• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Heinike

Paa Langfart

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Sam situation totally agree with..

But Players not playing up to the standards they have most of the season.. Is not...

Especially when I can see Easily.. They were in position to make those plays...

Which is what happened today...

It was pretty clear fairly early that WFT's passing plan was pretty much "find #26 and throw to his guy". We should've yanked Dante at halftime. This is the second time in three weeks Rhule has failed to make an obvious depth chart move. Sam should've been yanked at halftime vs. the Pats, but Rhule wanted to give him a chance to "play through it". This is professional football. It's not about not hurting feelings. Do your job or we'll put in someone else and give them an opportunity. 

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It was pretty clear fairly early that WFT's passing plan was pretty much "find #26 and throw to his guy". We should've yanked Dante at halftime. This is the second time in three weeks Rhule has failed to make an obvious depth chart move. Sam should've been yanked at halftime vs. the Pats, but Rhule wanted to give him a chance to "play through it". This is professional football. It's not about not hurting feelings. Do your job or we'll put in someone else and give them an opportunity. 

Yank a guy who is having his best season and playing dam near a pro bowl level after 1 bad half of play???

Okay you got it... Smh!! 

Name me a coach that is doing that??

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Yank a guy who is having his best season and playing dam near a pro bowl level after 1 bad half of play???

Okay you got it... Smh!! 

It's not about the season, it's about today. What are you doing today?

Name a coach? Bill Belichick benched #1 CB Malcolm Butler in the SUPER BOWL.

14 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Okay you got it... Smh!! 

I get what you are saying and to a point you are right. Most coaches wouldn’t yank their CB1, but with the way he was playing you certainly have to try and mask his deficiencies… for example, move him to the slot.

If you are loyal to a T then you’ll find yourself unemployed very quickly in professional sports. Unfortunately for Rhule, he hasn’t figured out how to walk the line.

Whether it’s straight up lying about “how excited” he was to work with Cam or his inability to find a spot on the field for Jackson (other than opposite of McLaurin), he still has a lot to learn about how to handle tough situations.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

4 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I get what you are saying and to a point you are right. Most coaches wouldn’t yank their CB1, but with the way he was playing you certainly have to try and mask his deficiencies… for example, move him to the slot.

If you are loyal to a T then you’ll find yourself unemployed very quickly in professional sports. Unfortunately for Rhule, he hasn’t figured out how to walk the line.

Whether it’s straight up lying about “how excited” he was to work with Cam or his inability to find a spot on the field for Jackson (other than opposite of McLaurin), he still has a lot to learn about how to handle tough situations.

They started playing more Zone to help him.. Not much else he could do..

They move him to the slot then the Team just puts Mcclarin in the slot or you have a lesser CB covering Mcclarin in the outside??

At some point you got to trust a player to get his poo together because the other options aren't good either...

7 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

And Again Ron made similar mistakes in his 2nd year of coaching.. You don't just fire coach unless you see no improvement and he has lost the locker room.. Which hasn't happened here..

5 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

They started playing more Zone to help him.. Not much else he could do..

They move him to the slot then the Team just puts Mcclarin in the slot or you have a lesser CB covering Mcclarin in the outside??

At some point you got to trust a player to get his poo together because the other options aren't good either...

I personally don’t think zone was the answer. There’s no reason to punish the rest of your defense because one guy is shitting his britches.

McLaurin is known to be an outside guy, he can play in the slot but just last year he stated that he was learning the position.

I’d take my chances on the fact that they don’t move him inside and if they do at least the deep threat is off the board and you have linebacker help.

If they keep him on the outside then you have Gilmore there to play press man.

8 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

And Again Ron made similar mistakes in his 2nd year of coaching.. You don't just fire coach unless you see no improvement and he has lost the locker room.. Which hasn't happened here..

To me it’s not about the coaching… it’s the wasting of a year and a half to find out that the answer was “truly on the roster”.

I think he gets another year but it’s playoffs or bust next year.

7 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I personally don’t think zone was the answer. There’s no reason to punish the rest of your defense because one guy is shitting his britches.

McLaurin is known to be an outside guy, he can play in the slot but just last year he stated that he was learning the position.

I’d take my chances on the fact that they don’t move him inside and if they do at least the deep threat is off the board and you have linebacker help.

If they keep him on the outside then you have Gilmore there to play press man.

You haven't come up with a coaching change that was better...

Mcclarin can play all over the field so moving CB to avoid him won't work.. Playing zone is always the way to cover up for a DB in 1 on 1 coverage.having problems.

Our LB were the problem today also playing at horrible depth...  

There were also broken coverage plays from other Db's that hurt us.. 

It was just a bad matchup.. Its okay to admit that

Edited by WOW!!

3 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

To me it’s not about the coaching… it’s the wasting of a year and a half to find out that the answer was “truly on the roster”.

I think he gets another year but it’s playoffs or bust next year.

But we're talking about 1 position.. The hardest position to find on the team.. I'm just saying most coaches get more then a year and a half to find there QB.. Especially when they done a solid job at most every other position... right??

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

You haven't come up with a coaching change that was better...

Mcclarin can play all over the field so moving CB to avoid him won't work.. Playing is always the way to cover up for a DB in 1 on 1 coverage..

Our LB were the problem today also playing at horrible depth...  

There were also broken coverage plays from other Db's that hurt us.. 

It was just a bad matchup.. Its okay to admit that

Bad matchup for sure…

But I did suggest a change unless you glossed over it.

McLaurin plays the least amount if his snaps in the slot… that’s where you move Jackson. Okay, so what happens when they move McLaurin to the slot.. at that point you have linebacker help and worse case scenario you are giving up 5-10 yard completions rather than 20+ yard completions. You can also rotate him with Bouye so that Jackson isn’t completely out of the game plan but he also isn’t hurting you every play. It’s certainly better than being flat out benched.

Onnnnn the other hand…

If WFT doesn’t move McLaurin to the slot then you play Gilmore on him and at that point you can play man across the board and shade the safety to McLaurin’s side to deal with his speed.

It’s not rocket science… In fact, Rhule should pop open a Webster’s, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results.