• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When did you give up on Matt Rhule?

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

Giving up on a head coach during year 2 of a rebuild? Jesus…

Y’all act like Rhule believes this roster is perfect. Most here said we had the worst roster in the league when he took over.

Some of you need to find another hobby 

For real…And then still claimed it even before the Jets game too…which is it?

16 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Giving up on a head coach during year 2 of a rebuild? Jesus…

Y’all act like Rhule believes this roster is perfect. Most here said we had the worst roster in the league when he took over.

Some of you need to find another hobby 

1st year was the pandemic season as well.. 

This is ridiculous overreaction..

• Pie 1

21 hours ago, SCO96 said:

The defense is not great, but it isn't as bad as you're implying either. Yesterday, we had about 8 3 and outs. That's terrible when you consider most teams average 12 offensive possessions per game. Guys get tired if they're own the field too long.

Years ago the late Dwight White talked about how bad Terry Bradshaw was in his early years with the Steelers. He said before he could get comfortable on the bench the team would have to go back on the field because of a 3 and out or a turnover. Too many defensive snaps will wear a team out.

When Monte Kiffin was DC for those great Buccaneer defenses during the Dungy/Gruden era he practically said the same thing. I remember saying that they were great if they could keep the snaps at 60 or less. After that he said we aren't nearly as effective. 

Factor that in with the fact that the defense knows how bad the offense currently, I can see why its hard to keep the same level of performance all game long.

Yeah, I know.

Our scheme has also been figured out and the loss of Shaq Thompson has hurt more than anyone could have imagined. 

First press conference I ever heard him speak at when he was hired to coach the Panthers.......

..he sounded like a cross between Mr. Rogers and a motivational speaker........and spoke about football like it was a kids summer. 

I made a prediction at that time he would last 3 years in the NFL before ending up in college again.......I still stand by that prediction. 

Edited by PghPanther