• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

After today, everyone should understand you need a QB

AU-panther

2 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Like I said, can't miss QBs don't fall to pick 10 in the league.  

There is more to a QBs skill set than running fast or throwing the ball far.

You are probably the type of fan who thought Burrow would be a bust because his "ceiling" was too low.

Do you see any qbs in this draft with skill sets that can make them a franchise qb?  I dont.  Each one has some pretty substantial physical limitations.

Also I can search back and find posts where I am on Burrows nutsack.  Dude had the "it" factor all season at LSU.   I dont get that with Pickett or the others. 

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Because while these guys were talking about a rebuild and a five year plan their actions showed that they thought they could create a very fast turnaround.

Worst part is Rhule is entering a critical year 3. If we pick top 10 in 2023 he is most likely not making that pick. What is stoping him from throwing the kitchen in this years draft? Is Tepper truly that dim or is he being deliberately ignorant?

12 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Sure but Willis is the rawest of the raw.   So I doubt rhule wants to roll the dice on picking someone thats not even going to play.  ANd if that dumb motherfuger tries to start willis next year behind our line then holy hell he is stupid

I don’t think you read posts fully before replying

11 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Wrong

How often is a QB really the best player available?  Unless you have the #1 pick in a generational year (Luck, Manning, Lawrance) a non-QB will almost always be rated higher.

Chase Young probably had a higher grade than Burrow.  

QBs are in a different league based on improtance, you can't compare them to non-QBs.

A lot of years actually. Only 5 times since 2000 has a non-QB went #1.  Were these QB actually the top-rated guys on draft boards?  It's a mixed bag, but I agree not exclusively.  The tell-tail sign of how good the class is when a QB is drafted #1 over is where the 2nd and 3rd guys go.  It's a really good measure.  We shall see after the draft what teams thought of this QB class.  Houston at #3 really needs a QB and if they go FA or stick with Davis Mills over Pickett/Corral that will be very telling.

1 minute ago, Growl said:

Honestly the cam selection wasn’t luck (he went back to school)

ill give Marty his due, he made that pick despite the world telling him not to because the media was telling him there’s no QB worth a 1st overall pick and the fanbase was telling him “games are won in the trenches” and to take the SURE THING in marcel dareus

I remember that draft well cause I turned off the tv and ignored it after the Cam pick. Fortunately I’m just a fan but now it seems like someone as dumb as me is now running this team, maybe even dumber and the owner is to prideful to admit he hired a dumbass. 

Tepper is probably telling himself he doesn’t want to meddle and would rather leave it to the experts. But if I saw someone try to fix my plumbing with a jackhammer I would fire that dude.

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

I do I guess I didnt articulate well enough.  I am saying nobody is drafting a qb with the plan to be the next staff to develop him.  If he were to get drafted he would more then likely get run out there at some point next year. 

I was in a hypothetical conversation with someone else. Like what I would do not what Rhule is gonna do.

1 minute ago, firefox1234 said:

I remember that draft well cause I turned off the tv and ignored it after the Cam pick. Fortunately I’m just a fan but now it seems like someone as dumb as me is now running this team, maybe even dumber and the owner is to prideful to admit he hired a dumbass. 

Tepper is probably telling himself he doesn’t want to meddle and would rather leave it to the experts. But if I saw someone try to fix my plumbing with a jackhammer I would fire that dude.

Tepper wants a franchise qb. He wanted fields. And now he wants Watson. He seems to be the only person in this org that values a franchise qb. He should probably start meddling or get a new staff that values it as much as him. 

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Do you see any qbs in this draft with skill sets that can make them a franchise qb?  I dont.  Each one has some pretty substantial physical limitations.

Also I can search back and find posts where I am on Burrows nutsack.  Dude had the "it" factor all season at LSU.   I dont get that with Pickett or the others. 

lol, what skill sets?

What physical limitations are you talking about?  Do you really think there isn't a prospect in this draft that can throw it hard enough?  So, every one of these prospects have a weaker arm then all of the good QBs in the league?  or slower than some of the good QBs in the league.

This isnt Madden, you don't need 99 speed or throw power to be good.

With that being said none of these QBs might end up being good but it's not going to because they don't have the tools its going to be because they are bad at playing at QB.

2 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

I remember that draft well cause I turned off the tv and ignored it after the Cam pick. 

Well in short the panthers didn’t draft a single other good player and nobody cared and it went on to become regarded as perhaps the best draft class in the history of the franchise because having an elite QB dwarfs everything else by comparison

but also they probably should’ve gotten some more good players too, it was a great class

• Pie 1