• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Positional Value

shaq

Why waste a draft pick on a player you can quite literally pickup after the draft? Fletchers reaction just makes this even more comical he clearly not expecting to be drafted. I wish Fletcher nothing but the best and I hope he has a great career for us but this mistake has been beyond costly. Hindsight is always 20/20 but I just never understood this pick not even for the fact that Trey Smith was the literal obvious pick and is a stud, but just why waste a valuable draft pick for no reason? 

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 9.25.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 9.30.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 9.33.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 9.34.18 PM.png

Edited by shaq
  • Pie 1

55 minutes ago, shaq said:

Why waste a draft pick on a player you can quite literally pickup after the draft? Fletchers reaction just makes this even more comical he clearly not expecting to be drafted. I wish Fletcher nothing but the best and I hope he has a great career for us but this mistake has been beyond costly. Hindsight is always 20/20 but I just never understood this pick not even for the fact that Trey Smith was the literal obvious pick and is a stud, but just why waste a valuable draft pick for no reason? 

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 9.25.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 9.30.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 9.33.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 9.34.18 PM.png

Trey Smith has an 82.2 on PFF for the year and is starting for the Chiefs. He absolutely was the better and correct choice even without the benefit of hindsight, though I will concede that WFT picked an LS right after Fletcher.

• Pie 1

The biggest problem is you win with offense in the NFL now. Almost every coach Hurney has ever picked has built it backwards. No different this time. Tepper has really stepped though the mud with the firing of Rivera and what happened after. I think Fitters is a good GM and eventually will be the head of the show. 

• Pie 2

39 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Trey Smith should have been the pick. Depending on how our medical staff felt about his clotting situation, their opinion could have weighed heavily on our decision to pass on him. It sucks that we missed out on him considering what we have attempted to call guards all season. 

He would be such a nice player moving forward too, this is the worst o line I’ve seen the Panthers put out there it’s embarrassing.

• Pie 1

The overall OL talent level coming out of college has been lagging behind most other position groups for a long time. 

College teams have figured how to get by with JAGs on the line and I think this is probably the mindset that Rhule came to the pros with.

Big problem is this isn't college and just because it worked there doesn't mean it will work here.

OL matters. You live or die in the trenches. You can't just throw guys with grit in there and bounce them around the line hoping that something works.

You get guys with a proven track record of sustained success at a specific position and you put them in it and you keep them in it.

This is a kick in the nuts lesson that I hope drops him to the ground weekly and that his stubborn ass learns from.

• Pie 2

33 minutes ago, rayzor said:

The overall OL talent level coming out of college has been lagging behind most other position groups for a long time. 

College teams have figured how to get by with JAGs on the line and I think this is probably the mindset that Rhule came to the pros with.

Big problem is this isn't college and just because it worked there doesn't mean it will work here.

OL matters. You live or die in the trenches. You can't just throw guys with grit in there and bounce them around the line hoping that something works.

You get guys with a proven track record of sustained success at a specific position and you put them in it and you keep them in it.

This is a kick in the nuts lesson that I hope drops him to the ground weekly and that his stubborn ass learns from.

Great post dude I couldn’t agree more. 

• Pie 1