• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What did they see in Darnold?

GoobyPls

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

you literally said our line would not be better with a good LT.  If you are not drunk you are most certainly on something. But I am done responding to you.  Good night

And I still think that way.. I gave you reason why.. You don't accept them cool..

No need for the personal attacks..

Edited by WOW!!

3 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I'm guessing he's got 1 more shot at QB.

Correct.

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Maybe that's why Deshaun Watson is his best opportunity to not fug up again...

I suspect that Tepper is the one basically telling them get the deal done. I somewhat suspect Rhule doesn't have the sack to try and get someone better on his own accord.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Now I disagree..

I think they knew the Oline was a major problem and knew this would be a result earlier if he got hit like this consistently in the preseason..

I think that they were praying for a healthy CMC covering for the Oline and gelling together with more reps and time would make them better....

They said early they Hopefully be treating Sam like a rookie and he could game manager for most of the season... Cmac injury, Oline horribleness and now WR dropping everything threw that out the window...

Away with logic you fiend, the mob runs on emotions.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Correct.

I suspect that Tepper is the one basically telling them get the deal done. I somewhat suspect Rhule doesn't have the sack to try and get someone better on his own accord.

I agree..

I don't blame Rhule in that situation.. After fuging so bad on his 1st 2 shots.. Take the easy route and give the owner what he wants..

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

I agree..

I don't blame Rhule in that situation.. After fuging so bad on his 1st 2 shots.. Take the easy route and give the owner what he wants..

Plus, as much as I am taking a cheap shot, I don't think he has the experience or time to be finding a new QB out there. That is basically Fitterer's job. Rhule has his hands MORE than full enough trying to figure out what it takes to be successful in the NFL. 

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Plus, as much as I am taking a cheap shot, I don't think he has the experience or time to be finding a new QB out there. That is basically Fitterer's job. Rhule has his hands MORE than full enough trying to figure out what it takes to be successful in the NFL. 

Agreed.. But that what you get when you hire college coach with little pro experience.  You better have patience...

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Continuation with Watson: if he doesn't get to play in 22, you essentially can get a free ride in 22. Rhule could turn pockets out to I have terrible QB no picks schtick to get a little more time.

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Agreed.. But that what you get when you hire college coach with little pro experience.  You better have patience...

Yep but we are seeing that this owner does not, despite what he said. I suspect that may have to do with the coaching staff, however. I don't think they were ever in on this idea of a "rebuild" they have always been in a win now mode. Which...don't get me wrong, they should be. But that may have gotten Tepper excited, only to see this sort of disappointment. 

If the rumors are true of Rhule talking Tepper out of Fields, this is not a great look this season either.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, chbright said:

Continuation with Watson: if he doesn't get to play in 22, you essentially can get a free ride in 22. Rhule could turn pockets out to I have terrible QB no picks schtick to get a little more time.

True. We will see his true colors if we don't get Watson and we continue with Darnold.

51 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Your extreme is the only time in NFL history and the luckiest poo to ever happen...

Add context to your point..

Coming KB was a first round talented player..

He didn't fail because he didn't have talent.. He failed because he likes buffets to much and didn't work on being a good football player...

Different story for Sam... Sam works hard he has talent he just not good... But it's not a bad move to find that out...

The risk reward factor that we thought in the offseason is still the same... Just because the results didn't work doesn't make it a crazy or horrible decision...

You can have revisionist history now and act like you was always against the move..

But reality was it was a low risk high reward move that didn't workout.. Its okay it happens  .

If you added KB to your team today.  You aren’t adding first round talent.  His draft status is irrelevant now.  You are adding a bad WR.   

and when we move on from Sam and someone throws him on a roster as a backup.  They won’t be adding top 5 talent to their team.  They will just be adding a bad QB. 

Revisionist history? I’ve been calling Sam what he is since they put on pads in Spartanburg.   I did the same with Teddy too.   We weren’t getting unknowns.  Both came here and were exactly what they showed the world for years.    I was cool with adding Darnold for cheap to tinker with and see if there was anything there to be fixed.  Not be the guy. 

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

If you added KB to your team today.  You aren’t adding first round talent.  His draft status is irrelevant now.  You are adding a bad WR.   

and when we move on from Sam and someone throws him on a roster as a backup.  They won’t be adding top 5 talent to their team.  They will just be adding a bad QB. 

Revisionist history? I’ve been calling Sam what he is since they put on pads in Spartanburg.   I did the same with Teddy too.   We weren’t getting unknowns.  Both came here and were exactly what they showed the world for years.    I was cool with adding Darnold for cheap to tinker with and see if there was anything there to be fixed.  Not be the guy. 

Right but it's not because he doesn't or didn't have 1st round talent... 

CONTEXTS we know now that KB likes to eat and doesn't work on being a better player..

We didn't have those clues on Sam..

Sam is younger player with no questions about effort... The problems he has is something every coach "thinks" they can fix..

Coach Crum had a old saying..

"Give me the athlete and I'll teach them how to play basketball "

Most if not all good coaches think this way...

In reality we didn't risk alot to do exactly what many coaches and football teams think they can do... Get a talented player and coach them up to their potential...

That's what they were planning to do..

Cmac getting hurt, Oline not getting better and now WR dropping easy passes thrown that plan out the window...

Edited by WOW!!

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Right but it's not because he doesn't or didn't have 1st round talent... 

CONTEXTS we know now that KB likes to eat and doesn't work on being a better player..

We didn't have those clues on Sam..

We literally had all these clues on Sam.    He has been the worst starter in the NFL the last 3 years coming to this season.   Everything he is doing horribly…..he displayed to the world over the last 3 NFL seasons before he got here.  And he had the issues coming out of college too before the Jets touched him.   He has been the same guy everywhere he has ever played. 

just like with Teddy, some hoped he could be different than what he had proven to be for years and years.    But yeah, we clearly had the clues on Sam.  

• Flames 3