• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Howell

LinvilleGorge

6 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

Is 56% passing damn good?

His first big TD run came when our defensive lineman was nearly pulled to the ground right when he started running.

He was effective but seems a little exaggerated.

Think he passed the eye test as a capable backup at the very least, regardless of his completion percentage. I’d say that there’s quite a few instances out there where you can’t just look at the stats. Anyone who’s a Panthers fan should be in tune with that as there were quite a few games where Cam led us to victory with a subpar completion percentage.

he's a schoolyard quarterback. these inarticulate routes and improv are perfect for his style. the running ability was impressive, but probably not a long term strength in his game. he'll lose some of that with typical league wear and tear. he's jumpy in the pocket partially because he's a little undersized and needs to be rolled out a little more than most guys to get clean looks. I like Sam, but when you're his size you almost have to be perfectly efficient and that is going to be a huge challenge. ball placement, timing, etc. he's def a prospect and better than where he was drafted, but I think you can say that about a lot of this QB class. guys really free fell down the board.