• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2021-2022 Games Thread

Captain Morgan

Hornets are not cursed.   Just have a terrible owner that won’t spend money.  He uses this team to make more money for himself.   Lets go of good players and will not spend on free agents.  He loved making max contracts as a player.   But does not want to pay his players.  

• Poo 1

10 minutes ago, Stevemary32 said:

Hornets are not cursed.   Just have a terrible owner that won’t spend money.  He uses this team to make more money for himself.   Lets go of good players and will not spend on free agents.  He loved making max contracts as a player.   But does not want to pay his players.  

This isn’t it at all.

Jordan has stepped away from the team for the most part. This is Kupchak’s team and it’s built well.

The Hornets spent to the cap this year and the only true mistake that was made was trading for Plumlee instead of trying to sign Richaun Holmes, Daniel Theis, or Hassan Whiteside.

There isn’t a single player that we’ve let go in the past six years that we should have held on to other than Christian Wood (and at the time he was not the player that he is today). Some may argue that we should have kept Graham but there wouldn’t have been enough minutes to go around between him, LaMelo, and Rozier.

My only gripe with the front office this year is that they lowballed Bridges. There’s really no excuse for that.

Most of this teams issues fall on JB. He has stressed the importance of defense time and time again yet we are still giving up 115+ points a game. JB seems like a nice guy and seems to be great at developing talent but the X’s and O’s just aren’t there right now.

• Pie 1

49 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

This isn’t it at all.

Jordan has stepped away from the team for the most part. This is Kupchak’s team and it’s built well.

The Hornets spent to the cap this year and the only true mistake that was made was trading for Plumlee instead of trying to sign Richaun Holmes, Daniel Theis, or Hassan Whiteside.

There isn’t a single player that we’ve let go in the past six years that we should have held on to other than Christian Wood (and at the time he was not the player that he is today). Some may argue that we should have kept Graham but there wouldn’t have been enough minutes to go around between him, LaMelo, and Rozier.

My only gripe with the front office this year is that they lowballed Bridges. There’s really no excuse for that.

Most of this teams issues fall on JB. He has stressed the importance of defense time and time again yet we are still giving up 115+ points a game. JB seems like a nice guy and seems to be great at developing talent but the X’s and O’s just aren’t there right now.

I agree with most of what you've said. I would have kept Graham over Rozier though. It's rumored Terry had fairly high trade value before he was extended. I would have made use of that value and kept the cheaper option.

I've said it before and I still think JB will stick around for a couple more years at least unless the team just refuses to play for him. If JB can get the team into the playoffs past the first round, but not past the second, he'll probably get the same treatment that Jackson got from the Warriors and sent packing in favor of a new voice.

• Pie 1

Just now, jayboogieman said:

I agree with most of what you've said. I would have kept Graham over Rozier though. It's rumored Terry had fairly high trade value before he was extended. I would have made use of that value and kept the cheaper option.

I've said it before and I still think JB will stick around for a couple more years at least unless the team just refuses to play for him. If JB can get the team into the playoffs past the first round, but not past the second, he'll probably get the same treatment that Jackson got from the Warriors and sent packing in favor of a new voice.

I actually like Graham over Rozier as well due to the age and he’s probably a tad cheaper.

• Beer 1

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

I actually like Graham over Rozier as well due to the age and he’s probably a tad cheaper.

That was what I was thinking. I haven't looked at their stats, but Graham seemed to be just as good as Rozier at shooting 3s as well. Graham netted a first in the trade. Rozier was the more proven player. He should have netted more in a trade too.

5 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

That was what I was thinking. I haven't looked at their stats, but Graham seemed to be just as good as Rozier at shooting 3s as well. Graham netted a first in the trade. Rozier was the more proven player. He should have netted more in a trade too.

Graham is averaging 16.5PPG, 5.2APG, 3.1RPG, 1.5SPG. He’s also shooting 37% from the field and 35% from three. This is in 32MPG.

Rozier may very well end up averaging 20+PPG by the end of the year but is four extra points per game worth an additional $7M per year? We’d have definitely had a chance to land Holmes if we kept Graham instead of Rozier.

• Pie 1