Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

  • panthers-redskins-1.jpg

2021-2022 Games Thread


Recommended Posts

after a preseason that was "not ideal,"  Wed. October 20 starts the season with the Indianna Pacers visiting.  Game is at 7 pm.  We are healthier now and the Pacers will be a good measuring stick.  We were battling with them for the final playoff spots last year.

Let's hope for a victory to start the season, and see some chemistry established.  As much as we had last year, it never showed up in preseason.  Really want to get back to watching Melo work his magic and the team playing fun basketball. 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like no Rozier tonight.

The starting five is:

PG- LaMelo Ball

SG- Gordon Hayward

SF- Kelly Oubre

PF- Miles Bridges

C- Mason Plumlee

I’d expect Ish Smith, Cody Martin, Jalen McDaniels, P.J. Washington, and possibly Nick Richards to get some run tonight. I assume James Bouknight will get a little run as well.

I’m not expecting to see Vernon Carey, Kai Jones, or JT Thor and obviously Scottie Lewis and Arnoldas Kulboka are two-way players.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

Looks like no Rozier tonight.

The starting five is:

PG- LaMelo Ball

SG- Gordon Hayward

SF- Kelly Oubre

PF- Miles Bridges

C- Mason Plumlee

I’d expect Ish Smith, Cody Martin, Jalen McDaniels, P.J. Washington, and possibly Nick Richards to get some run tonight. I assume James Bouknight will get a little run as well.

I’m not expecting to see Vernon Carey, Kai Jones, or JT Thor and obviously Scottie Lewis and Arnoldas Kulboka are two-way players.

No! Not Richards.Anxiety No GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

No! Not Richards.Anxiety No GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

He seemed to be first off the bench to spell Mason in preseason and I’ve watched a few press conferences where they keep talking him up for some odd reason.

I don’t think we’ll see much of him because I expect us to go small with P.J. before putting in Richards but I still think there’s a possibility he gets in the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

He seemed to be first off the bench to spell Mason in preseason and I’ve watched a few press conferences where they keep talking him up for some odd reason.

I don’t think we’ll see much of him because I expect us to go small with P.J. before putting in Richards but I still think there’s a possibility he gets in the game.

I wouldn't doubt he gets some burn. Richards seems to have taken the place of the Martin twin that is in Miami now. JB just loves to play guys that he shouldn't for some reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


  • sam.jpg

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • It could also be the read order of the play. Zylstra was open-ish and there may have been hesitation because of how tight the window would be, then the decision to take off. You don't usually skip your first read if that is open. Really, really hard to say what happened here though, and why the ball didn't go out. He had 3 guys open at different points. Did he look to Ian first? I can't tell if he ever looked that far. If so, he didn't give the play enough time to develop, because he was the most open target of the 3 open receivers. Moore was also open and could have been thrown open even more, but Moore was likely the last read and he never got that far.
    • The Peach Bowl doesn't have a bowl tie in.  There is a rule that the highest ranked of the non power five teams has to get a spot in either the Fiesta, or the Peach if they don't get into the playoff.   And the teams are placed by the playoff committee.  So they could have the ACC champ.    https://www.collegefootballpoll.com/bowl-schedule/2021/
    • Thanks for the reply  I will try and paraphrase again  I do not feel I worded it properly  so I restate below below or you can listen to the last 15 seconds of the video  What the narrator said was .’ Cams eyes were in the middle of the field too much, not even seeing the outside receivers (sic) ‘  He said it could be just not being comfortable in the new offense could be the issues. but he had to fix the tendency or opposing teams would be sitting on those routes  Time will tell on Cam’s shoulder. I love him so I’ll take him at whatever percentage he is 
×
×
  • Create New...