• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The seas have parted

saX man

I like it. Rhule would be good at Oklahoma. As soon as I saw Riley was leaving I thought Rhule has to be eyeing that position. I’m not sure LSU is going to turn over their program to Joe Brady though. He’s not proven as anything as a coach as of now. Brady might be heading back to the Saints coaching staff IMO. 

I like Eberflus a lot. Defense would shine under him with the talent they have here. Hire an up and coming offensive coordinator from the NFL and we might have a team. 

19 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

I’m big on Eberflus. I liked him during the last search. I also like Daboll from Buffalo.

I have this weird feeling Mike Tomlin is gonna get fired and Tepper is gonna hire him since he’s a Pittsburgh guy.

If the Steelers are dumb enough to get rid of Tomlin, I hope we are smart enough to back up the Brinks truck and send Rhule out to Oklahoma.

1 minute ago, jopie87 said:

If the Steelers are dumb enough to get rid of Tomlin, I hope we are smart enough to back up the Brinks truck and send Rhule out to Oklahoma.

Tepper doesn’t like Tomlin. He lobbied to have him fired when he was a Steelers minority owner 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, davos said:

If Tepper wants to, it's happening.  It's his money.  I wouldn't say it's disposable but this is too embarrassing to continue with such a lucrative deal.

I’m not sure how much of it is guaranteed. He signed a 7 year deal worth 60 million and 10 million in incentives. Also had a 2.5 million signing bonus. So let’s say 30 million is guaranteed. 

60 million minus 2.5= 57.5. He will have coached 2 seasons at 8.5 million per season. That is 17 million. 57.5 million minus 17 million is 40 million. So Tepper would have to pay out roughly 10 million. 

Buts that’s just guessing 30 million is what’s guaranteed.

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

He hired Matt Rhule after lobbying for Tomlin to be fired. I guess you’re saying he might have learned more since the Rhule failure?

Pegulas took a while to get McDermott right and the whole Tomlin thing is blown out of proportion. Florio had a great article that in the era of new ownership the first head coach tends to not work out. It’s ok the world doesn’t end tomorrow.