• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A question for you all

Star Platinum

34 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

I get what you're saying but with Fields, we would've had a restarted Rookie Contract Clock to FIX the damn O-Line and teach him from the ground up how to be an NFL QB without all the bad habits learned from another NFL team.

Thats a good way to put that, my thinking is that the idea was this, if he fails we pick high and take another, if he hits we pay him and are ahead of schedule,That’s not such a bad gamble on such a high reward proposition.

Just now, Star Platinum said:

That’s fair but, there are many other things involved in a total overhaul like that, basing it all on the Qb is fine for the offense but what of the defense ?

I think the D is trending in the right direction.  We need some LB talent. Shaq being out hurts but even with him I think that is the spot that needs an infusion of talent.  

2 hours ago, Star Platinum said:

That’s fair, however I don’t think that Sam was the first choice, if I venture a guess I would say Matt Stafford was the guy, but we were a slightly less attractive spot, so going into this offseason I think you’ll see some nice moves made, that’s what I’m hedging my bets on. But as for this season, our best move is to watch, wait, and evaluate.

‘slightly’

lol…where to begin

Just now, CRA said:

I think the D is trending in the right direction.  We need some LB talent. Shaq being out hurts but even with him I think that is the spot that needs an infusion of talent.  

Here’s the problem though, we are tear two into that scheme, a new coach will likely scrap it and start over if trends are to be considered, so assuming you hire a 4-3 quarters kind of defense coach, then you have to redo the secondary again at least to some degree because of our style of corner, that means trades or draft capital, so not only are you hoping to hit on your hire, you pray they hit on what would be at least two draft classes, not ideal for a team with some promise.

8 minutes ago, Star Platinum said:

It’s not so much what I like about the staff it’s the huddles tendency to want heads to roll, but without a clear option in mind, I do see regression for sure, but I would say that as things stand there isn’t much to be done 

A little is post meltdown loss emotion but at this point it's reasonable to expect someone to get fired sooner than later. I agree it's still to early. I expect a fire to be lit by Tepper but the firing to happen later if this continues to fall apart. 

• Pie 1

Just now, CPantherKing said:

I'm willing to wait 10 years to see the outcome of a 5 year plan in an NFL era that has a 2 to 4 year turnover of talent. How about you?

Don’t you feel like that’s a bit of a stretch ? If 4 years is your threshold for patience then you still have 2 and a half years before you’d be behind schedule on the long side of modern rebuilds

Just now, Waldo said:

A little is post meltdown loss emotion but at this point it's reasonable to expect someone to get fired sooner than later. I agree it's still to early. I expect a fire to be lit by Tepper but the firing to happen later if this continues to fall apart. 

My personal bets are on Brady and perhaps Blackburn that would be sufficient I think

1 minute ago, Star Platinum said:

The thing that makes me sigh is that I believe with time Brady will figure it out, just not for us and maybe not even his second try.

That's how it goes, even BB failed in Cleveland. Brady was ridiculously raw and inexperienced when we hired him. He still has a high ceiling, he just isn't close to it yet.

I always hoped they would go with an old hand at OC but this staff has been allergic to meaningful NFL experience. Just not balanced and here we are.

• Pie 1