• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

1999 to 2002 Cleveland Browns

kungfoodude

Starting QB's over that span(5): Tim Couch, Ty Detmer, Doug Pederson, Spergon Wynn, Kelly Holcomb

Winning Seasons: 1

Winning Percentage: 0.328

Playoff Berths: 1

2018-2021* Carolina Panthers

Starting QB's over that span(7): Cam Newton, Taylor Heinicke, Kyle Allen, Will Grier, Teddy Bridgewater, PJ Walker, Sam Darnold

Winning Seasons: 0

Winning Percentage: 0.385

Playoff Berths: 0

*using the first seven games of this season only

I See You What GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

I wasn't arguing your point. I was adding to it.

Right, the larger point being that franchise dysfunction can last multiple decades if you aren't careful. 

Keep in mind, while everyone was laughing at the Browns and their QB search during those years, they kept stockpiling highly drafted and talented players. In the end, almost all of them were squandered. 

I just hope this isn't the beginning of that sort of era for us.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Right, the larger point being that franchise dysfunction can last multiple decades if you aren't careful. 

Keep in mind, while everyone was laughing at the Browns and their QB search during those years, they kept stockpiling highly drafted and talented players. In the end, almost all of them were squandered. 

It's likely to be exactly that, if our front office chooses to let the problem creator serve as the problem solver. I mean, rebuilds mean you gradually get better. We've steadily gotten worse since hiring Rhule. This roster, save for 7-8 players at most, is an abomination and the coaching staff is clueless beyond description.

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

It's likely to be exactly that, if our front office chooses to let the problem creator serve as the problem solver. I mean, rebuilds mean you gradually get better. We've steadily gotten worse since hiring Rhule. This roster, save for 7-8 players at most, is an abomination and the coaching staff is clueless beyond description.

I think the roster has clearly gotten much better from 2019 to 2021. It's a very talented group that should be capable of winning with a competent QB, a competent OL and competent coaching. Without those....it's what we are seeing.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think we can match squandered with almost anyone ever.

Cam
Luke
Peppers
Smith
Olsen
Gross
Kalil(C)

That's all I feel like even listing

• Beer 2