• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2022 NFL Draft QB prospects: Strengths, weaknesses and pro comparisons for the top signal-callers

Martin

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Before this season started, I'd have picked Ridder. Now that it's over, I'm probably still picking Ridder. 

I like Corral, but his injuries bother me.

I am intrigued by Willis. 

I am kinda reluctant about Pickett and Howell because of a limited ceiling due to athleticism.

Yup Pickett is basically in his prime and already throws with the velocity of a 35 year old. Howell is like a slower (mentally and physically) Baker Mayfield, not seeing anything promising out of either one. Willis if he falls to the 2nd and we have a pick would be hard to pass up. 

So, these are the only QBs worth anything in this draft? I think not.

Going to be another 2012 draft with the experts ridiculing teams that "reach" for Russell Wilson and Nick Foles in the the 3rd and Kirk Cousins in the 4th. Who would want championship leadership QBs with high football IQs?

Give me Andrew Luck, RG3, Ryan Tannehill, Brandon Weeden and Brock Osweiler.

In 2022, the teams that pick Aqeel Glass, Bailey Zappe, and Kaleb Eleby will be mocked.

Give me Kenny Pickett, Malik Willis, Sam Howell, Matt Coral, Carson Strong, and Desmond Rider everyone will say.

My expectation is a similar outcome from the QBs in this draft.

I hate win ppl compare Wills to Vick..

Wills is athletic and can run but he can't run like Vick...

He runs like Tyrod Taylor.. or McNabb 

It's a totally different type of speed and agility.. Lamar runs like Vick..  When Vick got clear space you didn't catch him from behind. 

I agree that Willis doesn't look like he has Vick speed. Or Lamar Jackson or Kyler Murray speed for that matter. I do think he's faster than McNabb though. He looks to have Cam like speed to me. Which is still damn fast but there's a big difference between being 6'5" 260 with 4.5 speed and being 6'1" 215 with 4.5 speed. The former is rare. The latter is average NFL athleticism (looking at the league as a whole, obviously still very good athleticism at the QB position).

I know Willis supposedly ran 4.37 at Auburn, but those college times are almost always greatly exaggerated.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I agree that Willis doesn't look like he has Vick speed. Or Lamar Jackson or Kyler Murray speed for that matter. I do think he's faster than McNabb though. He looks to have Cam like speed to me. Which is still damn fast but there's a big difference between being 6'5" 260 with 4.5 speed and being 6'1" 215 with 4.5 speed. The former is rare. The latter is average NFL athleticism (looking at the league as a whole, obviously still very good athleticism at the QB position).

I know Willis supposedly ran 4.37 at Auburn, but those college times are almost always greatly exaggerated.

If we had a Greg Roman or a QB guru on the staff that could harness RAW clay.. I'd be all about Wills because the arm is elite strong and his running ability is RB like..

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

If we had a Greg Roman or a QB guru on the staff that could harness RAW clay.. I'd be all about Wills because the arm is elite strong and his running ability is RB like..

Definitely. If he has it between the ears and lands in the right situation he could be great. We ain't that situation though.

13 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Agreed... If he fell to the 2nd would you be interested??

I can't say. IMO, his entire draft status hinges on the things I can't know. How he interviews and does on the whiteboard with concepts being thrown at him is his everything. It's Herbert all over again. The physical tools are there. All the questions are about mentally transitioning to an NFL offense.