• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Audio: Joe Person interview (Fox Sports Upstate)

ellis

50 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

I just think our media in Charlotte has accepted mediocrity for so long that we just go along with it. We get excited for moves such as Bridgewater/Darnold when at the end of the day how far are you really going to go with these type of guys?. The local media is not in tuned with the local fans here. Our fans are finally starting to wake up.  I don't know about you guys, but I am sick of mediocrity.

Might as well get use to it, hell it’s fixing to get worse. It won’t be mediocrity, it’s fixing to get real bad. Hope you like soccer, that’s all Tepper is worried about.

I can't help but feel as if Pat Meyer and Sean Ryan will be axed, Nixon will be promoted to OC, Lombardi to QBC, and Sparano Jr to OLC. That leaves just the RB coach open, unless they move on from the TE coach as well.

Consult Jim Skipper on who the team should bring on as an RB coach and call up Rob Chudzinski up at Boston College to see about being the TE coach + assistant OC? 👀

Edited by Icege

17 hours ago, ellis said:

I made this point the other night on Twitter. In retaining Matt, what is your strategic edge? Even if you land Watson. Even if you hire a couple of competent veteran coaches to run the OL and call plays. Even after all of that, does Matt become better at what he does at his core? The win total likely improves, but to those who feel he’s overmatched on the NFL level, I’m sure they would argue that the root problem still hasn’t been dealt with. 

I want to preface this by saying that I don't like Matt Rhule as an NFL coach and i want him fired asap.

But, if the panthers were to hire an OC, an OL coach and someone on the defensive staff all with solid NFL experience (hopefully HC experience), I think Rhule could become a competent coach.

I do think it would take until year 5 or 6 of his contract though.