• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Cam Erving is out Brady Christensen will finally start at LT (hype)

SgtJoo

16 hours ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

Start him at LT ANYWAYS. Even if Erving plays, I don't want to see Daley in a Panthers uniform every again. 

LT: Christensen

LG: Erving

Center: Turnstile

RG: Turnstile

RT: Moton

Turnstile is hugely under appreciated for an interior lineman.  Go over him, go under him but you will never go through him.  Word.

• Beer 1

30 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

Turnstile is hugely under appreciated for an interior lineman.  Go over him, go under him but you will never go through him.  Word.

That’s not how I remember Turnstile. He’s an improvement. Not because he doesn’t let people through. He does, but only one at a time. That’s certainly better than some of our current OL. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

20 hours ago, Mage said:

We easily could have won the Super Bowl in 2008 or 2009 if we ditched Delhomme sooner.  

Well maybe not with Ken Lucas at corner in 2008 but that 2009 defense was fast and nasty.

We coulda won 03 if the Pats didn’t cheat.  Coulda went back in 04 if Smitty didn’t go down week 1.  Coulda won 05 if we had our top RB for the NFCCG.

We coulda been a dynasty.  

Except we didn’t, and we ain’t.

• Beer 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• I think grades are fun, but they are extremely subjective. They player might be great, but the “grader” wanted a different position and vice versa. 
    • I'm not necessarily trying to be flippant, but Morgan has been telling you what type of team he's trying to to build. So, if you have no idea, you just haven't been listening. @ForJimmy explained it pretty well. But, if you don't believe that, then all you have to do is go back and listen to all of the pressers since Morgan was promoted. Then go back and listen to Dave Canales' pressers since he's been here. Don't forget to listen to the pressers during the draft. You're complaining because you don't agree with the player---or perhaps players that were drafted, the mail one being X. I have consistently said that they should draft the player with the most upside, and that you can't limit your draft based upon perceived limitations (especially perceived limitations based upon some fans) of your QB, particularly if the QB is unproven. X has the most upside, and he needs to be developed for sure, but what you obviously fail to realize is that all of the receivers that we could've picked were "projects," save for maybe Ladd who is smallish, has an injury history, and would have offered some redundancy with what we already have. Most people consider him a slot guy. We already have guys that can play in the slot.  If anything, our choices in the draft probably mean that Mingo is solidly in the long term plans. Whether he succeeds or not will be on him for the most part, as well as the coaches to put him in his best position to succeed. Regarding that, he likely needs to be transitioned to the slot where I'm pretty sure some teams (the Steelers being one of them) would have placed him in had he been available. What we also have is JT Sanders who will be another tough competitor on our side at the catch point. He is big-bodied with high upside, and will provide even another potential beast in the second and third level, and another consistent option for our QB (and any QB).  Morgan and Canales obvious put a premium on receivers that can make tough catches, but that doesn't mean that these guys can't be polished up and coached up where necessary. But even if I look at a worse case scenario, if a wideout can make a tough catch, in the mold of Alshon Jeffrey or even Tee Higgins, then YAC is not as important. But the fact is, that both of our newly drafted wideouts have upside to be YAC monsters. So many people were banging the table for a center. I've said it all the way through: apparently our FO on down believes that AC can be a proficient center. It s not like he hasn't played it before. Moreover, we found out (and some of us already knew) that BC could be a backup. Well that's the plan. Until proven otherwise, I'm going to have faith that Canales and Joe Gilbert (as well as Dan Morgan) know what they're doing in that regard. I could be wrong, but I'm thinking that our O-line should at least be average. We'll find out, but I trust that this is not going to be an excuse for Bryce not to succeed in 2024. You've already seen the investment in the O-line, and in the offensive weapons. But Morgan also invested in the defense. We were decent last season, but inconsistent which lead to us being gashed. But the lack of offense also lead to the defense being gassed, which of course leads to being gashed as well. With the addition of the rookies and the additions of Robinson and Jewell, Fuller and of course Clowney and Wonnum, getting gashed in the run game will hopefully be a thing of the past. But the fact is that you can't fix everything in one offseason. However, if you can't see the plan and the vision, you just don't want to see it.