Thomas would be the go to guy. That's why I think Sam went completely off script with that throw. 

I can believe that.

Sam was like "*I'm* the QB here.  If *I* see someone open, no matter who it is, I'm throwing it". 

I seriously doubt 95% of the plays during that drive were Brady-Designed plays.

(oh btw, did you know that CRA is now making excuses for Brady?  Saying that it's not Brady's fault he was given slop? WTF is wrong with some people?)

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Glenwothe3rd said:

Sam always show flashes late, why by then the defense is playing not to lose...and Sam occasionally gets lucky...same thing he did with the Jets, week 2 against the 49 ers....

Yeah, there's a lot to unpack there, but there's definitely some truth. The kid is a competitor, but I think yesterday it showed he's surrounded by some serious deficiencies.

He has no o-line. 

No CMC, no outlet. All QBs need an outlet to dump the ball off to.

Only one pro-level receiver out there for him. And TMJ, well, he's still learning.

An OC that still thinks he's at LSU playing against Temple. A HC that would like to bring Temple to the NFL.

And game calling that thinks the run game is an unneeded part of the game (even when Chuba is actually doing well).

There's a lot to be said for the idea that we should treat Darnold as if this is his rookie year. If so, that investment will pay off. He has the "it" but he needs work and a game tailored better to his skills and what is around him. 

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, Khyber53 said:

Yeah, there's a lot to unpack there, but there's definitely some truth. The kid is a competitor, but I think yesterday it showed he's surrounded by some serious deficiencies.

He has no o-line. 

No CMC, no outlet. All QBs need an outlet to dump the ball off to.

Only one pro-level receiver out there for him. And TMJ, well, he's still learning.

An OC that still thinks he's at LSU playing against Temple. A HC that would like to bring Temple to the NFL.

And game calling that thinks the run game is an unneeded part of the game (even when Chuba is actually doing well).

There's a lot to be said for the idea that we should treat Darnold as if this is his rookie year. If so, that investment will pay off. He has the "it" but he needs work and a game tailored better to his skills and what is around him. 

Glad you were able to take an insult by a moron stating that Sam was "lucky" and turn it into a thought-provoking post.  👍

Can't give reactions anymore today so I'll just post them : 1495818555cartoon-fire-flames-emoji-png-

Damn that's huge.  LOL!

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1

20 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

The 5-10 yard rockets...I can't help but think he's talking about Chuba which is hilarious because Chuba is now in the NFL.

He should've been learning how to catch those rockets.

This ain't College anymore, son.     If he's expecting the lame ducks thrown to him on his college team, he better think again.

Chuba has shown to have terrible hands so far and thats not just because of yesterday.  I feel like on the season he has had more drops than catches.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Tr3ach said:

Also he's complaining about 5-10 yard rockets, I wonder if they were a fan of our previous franchise qb, I have a suspicion they might have been.  Most of these weren't "rockets", and basically every one the receivers got both hands on.  There is no excuse for those drops no matter how much it doesnt fit some people's narrative for easy fixes.

Newton got a lot of flack for those hard throws especially on shorter passes it was definitely a frequent source of criticism. The thing is if fans notice these issues so do opposing defenses who watch film. This is not a rookie quarterback people really need to shelve this silly mindset he is a veteran this is his fourth season. If he isn't on the same page with his receivers then it's his job to make that happen. They have this week to figure it out they should be spending a lot of time together it's on the leader of our offense to get that going.

8 minutes ago, frankw said:

Newton got a lot of flack for those hard throws especially on shorter passes it was definitely a frequent source of criticism. The thing is if fans notice these issues so do opposing defenses who watch film. This is not a rookie quarterback people really need to shelve this silly mindset he is a veteran this is his fourth season. If he isn't on the same page with his receivers then it's his job to make that happen. They have this week to figure it out they should be spending a lot of time together it's on the leader of our offense to get that going.

Yeah, I can certainly see that. Still, if it hits both of your hands, uncontested (as most of those drops were) then you're expected to catch them in this league. Big league fastballs are part of the game.

10 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Chuba has shown to have terrible hands so far and thats not just because of yesterday.  I feel like on the season he has had more drops than catches.

Yeah, that is the truth. He really needs to work on that. We have been spoiled by CMC who honestly is one of the five best receivers in the game. He'd be number one but he has all that running back work to do, too.

• Pie 1