• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenny Pickett at 5/6

davos

14 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Exactly so why not throw darts at a bigger board next year?  As it stands today it’s looking like a great class.    It is however a great line class this year. Why go against the grain when you don’t have to?   I don’t want this front office to try and get cute and try and outsmart professional scouts and analysts.    You are right there probably will be one maybe 2 starters from this crop but what realistically is their ceiling.    There are no high graded qbs so in theory we will be aggressively reaching.    

Thank god.. bro

Perfect analogy..

Stop drafting against the grain!!

10 minutes ago, frankw said:

Hey now. We got Darnold bc our mgmt bid against themselves for a QB no one else wanted and virtually every fan saw as a disaster from a mile away. You won't allow your own ego to discuss this rationally. That's your problem bub.

We got Darnold.. Because the owner got impatient and convinced himself we needed a new QB NOW!!  He couldn't get Stafford or Watson so he settled due to desperation..

Instead of being smart Keeping Teddy and "drafting with the grain" .. Get 1 of the QB out of critically acclaimed draft that teams were tanking to get to for a chance at 1 of those Qbs.. If we had been patience we'd have a young QB on the roster better then anybody coming out this year..

Edited by WOW!!

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

We got Darnold.. Because the owner got impatient and convinced himself we needed a new QB NOW!!  He couldn't get Stafford or Watson so he settled due to desperation..

Instead of being smart Keeping Teddy and "drafting with the grain" .. Get 1 of the QB out of critically acclaimed draft that teams were tanking to get to for a chance at 1 of those Qbs.. If we had been patience we'd have a young QB on the roster better then anybody coming out this year..

Tepper definitely had his hand in the cookie jar at times like with the Rhule hiring process but Darnold was Matt and so was Teddy. Tepper wanted Fields and he would be here rn if he had actually been in on that decision. Waiting another year sounds okay until you get to the part where we have absolutely no idea where we will land in the draft order or other teams and their needs. Nothing is guaranteed and we cannot plan for something like that this far out. That's all most folks have been saying 🤷‍♂️

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I don't think you can blame Tepper for Darnold himself; that was the genius of Rhule.

Tepper saying you have to keep looking for a QB if you don't see that you have that franchise guy I think was more about drafting one since Teddy clearly wasn't it.  Tepper wanted Fields but we all know how that turned out... 😕

Teddy also threw the coaches under the bus and I feel like once you knock the coaches like that, you're usually gone if you aren't a superstar.

• Beer 1

28 minutes ago, frankw said:

Hey now. We got Darnold bc our mgmt bid against themselves for a QB no one else wanted and virtually every fan saw as a disaster from a mile away. You won't allow your own ego to discuss this rationally. That's your problem bub.

Ego???

Coming from the guy going against the scouts and Analyst who do this for a living..lol 

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Ego???

Coming from the guy going against the scouts and Analyst who do this for a living..lol 

Mel Kiper is an analyst who does this for a living. Do you hold his opinion in high regard? Scouts I'll give you a little more on that but there is a reason front offices across the league are purged fairly consistently. Yes they know more than fans but they get it wrong plenty too.

It's also important to note this is still early in the QB evaluation period.  A lot can and will change... Lance and Wilson moved up a ton, Fields fell pretty far between now and draft day in 2021s draft...

There's also a possibility covid 2020 seasons are going to make scouting QBs coming out this year much harder... Pickett isn't necessarily in that group since he has so many years of film.

22 minutes ago, frankw said:

Mel Kiper is an analyst who does this for a living. Do you hold his opinion in high regard? Scouts I'll give you a little more on that but there is a reason front offices across the league are purged fairly consistently. Yes they know more than fans but they get it wrong plenty too.

I hold it higher then MB guy or YouTube scout. .. And who do you think your reading scouting reports from?? 

Let's get past this who do you trust when it comes to scouting reports. 

13 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

It's also important to note this is still early in the QB evaluation period.  A lot can and will change... Lance and Wilson moved up a ton, Fields fell pretty far between now and draft day in 2021s draft...

There's also a possibility covid 2020 seasons are going to make scouting QBs coming out this year much harder... Pickett isn't necessarily in that group since he has so many years of film.

Ppl were talking about Lance and Feilds years before..

Until last season Pickett was headed to undrafted FA.. If he moves up its basically QB desperate teams talking themselves into taking a risky move..

Edited by WOW!!

Just now, WOW!! said:

Ppl were talking about Lance and Wilson years before..

Until last season Pickett was headed to undrafted FA..

Lance was mentioned because of his crazy Year in 2019, but never before that. He was a complete 1 year wonder.  So he was this big enigma the entire 2020 season as to where he'd go. 

Wilson actually was similar to Pickett. Not really much/any talk about him heading into 2020, then skyrocketed to #2 after the season... He really made a name for himself in 2020 after uninspiring years before that (2019 was 14 total TDs in 9 games). Another one year wonder, but with 3 years of starts... Fields was still widely considered ahead of him until the evaluation period after the season. 

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Lance was mentioned because of his crazy Year in 2019, but never before that. He was a complete 1 year wonder.  So he was this big enigma the entire 2020 season as to where he'd go. 

Wilson actually was similar to Pickett. Not really much/any talk about him heading into 2020, then skyrocketed to #2 after the season... He really made a name for himself in 2020 after uninspiring years before that (2019 was 14 total TDs in 9 games). Another one year wonder, but with 3 years of starts... Fields was still widely considered ahead of him until the evaluation period after the season. 

I edit and said Lance and Fields.. Wilson was a mistake..

And I talked about Lance in 2019.. So yes I know..

Edited by WOW!!
  • Pie 1

13 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

And you're right Wison was a 1 year wonder.. 

If it wasn't for the outrageous arm talent and athleticism and age .. I would look at him like Pickett..

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

And you're right Wison was a 1 year wonder.. 

If it wasn't for the outrageous arm talent and athleticism and age .. I would look at him like Pickett..

Just doing a little research on Pickett.  His entire line were redshirt seniors.  That has to play a factor in his season.  If I had the time I might do a deep dive but this is what I found on the surface

Edited by mrcompletely11